Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

only 1 problem with this game

Green_Murloc

i only have 1 problem with this game. the questing system. the quests themselves are perfectly fine. not a problem. BUT, id like to point out and ask if anyone else hates the fact that if you DONT do every SINGLE quest on all the planets you get sent to. you are STUCK. im BEYOND aggravated now. im now on Taris. i did the starter planet fine. than i went to the next planet did pretty good. now i did most of the quests i came to, leaving behind about maybe 2 or 3 in each tiny little area once the quests hit yellow or green. than finished my class quests for that planet. but once i got to the next planet all the quests were RED. :mad: major "W.T.F" moment there.

this is the 3'rd time this has happened. so if the quests on the planet behind me are all yellow or green. why in lucifer's name is all the ones on Taris red. im sick of running into this problem. im not much for pvp, but the only way to fix this and be able to quest again is to sit here for HOURS doing space combat missions and massive amounts of pvp matches.

anyone else seem to notice this? and this should count as a huge FLAW that needs to be fixed.

i only have 1 problem with this game. the questing system. the quests themselves are perfectly fine. not a problem. BUT, id like to point out and ask if anyone else hates the fact that if you DONT do every SINGLE quest on all the planets you get sent to. you are STUCK. im BEYOND aggravated now. im now on Taris. i did the starter planet fine. than i went to the next planet did pretty good. now i did most of the quests i came to, leaving behind about maybe 2 or 3 in each tiny little area once the quests hit yellow or green. than finished my class quests for that planet. but once i got to the next planet all the quests were RED. :mad: major "W.T.F" moment there.

this is the 3'rd time this has happened. so if the quests on the planet behind me are all yellow or green. why in lucifer's name is all the ones on Taris red. im sick of running into this problem. im not much for pvp, but the only way to fix this and be able to quest again is to sit here for HOURS doing space combat missions and massive amounts of pvp matches.

anyone else seem to notice this? and this should count as a huge FLAW that needs to be fixed.

You just need to do your class quests. You can skip everything else.

This is my first time though and i have skipped 3 planets so far because is was too high because of space combat instanse runs and pvp.

Edited by Lt_Latency

you have to do all solo quests and for my BH still hit a snag at 43 before i could do voss had 2-3 bars i had to do but your right, curve assumes alot of things, but if it didnt do that you could just skip most of the content also the idea that people would blaze to end game to quickly.

But i will say curve as you reach end game a bit off along with actual balancing itself of mobs being off.

I have no problem leveling despite it being hard to find people to group quest with for the heroics. Just do every other mission, Even if they're green (skip grays), and try and get a few of the heroics in when you can.

Or you can just PvP if you're not in it for the story. But frankly, that's a personal choice based on preferences, not a leveling prerequisite.

Wow thats just rubbish. If you clear all the quests, you'll be a about 3 levels above the indicated level through most of the game.

FPs, heroics, PvP and space combat all lower the amount of quests you have to do to be on the right level. So no, this is definitely not a a common problem and no, you do not have to do all the quests.

Are you even on the right planet?

Wow thats just rubbish. If you clear all the quests, you'll be a about 3 levels above the indicated level through most of the game.

FPs, heroics, PvP and space combat all lower the amount of quests you have to do to be on the right level. So no, this is definitely not a a common problem and no, you do not have to do all the quests.

Are you even on the right planet?

Was wondering same. ONLY time I have a problem is if I'm playing a stealth class and I dodge too many mobs. Otherwise, just doing the quests on a given planet have been more than sufficient.

OP...have you done bonus series for all the planets?

Was wondering same. ONLY time I have a problem is if I'm playing a stealth class and I dodge too many mobs. Otherwise, just doing the quests on a given planet have been more than sufficient.

OP...have you done bonus series for all the planets?

Yeah, I had this problem when I got towards the end of Voss because I hate both Belsavis and Voss and stealthed past too many mobs with my Assassin. But I had no leveling problems with my Gunslinger and I'm well aware of the fact that the issues I had on Voss with my Assassin were my own fault.

Edited by MCesca

Yeah, I had this problem when I got towards the end of Voss because I hate both Belsavis and Voss and stealthed past too many mobs with my Assassin. But I had no leveling problems with my Gunslinger and I'm well aware of the fact that the issues I had on Voss with my Assassin were my own fault.

Heh. I hate Balmorra like that and have to FORCE myself to do not only the quests but the bonus series. It's worth it but gawd, I really, really hate that planet.

I'd suggest either grouping up with other players for missions (which grants bonus exp) or do some of the more mmo parts of the game available, like pvp, flashpoints etc. Personally found a problem being over-leveled in this game to be honest. Was level 25 when I left Taris (rep)... Edited by Kirjava

multiple characters leveled myself, on both sides.

Have yet to have issues with quests being too high.

I do no PvP, and i think I've done perhaps 2-4 space battles total amongst all my toons.

And I usually leave quests behind. Here's what I do tho:

1) Caveat: I level mutliple toons at one time. so often on 2 or more I will have rested exp. this helps allot. But for those who are solely leveling a single toon this won't impact you as much as it did me.

2) Collect Heroics as you go along. Spam chat about once every 5 minutes while your on the planet. If you get someone for a single heroic, as them if they have others they want to do (and if they can share the ones you don't have). Laugh and joke allot...people are more inclined to do more heroics with you when they're having fun (pro tip!)

Also, when you see people advert in chat for a heroic, SNATCH IT UP. even if you've done it. My most recent toon (repub sage), I volunteered to help out on 2 different heroics that I had already done on that planet. doign both heroics twice shot me 2 levels over the quests i was currently doing . She's now high enough to leave the planet, but I still have 2 full zones there to finish, plus my class chain.

3) pay attention to "bonus" quests. i've noticed myself at times missing them...your quest log gets filled up and you don't realize it's a bonus quest for something else until you turn in the main quest, and its gone forever! finish those bonus quests! I'm usually 80% with most of them just by doing the main quests themselves...a few extra kills nets you a whole quest worth of experience...and often more, because those bonus series can end with an elite fight and massive exp. it's far easier to finish a bonus quest sometimes then run across the map for that one extra quest (yuk)

4) if you liked a planet, and the bonus series is available for your level, do em!

5) Flashpoints: same thing as #2 above. when your on the planet that the flashpoint is on, spam about every 3-5m a few times. I've had about 75% success with FP's by doing this. DONT wait until your at the end and spam for everything. do it as you play the planet.

I did all of the above, and never had any leveling issues...even at the tough spots that most people describe. a single FP will often shoot you ahead of the leveling curve on the planet that they're on enough that you can easily skip many of the quests.

Edited by Elyx

Yes, yes this is the "ONE " problem

haha, cant stop fanbois

OT: You only have to do class quests on each planet to move on. There are other ways to get EXP, including:

Warzones (Gear sets at 20/40, weapons at 24/34 and other levels, and the process of collecting 1k/1k comms)

Companion Conversations (Get your Companion affections to 10k ASAP, it is absolutely free EXP)

Space Battles (Dailies ftw, easy EXP)

Grinding Heroic areas with others (EXP/Drop rate is ridiculous!)

I just finished leveling a BH alt where I skipped virtually ALL of the planets quests. Unlike you, I despise the quests in this game. They are mindnumbingly boring and repetitive. I did only the class quests on each planet after Hutta and rushed to the end. I started Ilum at 48 and used the daily quests there to ding to 50.

my point of this post was to state how doing every single quest was the problem lol. this is the only game ive ever played where i HAVE no choice but to do every single quest or run into this issue. but apparently im the only 1 who dosent feel like doing every single quest :confused:

if you ONLY want to do class quests (which you can do) and you don't want to do space or PvP or WZ then.... why are you playing an MMO?

I mean, everyone's right, you can skip any and all quests you like and just do class quests... nothing says you have to do all quests whatsoever. But if you want to skip SOME quests and move on to another planet, but that planet is too high, well yeah, you're gonna have to do something to level up a little. That's kind of how ANY game works; that's why we HAVE levels. I really don't understand what you are ************ about - you want to just do SOME quests and then leave the planet? but then you get to the next planet and the quests are too high? Well you just said you didn't want to do all the quests so what's the problem? Skip the quests on that planet too...just do your class quests.

My problem is the opposite; I'm a completest (with at least my main) and I want to do all the quests but I keep out-leveling half of them before I've gotten to them. Then I move to the next planet and find I've out-leveled half the quests there too because that planet is only a few levels above the last, not a complete jump above.

I think leveling goes way too fast.

If you do all the solo quests you will be consistently 2-3 levels ahead of the content all the way to level 50 without doing any pvp, group content or space content. You don't even need to do the bonus quests that don't say "stage X" to do this, because I didn't and I was those 2-3 levels ahead. If you don't want to do red quests, don't skip content that is at your level. Edited by krahar

If you don't want to do red quests, don't skip content that is at your level.

As far as I can tell what the OP wants is...

To only have to do the class quests, and somehow have the system automatically level the character up to be suitable for the next planet.

Without doing anything extra, like side quests, PvP, Space missions, FP's, or anything else.

Because we all know every other MMO out there has a autolevel system in place so people only have to do about 10% of the content to reach max level.... ;)

As far as I can tell what the OP wants is...

To only have to do the class quests, and somehow have the system automatically level the character up to be suitable for the next planet.

Without doing anything extra, like side quests, PvP, Space missions, FP's, or anything else.

Because we all know every other MMO out there has a autolevel system in place so people only have to do about 10% of the content to reach max level.... ;)

Don't forget free max level characters.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.