Game Update 1.2 will be going live on Thursday, April 12th!

jimmyjediknight

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they will be ready in 2 days? How much debugging/polish in those 2 days that they haven't done already up to today?

I'm not trying to troll. I'm genuinely curious.

Often the last bits are documentation polish/checking, packing the files for distribution (after a "freeze" on the code), things like that.

You're ecstatic about something that should have been in the game at launch?

The appropriate way to give devs feedback:

-missing feature

-complain about missing feature

-missing feature is added

-thank the devs and complain about other things

The inappropriate way to give devs feedback:

-missing feature

-complain about missing feature

-missing feature is added

-continue complaining about how that feature should have been added earlier

But its cool, most devs already know that the videogame audience (and the MMO audience in particular) is impossible to please.

Is there actually any SOLO mission content in this patch or is it all group stuff?

It's hard to tell in all the hype.

I'd like to think that they have provided this kind of content as well as all the group stuff.

It's bad enough they lock out certain items unless you have a certain social score.

At least finally give us the HK-47 mission!

Dear Bioware,

I know patch 1.2 has been announced for launch during the month of April. I know talk has been going around about this for some time and just like 80% of the SWTOR comunity I am happy it brings so much fresh content and updates.

Yet please be aware that you make a good thing turn bad by releasing a 24 hour notice of the final release date.

How is it that you do not see how unprofessional and non ITIL conform this is? This is a paradigm changing patch, some ppl are trying to get that last bit of rank to buy a speeder, some need a few more armaments to get the weekly achiev. People have been planning certain things and needed a NORMAL weeks notice of final release/launch date. Some are still trying to get some warzone commendations in their pocket.

This is the first time since early game access that I feel this is done by amateurs in a completely customer unfriendly and unprofessional manner. Chasing internal targets while maintaining launch secrecy is never to come before a smooth and polite launch. NEVER have I seen this in competitor MMO's.

I am truly disappointed.

Sincerely

PS: You might want to look into your support service response times and SLA's as well

So I'm looking at the times on the release notice and I have a question for Bioware.

Did you guys mess up on your calenders? It's April 11 and we're way past 06:01 BST so where's the update? If you did infact mean 06:01 BST April 12 then you should make the update reflect this.

So I'm looking at the times on the release notice and I have a question for Bioware.

Did you guys mess up on your calenders? It's April 11 and we're way past 06:01 BST so where's the update? If you did infact mean 06:01 BST April 12 then you should make the update reflect this.

I thought the update indeed says 06:01 BST 12th April. Where did you read that it says 11th April?

Is there actually any SOLO mission content in this patch or is it all group stuff?

It's hard to tell in all the hype.

I'd like to think that they have provided this kind of content as well as all the group stuff.

It's bad enough they lock out certain items unless you have a certain social score.

At least finally give us the HK-47 mission!

Corellia dailies are your best bet.

If you are talking about story, there will indeed be more story, and they are coming this year. When, I don't know, but that's what Daniel said.

The legacy system also rewards solo players who play alts more. The more alts you play, the more powerful you become with your companion through presence stat increases.

Complete act 2 class stories, and your buff will be the equivalent of your main class plus the buff of the class whose act 2 story you completed.

Leveling a human to 50 will give presence increase.

Completing act 3 story of a class will unlock that class' heroic moment ability.

Unlocking all conversations of a companion type will yield a small stat increase like accuracy, plus presence. Repeatable for different companion types.

Your can get so powerful that, maybe it can replace an average player for a hardmode flashpoint.

Edited by ConradLionhart

I thought the update indeed says 06:01 BST 12th April. Where did you read that it says 11th April?

We will be bringing down servers for eight hours on April 12th, 2012 from 12:01AM CDT (April 11th, 10:01PM PDT/1:01AM EDT/6:01AM BST/7:01AM CEST/3:01PM AEST)

Look in the brackets, it says April 11th 6:01AM BST and, unless I'm reading it wrong that's today.

Look in the brackets, it says April 11th 6:01AM BST and, unless I'm reading it wrong that's today.

yea, i agree with u XD

woke up today to see if the servers are offline or something, but nop, they are up and running... although i cant join a a server beacuse apperantly my internet is not on (***?)

all i get when trying to join is huge lag spike and thats it