I Beat The Avatar of Sel-Makor

TheLonelyTusken

/offtopic

Jeez Wisp, not everybody is uber-god-mode-mmo-player-of-1337ness you know!

Give people a break from your ego sometime yea?

/ontopic

OP, yes, the avatar does have a few abilities that hit hard. It's a tough fight if you don't see these and interrupt them. Best start for this guy if you are having problems is to use the pillars to break line of sight and keep moving.

Keep your companion out of the lightning and he will go down easy enough.

I've found throughout the game that the environment gives you a clue as to how to approach certain bosses. It's always worth looking around for these things before wading in head-first. Especially if the encounter is instanced.

Edited by Rekkx

/offtopic

Jeez Wisp, not everybody is uber-god-mode-mmo-player-of-1337ness you know!

Give people a break from your ego sometime yea?

Actually that's the thing I'm not. I'm actually perhaps the worst player of games ever. I play everything on easy mode where possible, and I managed to get through this battle without looking at the forums once. Usually I'm all over the internets trying to figure out a loop hole, but nope. I died the first time, popped a presence stim, kicked *** the second time.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a lucky bastard, but this wasn't hard for me at all. I'm a marauder with Quinn kitted with all the latest stuff they give me in the Voss quests for him, and that's about it.