The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shtarker's PvP Adjusted Carolina Parakeet 21/2/18

xARCHERx

Warning! Pirate Talk Ahead!

Upon close study o' t' forum popular Carolina Parakeet; I've made adjustments that I feel be a must; aye they may be personal preference, but t' skills picked better mitigate damage t' make you a larger threat on t' field.

Original Carolina Parakeet 21-2-18

There be two less than useful skills on t' tree that can be exchanged without loosin' any advantage on t' field.

• No Escape: Grapple & Stealth Scan immobilize your target for 3 seconds
  • Neural Overload: Damage from Ion Gas Cylinder lowers movement speed by 50% for 2 seconds

In me opinion, a swent t' Davy Jones' locker involuntarily player, with t' grapple ability, snare, and charge can run circles around t' target without these small advantages; t' trade out for better mitigation be well worth it.

Shtarker's Revision or 'Everythin', but kick t' ball' Tree

Changes?

• Ion Screen; 2% persisting damage reduction from melee and ranged attacks.
  • Oil Slick; 20% aim reduction in an AoE area for 18 seconds.

Reasons?

Neural Overload slows t' target down for 2 seconds by 50%; with a grapple, charge, a swent t' Davy Jones' locker involuntarily, a skilled player can favor better mitigation o' damage over a slow.

No Escape; though an appealin' skill, a player can favor better mitigation o' damage.

Ion Screen; stacked on t' 4% combust, added t' t' 2% o' Ion Screen, in addition t' shield, and a 20% aim reduction can better mitigate tight situations and provide you with a moment more o' needed up time.

Oil Slick; not only does it drop t' aim o' one target, it drops t' aim o' every target in its AoE radius; mitigatin' damage, not only done t' you, but t' any party members around you.

All in all, it may be personal preference, but t' additional mitigation in favor for slows/snares, can change t' tides o' any fight; either by an extra few feet o' runnin' in hutball, extra few seconds o' uptime t' hold a door/node, or even 1 on 1/2 on 1 fights.

"'Everythin', but kick t' ball' lets you do just that".

Better mitigation while still keepin' that higher DPS.

Edited by xARCHERx

You realize CP just meant to have a tank spec + PPA. There are certainly quite a few variations in how to spend the points, none of which warrants giving it a "new" name lol. Hec Carolina Parakeet is not the original spec, but simply a good job at advertising and parading a new name.

Not to mention that any and all these hybrid st/pyro spec are dead in about a week or so.

You realize CP just meant to have a tank spec + PPA. There are certainly quite a few variations in how to spend the points, none of which warrants giving it a "new" name lol. Hec Carolina Parakeet is not the original spec, but simply a good job at advertising and parading a new name.

Not to mention that any and all these hybrid st/pyro spec are dead in about a week or so.

T' new name was part o' t' pirate gimmick; just thought I'd make it fun t' read. Just thought I'd throw it up as a variation t' anyone wantin' t' try it, not just cynical forum killers.

I love t' pirate translator

T' new name was part o' t' pirate gimmick; just thought I'd make it fun t' read. Just thought I'd throw it up as a variation t' anyone wantin' t' try it, not just cynical forum killers.

I love t' pirate translator

His point is though that (according to things I'm hearing from PAXeast) 1.2 is this week ish...

This means that prototype particle accelerator won't proc unless you are using CGC.

This completely neuters the carolina parakeet and any slight variations of it as you either have the points in the pyro tree wasted, or you run CGC and waste 75% of the points in the shield tech tree

My 21/2/18 build is dead once 1.2 hits Live. Even Pyrotech is annoying on the PTS atm, never used Rapid Shot so much in my life to keep heat managed. Mar/Sent has been a lot of fun at 50 though. Outrunning everyone whilst having Windfury based attacks, Master Strike taking someones health from 100% to 20% in 3 seconds while they can't move and have no armor, it's lovely!