Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy Ability prices (/w & w/o) legacy lv?

ViciousFett

Hi, I'm looking for a list of what is unlockable and which abilities cost credits (even with the appropriate legacy level). I heard that rocket boots are 4.5 mil regardless of what your legacy level is. is that true!?

I'm currently lv 35 and would simply like to know how much money I need to save up for 1.2.

holy crap the prices in that video are ridiculous...

and what the hell is up with the legacy level requirements? i mean, it's like the legacy levels don't even matter. why bother calling it the "Legacy" system if the credits are more of an issue than the legacy levels? i'm sitting at legacy 36 right now but i only have about 1.5 mil between my three 50's. REALLY hope the devs can find a better balance between legacy level requirements and credit cost on these perks than what they have now...

holy crap the prices in that video are ridiculous...

and what the hell is up with the legacy level requirements? i mean, it's like the legacy levels don't even matter. why bother calling it the "Legacy" system if the credits are more of an issue than the legacy levels? i'm sitting at legacy 36 right now but i only have about 1.5 mil between my three 50's. REALLY hope the devs can find a better balance between legacy level requirements and credit cost on these perks than what they have now...

the thing is they dont want people getting everything right away, things should take a long time if they are to benefit you FOREVER across all your characters on that server

The problem is always the same isn't it?

"That's ridiculous, that takes too much [money, time, experience, effort]."

and then...

"There's nothing to do in this game! I ran through the content in a week!"

You see the dilemma developers face?

I for one like a tough road to getting stuff. Makes it seem much cooler when you finally get it.

BTW, anybody who's broke? Try high level crafting and selling on the GTN. The same developer who said 84% have less than 1 mil also said that their numbers show that th ebiggest earners are making a killing from selling high level crafting items.

Nothing comes easy, but there are plenty of ways to make cash if you dont' want to play Huttball all day long.

the thing is they dont want people getting everything right away, things should take a long time if they are to benefit you FOREVER across all your characters on that server

isn't that the point of spending time on earning legacy levels though? it's the LEGACY system. not the "Legacy and credits" system... why not just increase the required legacy levels for the perks and remove the credit cost? that at least would make sense, and would mean that i can spend my time leveling alts for the perks instead of grinding the same quests every day on my 50s for cash. even though at this point i'm repeating a lot of quests to level alts up, it's still much more fun than repeating dailies over and over again...

The problem is always the same isn't it?

"That's ridiculous, that takes too much [money, time, experience, effort]."

and then...

"There's nothing to do in this game! I ran through the content in a week!"

You see the dilemma developers face?

I for one like a tough road to getting stuff. Makes it seem much cooler when you finally get it.

BTW, anybody who's broke? Try high level crafting and selling on the GTN. The same developer who said 84% have less than 1 mil also said that their numbers show that th ebiggest earners are making a killing from selling high level crafting items.

Nothing comes easy, but there are plenty of ways to make cash if you dont' want to play Huttball all day long.

same point as above... why use a credit requirement when it's much more relevant to just increase the legacy requirement? why do credits need to factor in at all? increasing the legacy level requirement would still take people time to access these perks, but it would allow them to achieve it in many different ways. since currently you earn legacy experience for everything, it means you could earn the perks by doing anything be it raiding, pvping, leveling alts, etc. the way it is now grinding dailies and crafting are the only two ways to make the cash required to buy the perks, and if their goal is to keep people subscribed, having them repeat the same exact mindless tasks every day is not the way to do it

rocketboots are 3.5 mill total 2mill for lvl 1 1.5 mill for lvl 2

wrong... there are three levels of rocket boots. 2m +1m+ 1.5m = 4.5m

Although it's still not clear to me if the credit cost is to simply buy it before you reach the proper legacy level or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.