Guide: Crew Skills

Goshee

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In synthweaving u start with a green recipe, (i.e. Heavy Thermal Boots)

from one green recipe I managed to get 3 blue recipe (i.e. Critical Heavy Thermal Boots, Overkill Heavy Thermal Boots, & Redoubt Heavy Thermal Boots.)

what I have read on some of the wiki's across the net is each Blue recipe possibly spawns 5 purple recipes.

my question is is this true??

Heavy Thermal Boots - Critical Heavy Thermal Boots - 5 purple

Overkill Heavy Thermal Boots - 5 purple

Redoubt Heavy Thermal Boots - 5 purple

You've got some wrong info for Guss Tuno. I just recruited him last night.

Guss Tuno: +10 Underworld Trading Eff.; +2 Investigation Critical

Also, Kira Carsen only gets a +1 to Treasure Hunting Crit.

Edited by Malthol

You've got some wrong info for Guss Tuno. I just recruited him last night.

Guss Tuno: +10 Underworld Trading Eff.; +2 Investigation Critical

Also, Kira Carsen only gets a +1 to Treasure Hunting Crit.

TYVM mate, will update to show the correct values ^^

will dropping a crew skill i.e. Artifice, get rid of crafted materials made by that crew skill, namely the rakata trinkets made by Artifice??

It won't get rid of anything you have made, it will only get rid of the actual means to make it. Also however, if an item you have made requires you to have a certain rank e.g. a grenade made in cybertech might require you to have 400 cybertech to use it.. once you unlearn cybertech you won't be able to use the grenade.

What would you guys say is the best setup for an ALT imperial agent - that just wants to make cash?

My main is an end game biochemist/diplomacy/bioanalysis...

I'm not really interesting in having a proff to gear my sniper, but just to make cash really as priority.

Slicing or scavenging I assume?

What would you guys say is the best setup for an ALT imperial agent - that just wants to make cash?

My main is an end game biochemist/diplomacy/bioanalysis...

I'm not really interesting in having a proff to gear my sniper, but just to make cash really as priority.

Slicing or scavenging I assume?

On my server i'd say slicing for selling the crafting missions, underworld trading to sell the rare metals and cloth and bioanalysis :)

OK I am an Armormech and struggling to get my arms around this whole system now that I am 400.

Referring to your chart in your original post, and using the Powered Ultramesh Bracers as an example of what I start with. Link to those: http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/2637/powered_ultramesh_bracers/

Let me see if I have this straight. If I RE these, I could get one or all of these three items that will be blue quality:

Critical Powered Ultramesh Bracers (it will add +crit)

Overkill Powered Ultramesh Bracers (it will add +power)

Redoubt Powered Ultramesh Bracers (it will add +defense)

So, if I now make a bunch of Overkill Powered Ultramesh Bracers and RE those, I could get one or all of these items that will be purple quality:

Hawkeye Powered Ultramesh Bracers

Vehemence Powered Ultramesh Bracers

Commander Powered Ultramesh Bracers

Rampart Powered Ultramesh Bracers

Expert Powered Ultramesh Bracers

So, from that one "base" item, again referring to the original chart, there are fourteen different possible purple items.

Is anyone aware of a chart somewhere that actually SHOWS the stats on those purple items?

OK I am an Armormech and struggling to get my arms around this whole system now that I am 400.

Referring to your chart in your original post, and using the Powered Ultramesh Bracers as an example of what I start with. Link to those: http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/2637/powered_ultramesh_bracers/

Let me see if I have this straight. If I RE these, I could get one or all of these three items that will be blue quality:

So, if I now make a bunch of Overkill Powered Ultramesh Bracers and RE those, I could get one or all of these items that will be purple quality:

So, from that one "base" item, again referring to the original chart, there are fourteen different possible purple items.

Is anyone aware of a chart somewhere that actually SHOWS the stats on those purple items?

you are correct on the progression, the 5 stats are Accuarcy, Alacrity, Presence, Shield, Surge. I dont know if people have taken SS and posted them somewhere yet.

You can't get all three schematics from one RE. You would have to RE multiple (3 if you are very very very lucky) to get all of them. But yes, they will fall in to one of those three T1 paths.

That is correct, it would end up with one of those. Which one is uncertain as it could be any.

From that first base item there are a total of 3 [T1] paths, depending which one you get will then determins the outcome of the [T2]

So that's a total of 14 [T2], but your [T1] will narrow it to 5 (or 4 if it is redoubt)

Any chance you know the level requirements for the amount of companions you can send on missions at one time? i know 4 companions is 40 and 5 companions is 48 but what are the cutoffs for 2 and 3?

Well at level 10 you get to send one max, then by level 15 you can send two as far as I know. My Jedi Knight got her second companion at level 15.

I am currently level 24 and can only send two so far, I will keep an eye out for when I can send 3.

hit level 25 and can now assign 3 companions :)

so for me:

Lvl 10 - 1

Lvl 15 - 2

Lvl 25 - 3

Lvl 40 - 4

Lvl 48 - 5

will update the guide and give you a mention in the special thanks ^^

Edited by Goshee

Would Cybertech, Scavenging, and Slicing work well together? I know Underworld Trading is needed for rare materials, but I'm wondering if I could get by without needing Underworld Trading.

I have those three skills on my mian, slicing provides a generous income and is worth taking imo. If you are having troubles finding UT materials on the GTN you can always make an alt and use slicing to fund the rank up to 400.

Learn new schematics from your trainer, ones rank 50-60 then make these to increase your rank further. When those go grey, learn some new higher level recipes and continue to make them to increase your level.

Ahh.....OK.

Ahh.....OK.

^^ The same goes for running mission and gathering tasks, if you want to increase your level, select a harder difficulty range.

These can be found in the top right of the gathering/mission window.

Grey wont increase your rank ever

Light Green won't increase your rank more than it will

Yellow usually increases your rank

Orange will always increase you rank by 1 sometimes even 2.

One thing I don't see in this guide that would I think should be here is what skill level you need to given tiers of missions or gathering...

I was working up my armstech recently and was starting to wonder when I'd get access to T2 investigation missions (since I needed the mission compound for a barrel).

Finally figured out that 65 skill is the magic level (still seems higher than what you need for gathering, which is 55 isn't it?)