kira carson luxury gifts

Marlaine

Sorry if this has been covered. I searched but couldn't find anything....

I'm trying to pump up my affection on Kira Carson on my alts. From what I understand, she should "love" luxury gifts, however the affection points are on scale with "favorite" gifts.

My alts are level 14, and have not started the romance of Kira Carson. Is romance required for luxury gifts to give "love" affection points? Or is it just bugged?

I can't find any gift for Kira Carson that actually gives "love" affection points.

Check this out...

http://www.oldrepublic.net/261-swtor-companion-gifts-guide-how-buy-your-love.html

That should help answer your questions I think.

The only thing you need to start the romance for, is to given courting gifts. Until then those gifts give 0 affection.

Also the grade and type of gift maters. Giving a grade 1 item to someone with 6k affection won't have the same effect.

Edited by VanorDM

Yeah Vanor, that is exactly the guide I've been using. Note that Kira Karson should be at "love" for luxury. However she gives me points equivalent to "favorite".

To put this in numbers, Kira is at 2500 affection, so a blue rank five luxury gift should give 144 affection. However, a blue rank five luxury gift only gives 81 affection, which is equivalent to "favorite" gifts.

This is with rank 5 gifts, so it's not an issue of the gifts being too low rank.

I've also tested all of the other gift types (to see if the guide was wrong), and as far as I can tell Kira Carson does not have any gifts that actually give her "love" equivalent affection points.

I understand that this could be as designed, because not all classes can have two companions at level 14 that you can enhance affection with. For example, my smuggler only has one companion (and his ship droid) at level 14, and you can't bump the ship droid's affection.

But it would be nice to get some clarification.

Edited by Marlaine