Game Update 1.2 will be going live on Thursday, April 12th!

jimmyjediknight

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the legacy (repost from the locked topic)

We're getting high textures still the in game shadows still look like from 10 years old games and you can't set the drawing distance meaning you'll keep seeing the grass growing around you.

The UI is indeed the best feature from this patch but the UI is still killing the framerate. Open any UI frame multiple times if you don't trust me. BTW that's why we don't get chat bubbles either.

There's going to be huge class changes (Nerfs) and yet no free AC to AC respec. Brace yourself for the forum rage... soon™.

LFG, Dual specs, Advanced Class respecs and server merge: have fun finding players to run your errands.

Hopefully they will be able to fix the damn engine.

About AC respecs they should never implement this, it would remove the point of AC.

LFG needs to implemented, cross server if they wont make any server merges (with server merges they can make it within servers)

Duel specs will probably be in 1.3 (not really any hurry)

Do this and ill stay for a long time. (The nerfs were necessary, probably more to come)

Edited by ZaRree

Put 1.2 off a week. Give the community a week to prep. Do it right.

Wasn't 1.2 announced over 2 months ago?

I mean seriously, the patch is no where near ready to go live. You give your player base a 2 day notice that major changes are about to be implemented. ***?

Again, plenty of time to get ready, the patch notes have been on the PTS for over a month, and each patch the notes are updated.

Put it off a week so that people have time to prepare for it. These aren't small cosmetic changes you are introducing. These are major game changes.

How many times are you going to say the same thing?

This is not something new, way to much information has been put out about it for weeks/months.

Hundreds of posts saying "We want it NOW". Well here it is.

bah... timing.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it would have been great if 1.2 only launched in another weeks time :-P

Will be hitting rank 60 tonight, but sadly there won't be enough time to complete the 150 arms/kills/wz weekly, hence losing out on a BM bag or 3.

One or 2 more BM pieces would not have hurt before 1.2 hits.

Or maybe I'm just greedy, lol.

only the UI and the new WZ+FP makes this patch good

all others are worthless

not to mention that even a global LFG tool worth more even from the UI

x-server lfm tool is the only worth thing,

but BW don't made it, so ... the patch is worthless.

See below ;)

Originally Posted by Deewe

About the legacy (repost from the locked topic)

The color match is interesting still not as good as gear dyes.

Agreed. However, it does separate the game a bit in my opinion and makes it more distinct in how it handles gear. Now I am going crazy to find and buy moddable chest pieces so I can RE and get schematics for them. It definitely adds a bit for me personally.

Color match will make players look more like twins than gear dyes. However it's a nice feature but at topping of gear dyes.

The legacy family tree is fine but mostly a fluffy thing that still does not allows players to have different last names for their characters. And so far you can have 2 male characters linked as spouse. (I like that one though, kind of funny)

I don't see why this is a problem since you don't have to show the last name for your legacy on unrelated rp chars. Also, not to start a gblt debate here, but I don't see how 2 males being spouses is funny.

Problem as you can't have different last names and even if you don't display the legacy name, technically it's still written on your character sheet.

The legacy unlocks are either badly implemented (unlock the same specie you already caped out) or silly: Vader or Palpatine using flame throwers or Han Solo using force choke: no thank you.

I don't see the problem with the implementation for the species (now I can have the pureblood family I created for role play) and the other one is not silly. I don't think you understand rp'ing very well. In role play you should not be limited. I have found a lot of reasonable role play possibilities for those powers and its not like you are going to see them often anyway, I never even use my Heroic ability in the first place. For every "silly" thing you find with these legacy unlocks, there are also a lot of brilliant things rp'ers come up with.

When a player caps a character with a specific specie, most of the time he's going to roll an alt with a different specie, not the same one == fail.

Brillant not sure and certainly not iconic at all

The new gear sets are the worse part of the patch and the legacy gear... well you can already have this with orange gear in game. The main issue with the sets is while you can remove the mods the sets bonuses stays on the sets. Enjoy.

No comment.

We're getting high textures still the in game shadows still look like from 10 years old games and you can't set the drawing distance meaning you'll keep seeing the grass growing around you.

I turn off shadows personally but I see this as a problem I agree with that.
I did

The PvP won't even be improved: no possibility to choose to what warzone to queue and World PvP has now been put to rest for a few... months?

I think it all is being put off for a few months. The way pre-season sounds, its a live server beta for them to try to hone and perfect the pvp for when they implement all the pvp stuff in season one. That is my impression anyway.

World PvP = pvp on any planets everywhere. Pre-season == warzones. Hopefull I'm dead wrong

The UI is indeed the best feature from this patch but the UI is still killing the framerate. Open any UI frame multiple times if you don't trust me. BTW that's why we don't get chat bubbles either.

I really never found this a concern however I do love looking at the game so I am going to be shrinking the UI since it is now available. Hopefully they will give us an eta on chat bubbles and stuff.

There's going to be huge class changes (Nerfs) and yet no free AC to AC respec. Brace yourself for the forum rage... soon™.

Agreed but there will be rage period for anything and everything at all times for the rest of eternity. I see this being a problem for classes that have a tanking/DPS/Healing tree in both ACs (mostly DPS) but otherwise, I don't see how this will be a problem since a lot of players don't like being anything but their role (DPS play DPS and tanks play tanks) since otherwise players role alts for those purposes.
The respec would have helped mitigating the issue

The suit makers are still butchering the lore and have a hard time understanding what's important in a MMO and even more what's Star Warsy/not.

I don't know where to begin with this. I have seen no butchering really, but perhaps I have not played enough of the classes to understand. Also, Star Wars lost knowing what was Star Warsy the moment the EU was spawned so this is a problem plaguing the franchise itself, not how BW makes the MMO imo.

A bit of both. Devs been lecturing how iconic or not are this or that and we end with Vader like using flame throwers, same faction PvP, silly looking Jedi in Hutt ball with glow bats.

LFG, Dual specs, Advanced Class respecs and server merge: have fun finding players to run your errands.

Transfers are all I want, let the community migrate its own way. If some servers become dead empty by themselves, then it will become obvious for the Devs to merge them on their own.
Transfers would really help for sure, they should even start with that before anything else.

All in all the patch is more like a plaster than else: not it's not the messiah patch, far from it.

Agreed, however it does fix a lot of issues and bugs that have bothered me personally so I am not apathetic to it. It just adds fun features for me until 1.3 comes out (which hopefully will be, as devs said, sooner than 1.2 was)..
1.3 might be too late and maybe too few regarding the incoming MMOs.

P.S.: good post.

See below ;)

P.S.: good post.

Thank you. I won't reply because I think we have said what we needed to say. However James Ohlen did let out in an interview that the LFG tool and server transfers we want will be coming in 1.3 and if it comes sooner than 1.2, hopefully it will take no more than a month and a half to come out.

Like you said though, maybe too late by then. However I feel if players do like this game and these missing features are what are holding it back, then they will return. We will see, perhaps I am just an optimist.

It says the 12th but in brackets it says the 11th for Aest at 3:01pm is that right? I'm just a bit confused cause it still would be the 12th for us if it is going down at 12:01am CDT it would be 3:01pm Aest on the 12th.

Lol totally confused..suppose to raid is all 2nite and just making sure, i'm alrdy looking like a fool for not reading it right lol

I'm not looking forward to the nerfs they're giving my sorc healer. gosh darn it, why? Healing was fun, and now it's useless!

It's not useless and no matter how times people claim this it won't make it true. Anyone who could heal before the patch will be able to heal after the patch.

yep, just saw that. I was surprised to not see 100 of these threads up.

It's not that exciting tbh, I'm going to try it out but I pre-ordered GW2 and feel more excited about that tbh. If this game is better than GW2 than I will re-sub here but for right now it remains to be seen.

So when are they going to put in features that make the game more fun? Make PVP meaningful to the war effort? Make robust and challenging PVE encounters that are exciting and vast in scope? Space exploration? Anything at all with implications to the game world on your server?

1.2 is boring as hell. Who cares about Legacy when it's so pointless?

Everything in this game is so darned pointless because the world is completely static, and nothing players do affects it. It's like 2004 all over again.

Edited by Gungan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.