reverse engineering question

farfid

I understand that I can get a blue schematic from reverse engineering green items and a purple from reverse engineering blue items. I also find that I am able to reverse engineer purple and orange Items but I don't know if I get anything but some mats in return. are there any schematics higher than purple and orange? If not, Why would anyone reverse engineer a purple or orange item?

If your base pattern is green, you can RE the green into blues, and each of those blues can be RE'd into a subset of purples. The purples cannot be RE'd for new patterns. Here's an example item, you'll see a table on this page where each blue has some purples listed below it - those are the purples that each blue can become.

If your base pattern is blue, it can be RE'd into a set of purples, and those specific purples can be RE'd into another tier of purples. Notice the top row of purples in the table are called 'redoubt,' 'critical,' and 'overkill.' Notice on the green-base pattern link, that the blues were also called 'redoubt,' 'critical,' and 'overkill.' Those are the prefixes for the first level of RE'ing. The ones below it are the prefixes for the 2nd tier of RE'ing.

If your base pattern is green, you can RE the green into blues, and each of those blues can be RE'd into a subset of purples. The purples cannot be RE'd for new patterns. Here's an example item, you'll see a table on this page where each blue has some purples listed below it - those are the purples that each blue can become.

If your base pattern is blue, it can be RE'd into a set of purples, and those specific purples can be RE'd into another tier of purples. Notice the top row of purples in the table are called 'redoubt,' 'critical,' and 'overkill.' Notice on the green-base pattern link, that the blues were also called 'redoubt,' 'critical,' and 'overkill.' Those are the prefixes for the first level of RE'ing. The ones below it are the prefixes for the 2nd tier of RE'ing.

Am I right that the purple versions of the green items are generally as good as the purple versions of the blue items of the same level? (The Military War Boots REed into purple will give you the same armor level as the Dreadnaught ones turned into purple twice? -- and you can get there without having to RE purples (which can get expensive).

Edited by sjmc