A MUST READ: Chill Out!

Xeshion

Hi gang.

Everyone needs to relax and stop freaking out over everything. The team is working their hardest to do everythign they can to fix present issues: THIS IS A FACT.

Spamming the forums with Taris, queueing, and other multiple threads is useless.

Enjoy SWTOR!

Hi gang.

Everyone needs to relax and stop freaking out over everything. The team is working their hardest to do everythign they can to fix present issues: THIS IS A FACT.

Spamming the forums with Taris, queueing, and other multiple threads is useless.

Enjoy SWTOR!

So, can you please prove to me they are working their hardest to do everything they can to fix the problem.

Oh wait, they havent even said a single thing about it yet other than if you have a queue you should start a character on another server, so I guess you cant prove it.

Congrats, companies love paying customers like you. I mean your money, they love your money, you...however are another story if they are not willing to at least say "hey guys we know about the queues and are working on upgrading our hardware to remove the issue"...

No, I expect a company to SPEAK to us and until they do, they are going to HEAR about my issues. DEAL WITH IT...

BTW, really loved you telling people complaining they cant get INTO THE GAME to ENJOY the game. lol...

Hi gang.

Enjoy SWTOR!

It is also a fact that if no one voices their concerns Bioware will never know what needs to be fixed. Truth is this game launched too soon. First time I have ever said that about a Bioware title but its not ready.

Actually, they didn't. They had an estimate. Did you know how many people would log in at the same time? 8am this morning? Noon? Right now? Just sayin...

Nah they did know. They knew ___ this amount of people have the game so they will all want to play at peak time.

I believe they are doing what they can to fix the problem they created. They knew exactly how many emails to plan for. This is ridiculous. It's not like there was some unforeseen population explosion. Get real.

unless your in IT you don't understand "EVERYTHING is different in production"

Once it is in the users hands things that you NEVER would have thought of happen. Just a fact of IT. They may have known how many people but it is not rediculous to think something could happen that they didn't think of.

Actually, they didn't. They had an estimate. Did you know how many people would log in at the same time? 8am this morning? Noon? Right now? Just sayin...

you just countered yourself with this argument, They had an estimate on how many emails they sent out, what do you do if you send out so many invites (considering they didnt ask rsvp haha). You plan on covering for THAT many people at ALL times, its good practice to make sure you have it covered, you dont say ok 1000 people can come, but we're only covering 500 of you ..the rest will just have to wait for people to leave or come back another time. I dont understand the thinking on this

you send out 10,000, you make allowances for 10,000. and you increase each time.

I do understand, that maybe latecomers are logging onto the older servers and making new characters(and in doing so preventing people who have been playing longer on that server from logging on to play their characters), but then you allow for that somewhat also

Once it is in the users hands things that you NEVER would have thought of happen. Just a fact of IT. They may have known how many people but it is not rediculous to think something could happen that they didn't think of.

I agree...this is the whole reason i have a job :)

I am in IT, the issue they are having IS something that could have been avoided. That is what stress testing your server capacity is for. Bioware did NOT allow enough time to really stress test the game to know how much their servers could hold.

Its a trap situtation.

If you say they knew, then you are saying the did this knowing they would have massive queues...or you say they didnt know...and say they are just plain not prepared for launch.

Which is it? Either way, PAYING customers have a legit complaint to make.

As anyone in IT will tell you, the issue isnt the item is in the hands of the people and unknown issues are cropping up, this is a server side hardware related issue that has nothing to do with the product being in peoples hands, its due to the hardware not being able to handle the AMOUNT of people using them.

you just countered yourself with this argument, They had an estimate on how many emails they sent out, what do you do if you send out so many invites (considering they didnt ask rsvp haha). You plan on covering for THAT many people at ALL times, its good practice to make sure you have it covered, you dont say ok 1000 people can come, but we're only covering 500 of you ..the rest will just have to wait for people to leave or come back another time. I dont understand the thinking on this

you send out 10,000, you make allowances for 10,000. and you increase each time.

I do understand, that maybe latecomers are logging onto the older servers and making new characters(and in doing so preventing people who have been playing longer on that server from logging on to play their characters), but then you allow for that somewhat also

this can be an unreasonable demand. Lets say for an example that u release 10000 invite. You want them to have 10000 slots open for each server. if they have 20 servers for example that's 200,000 slots. that is a totally unacceptable waste of resources. the best they can do is make an estimate on the proper sizes. They can add resources to the servers as they need them and get data on how much expansion they need based on peak times and such. Quit complaining and give them time to work out the issues.

If BioWare is to be faulted for anything it's lack of communication about what their plan is to a community that was obviously going to *****, whine, and moan about every little thing they can.

When you're dealing with a lot of immature people(not everyone, maybe not even the majority, but enough people who are vocal enough to have a disproportionate voice), it's a big mistake to not lead them around like the little whiny children they're acting like. Can you satisfy all of their unrealistic and entitled expectations? Nope, but you can certainly mitigate it by being vocal about your intentions and what you're doing to make things better.

All of that said, I agree with the OP. Everyone just take a deep breath.

I am in IT, the issue they are having IS something that could have been avoided. That is what stress testing your server capacity is for. Bioware did NOT allow enough time to really stress test the game to know how much their servers could hold.

Its a trap situtation.

If you say they knew, then you are saying the did this knowing they would have massive queues...or you say they didnt know...and say they are just plain not prepared for launch.

Which is it? Either way, PAYING customers have a legit complaint to make.

As anyone in IT will tell you, the issue isnt the item is in the hands of the people and unknown issues are cropping up, this is a server side hardware related issue that has nothing to do with the product being in peoples hands, its due to the hardware not being able to handle the AMOUNT of people using them.

i don't feel that any amount of stress testing is going to prepare your servers for millions of players accessing it. it is something you can estimate for and then learn as you go.

If BioWare is to be faulted for anything it's lack of communication about what their plan is to a community that was obviously going to *****, whine, and moan about every little thing they can.

When you're dealing with a lot of immature people(not everyone, maybe not even the majority, but enough people who are vocal enough to have a disproportionate voice), it's a big mistake to not lead them around like the little whiny children they're acting like. Can you satisfy all of their unrealistic and entitled expectations? Nope, but you can certainly mitigate it by being vocal about your intentions and what you're doing to make things better.

All of that said, I agree with the OP. Everyone just take a deep breath.

This. Hopefully it will die down when the wait times decrease. Yeesh, I need to get off these forums...I thought the forum wipe would erase a lot of the negativity, but the old whiners were replaced by new ones.

You plan on covering for THAT many people at ALL times, its good practice to make sure you have it covered, you dont say ok 1000 people can come, but we're only covering 500 of you ..the rest will just have to wait for people to leave or come back another time. I dont understand the thinking on this

Like the other guy above me said, this is a pretty loaded statement. You don't see restaurants have seats for 100 people just because on their busiest day they might see 100. They have 40 seats because they know MOST of the time that's going to be fine to cover the amount of people they have and anything over that is WASTED SPACE the majority of the time. Launch is that busiest point. If you get all servers right now to have "normal" populations, in a few months they'll all be ghost towns and that's something BW has said they are purposely guarding against.

Now I'm not saying BW has necessarily made the correct calculations in how many servers they have right now or the pop caps on each server. What I am saying is it's unreasonable to expect SWTOR to have say 1 million subscribers and have a capacity to have ALL of them online at the same time.

I just wanted to add that for all the complaining no one is stopping to think about the actual situation they are griping about.

EVERY successful MMORPG had this issue at launch. The reason is very simple.

They know exactly how many people there are going to be on considering pre-orders and such as well as typical guestimates for non-pre order sales. HOWEVER, they buy servers based on NORMAL usage. Launches are anything but normal. Almost everyone that owns the game is trying to play it all at once. The servers can't handle it. Which is why they are limited.

The issue is that you can't just throw up new servers because once the flood dies down everything will feel low pop. And low pop MMO's die. So what they did was prep for what will come. Give it a little time and it will all work out. People will end their vacations, not everyone will be playing at once, and BW will add servers as needed (if they are needed), Everyone will have sexy high pop servers to enjoy.

It isn't like they can just put up servers temporarily and then forcefully move everyone to other servers once they are no longer needed. That is a PR nightmare.

In short... give them some time. They want this to be a success. They want us happy. Stop acting like spoiled brats of the instant gratification generation. Relax a little. They have our best interests at heart because our best interests effect their checkbook.

What was the point of the staggered EGA if at the end of it they would have the very situation they were trying to avoid? I'll deal with it because I love the game, but why the added frustration for later pre-orders if the end result is the same?

Back on Dec 13, this forum was being overloaded with people crying because they had not gotten an email eventhough the servers all listed light. Now, you are crying because the servers are all full and you are having to wait.......

honestly, you freaks need to make up your mind!! being pissed off about everything is really rTarded

i don't feel that any amount of stress testing is going to prepare your servers for millions of players accessing it. it is something you can estimate for and then learn as you go.

That is because you are not in IT.

If you have 20,000 people in your stress test and you know you are going to have 200,000users you can figure out what you need to do make sure you are at least CLOSE to providing good service for your upcoming customers.

Bioware announced they topped 800k pre-orders before they even started stress testing so its not like they are now slammed with more customer than what they thought they would have...like WoW did.

Biowares stress test was very very short...hell, WoW stress tested their game for 3 months. Bioware didnt even do 1 full month.