Devs: Cent and Champ comms in 1.2?

Ananael

When 1.2 goes live on Thursday, will we be getting anything for our now useless centurion and champion commendations? Or do they just disappear or become un-spendable junk? Edited by Ananael

Sending us to a thread that got zero replies from any BioWare employee means nothing. You didn't help at all in this thread.

Didn't know BW employee's replied on fan-sites...

and what did you contribute to this thread again??

Didn't know BW employee's replied on fan-sites...

and what did you contribute to this thread again??

I assumed he was referring to the second link from the SWTOR forums, since that's the only one that would reliably be trusted anyway, unless it had links pointing back to the SWTOR site.

Its from people who played PTS and compiled the items from new vendors... Its not like if they pulled it out of their ***. Thats the changes. If you want an orange post from every fact, you wont believe much.

Originally Posted by Kiwaukee

Two questions:

1) What will happen to the daily pvp quest rewards? Will we still be given a bag choice depending on rank, and if so, what will it contain?

2) Sort of a follow-up - I just recently obtained valor level 60 and have been trying to save Battlemaster commendations so that I can purchase the weapon (for 3 commendations), but I only have one. Will Battlemaster gear still be available for purchase with leftover commendations after the patch, or should I use the commendation now to purchase an item that only costs 1? Will existing battlemaster/champion/centurion commendations be exchanged for warzone commendations?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Response From GeorgZoeller

1) Some quests reward Warzone commendations, other reward Ranked WZ commendations. We eliminated all RNG mechanics from the PvP gear progression, so no more opening of Battlemaster bags.

2) The answer is that you probably want to use them towards an item. The longer answer is that yes, there's some things you can use your old commendations on, but how desirable they are is in the eye of the beholder.

The ever analyzing Dulfy posted a pretty good summary of what to do with your old commendations here: http://dulfy.net/2012/03/20/your-old-pvp-commendations-and-1-2/ (Thanks Dulfy, making my life much easier )

Edited by Wheelerific

So they're worthless.. that seems odd considering currently they're more valuable then warzone comms and yet Merc comms are getting converted.

If you currently are way above Champ/Cent gear (Most players have BM gear by now..) and have tons of extra comms, they arent worthless.

You have nothing to spend them on now anyway, so save them and buy boxes and stuff.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.