Rebuke

Danjamstan

Been reading the threads and it seems a lot of people don't know how rebuke works. It has to take damage to stay up for 30 seconds, after 6 seconds of not taking damage it goes away.

So, I'm either getting 20% DR for 30 seconds if people are beating on me, or 100% DR for 6 seconds, because people won't attack me while it's up.

So, I'm either getting 20% DR for 30 seconds if people are beating on me, or 100% DR for 6 seconds, because people won't attack me while it's up.

Well if you have the huttball then I don't think people would stop and wait for your Rebuke to go away.

First off, the visual clues are so subtle most people don't even notice when Rebuke is up.

Second, in a 1v1 very few players can afford to wait for Rebuke to drop off when fighting a Sentinel.

Third, in an actual fight involving multiple players on both sides there's so much random damage and AoE flying around, Rebuke is bound to stay up most of the time.

Rebuke: Reduces all damage taken by 20% and deals X energy damage to attackers. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. Lasts 1 seconds. Rebuke refreshes to its full duration when attacked, but this effect cannot last more than 1 seconds in total.

---

I think most people do not realize that the 20% DR can only occur once every 1.5 seconds. In 1v1 this tends to work out great, but in a group setting, not so much.

Rebuke: Reduces all damage taken by 20% and deals X energy damage to attackers. This effect cannot occur more than once every 1.5 seconds. Lasts 1 seconds. Rebuke refreshes to its full duration when attacked, but this effect cannot last more than 1 seconds in total.

---

I think most people do not realize that the 20% DR can only occur once every 1.5 seconds. In 1v1 this tends to work out great, but in a group setting, not so much.

I was under the impression that it's only the energy damage that can happen every 1.5s. I'm pretty sure someone on here tested it and the 20% DR stays up the whole time.

I was under the impression that it's only the energy damage that can happen every 1.5s. I'm pretty sure someone on here tested it and the 20% DR stays up the whole time.

Without a combat log - Pre 1.2 - I don't see how anyone could reliably test it out. As the description reads, Rebuke's effect can only occur once every 1.5 seconds. But, your comment makes me curious and I'm gonna run some tests now. :)

Without a combat log - Pre 1.2 - I don't see how anyone could reliably test it out. As the description reads, Rebuke's effect can only occur once every 1.5 seconds. But, your comment makes me curious and I'm gonna run some tests now. :)

Dunno, I just remember reading it here before. Is there a combat log on the PTS with 1.2 changes? If so, it's possible someone tested it there.

Dunno, I just remember reading it here before. Is there a combat log on the PTS with 1.2 changes? If so, it's possible someone tested it there.

As far as I know, yes the combat log was included in the PTS server.

Rebuke is a skill that you pop in the middle of a battle. Don't ever open a fight with it... Any opponent that understand's the functionality of rebuke, will just avoid attacking you for 6 seconds and then kill you.

Then it's a very good thing that the vast majority of players don't understand it's functionality. Also, I try and use rebuke the second I see that I'm taking damage. It's certainly pointless to use if you are force leaping into an ongoing fight, as there is a fairly good chance you won't get attacked for 6 seconds. In 1v1, I'd use it almost immediately. If you get stunned, they are just wasting a stun by not attacking you to bring rebuke down... especially considering all the other defensive and utility abilities a sent has.

Rebuke is a skill that you pop in the middle of a battle. Don't ever open a fight with it... Any opponent that understand's the functionality of rebuke, will just avoid attacking you for 6 seconds and then kill you.

Most ppl don't notice Rebuke up - and all AoEing, it's easy to keep up (I mean like at Voidstar door). It's more on the Sent to time it right. Honestly most Sents don't use their own ability properly. They put up prematurely instant they see their health bar take a lick or before leaping into battle.

Nobody in PvP cares enough about 20% mitigation to lay off you. Some bad players don't lay off you even when you pop GBTF. I don't see the point of this thread.

And yes, the 1.5 second rule applies only to the damage part of Rebuke. As long as it's up, you're taking 20% less damage.

Most ppl don't notice Rebuke up - and all AoEing, it's easy to keep up (I mean like at Voidstar door). It's more on the Sent to time it right. Honestly most Sents don't use their own ability properly. They put up prematurely instant they see their health bar take a lick or before leaping into battle.

If you aren't using it the second your health bar starts to go down, you're doing it wrong. Unless it's just some leftover DoT or something, you should ALWAYS use rebuke as soon as you start to take damage. Why wouldn't you?

• 2 months later...
I love rebuke because it puts an extra dot on the target and that makes a big difference in a close fight. I got a kill a couple of days ago with the damage reciporicated by rebuke as the final blow. This makes me wonder if the amount of damage rebuke does is related to certain stats. It would seem to be a force power since it does yellow damage but im not really sure how it works. Is it a set value or does it depend on your stats?

I love rebuke because it puts an extra dot on the target and that makes a big difference in a close fight. I got a kill a couple of days ago with the damage reciporicated by rebuke as the final blow. This makes me wonder if the amount of damage rebuke does is related to certain stats. It would seem to be a force power since it does yellow damage but im not really sure how it works. Is it a set value or does it depend on your stats?

Depends on your stats. Seeing as it's yellow dmg it would be your force power, crit etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.