Guide: Crew Skills

Goshee

Amazing guide.

I am thinking of giving my first character three gathering skills for profit and to help out my many alts who will craft. Which gathering skills are the best in your opinion?

Well the 'best' is debatable.

If you look at it in a demand and supply point of view you, 3 crafting skills benefit from scavenging, 2 from archaeology, 1 for biochem.

Now there will most likely be more jedi knights and consulars due to popularity reasons, so that means there might be more synthweaving and artifice on your server.

I would recommend either going for, archaeology, underworld trading and maybe if you like scavenging too!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for this brilliant guide.

Its a great bit of kit that I will be returning to with each new companion!

As a Trooper, I have recently left Ord Mantell and before setting off for Coruscant, I stopped by the Crew Skills Trainers and assigned my first companion Armstech, Scavenging and Investigation.

I then completed what crafting training was available for Armstech, which basically upgaded my Blaster, resulting in an increase for my Primary Stat, Aim and I also picked up a little extra Endurance and another couple of lesser stats as well, all with the theory that every little bit helps!

Endek

This is great... To confirm you can have 3 Gathering Skills, 1 Crafting Skill, 3 Mission Skills?

You can have any of those combinations yes.

But it doesn't mean you can have 7 skills. Every character is limited to 3 crew skills, of any combination you have mentioned.

Thanks for this brilliant guide.

Its a great bit of kit that I will be returning to with each new companion!

As a Trooper, I have recently left Ord Mantell and before setting off for Coruscant, I stopped by the Crew Skills Trainers and assigned my first companion Armstech, Scavenging and Investigation.

I then completed what crafting training was available for Armstech, which basically upgaded my Blaster, resulting in an increase for my Primary Stat, Aim and I also picked up a little extra Endurance and another couple of lesser stats as well, all with the theory that every little bit helps!

Endek

The skills belong to you not your companion! ^^

Your companion is merely a tool to help you progress YOUR skills :D

Meaning you have hit your crew skill cap (3) on that character. You can of course unlearn one (or all of them) at any point if you want to change them around. But you lose all progress if you do.

Edited by Goshee

The skills belong to you not your companion! ^^

Yep, got it. Thanks.

I'm really looking forward to getting another companion so that I can assign Biotech to their Crew Skills as it certainly sounds like a lot of fun. Besides, I can't really bring my self to unlearning the Skills I've already assigned to my first companion...

Endek

Yep, got it. Thanks.

I'm really looking forward to getting another companion so that I can assign Biotech to their Crew Skills as it certainly sounds like a lot of fun. Besides, I can't really bring my self to unlearning the Skills I've already assigned to my first companion...

Endek

No lol ^^

If you have one crafting skill you can't have any more. You won't be able to pick up Biochem now because you already have Armstech.

You can only have 3 crafting skills per player character so oyu are already at your limit.

No lol ^^

If you have one crafting skill you can't have any more. You won't be able to pick up Biochem now because you already have Armstech.

Thats a shame! Me being lazy and all...

Here I was thinking I was about to conquer the Galaxy by avoiding the hard work or unlearning and re-learning Biochem... But I'm gonna stay with Armstech for now!

Thanks for picking this up... Crystal clear now...

Oh, saw your Crafting Spreadsheet and it looks brilliant. Will certainly save me some time trying to figure it all out!

Endek

Weird newb question.

My gunslinger has Slicing, Armstech and Scavaging. Should I diversify my portfolio and drop either Slicing or Scavaging for either Investigation or Underworld contacts to increase my yield? (And, yes, I am treating this as financial advice as it is similar.)

Dumb naab question.

Thinking about taking Cybertech.

Would i be compleatly mad taking Slicing and scavenging with that ? I know they are both gathering skills, but do i miss out on anything good, not taking a Mission skill ? If i do, what Mission skill would be the one to take with Cybertech ?

And is Cybertech the choise for a Mercenary ? If not...then what class is ?

Edited by PeterogIben
Addon

:sy_lightside: [aname=anchor9]COMPANION LIST[/aname]

SITH WARRIOR

• Vette, (female Twilek - Romance-able) - Korriban (Pirate)
  • Combat Style: Ranged DPS
  • Armor: Medium
  • Weapon type: Dual Pistols
  • Primary Stat: Cunning
  • Secondary Stat: Endurance
  • VO'd by actress: Catherine Taber
  • Crew Skills: +5 Underwould Trading Efficiency, +5 Treasure Hunting Critical
  • Gifts loved: Courting, Luxury

[jumpto=anchor0]

[/jumpto]

The gifts loved seem to be a little off. Was just testing this and the ones listed here only gave 24 while

Underworld Good

gave the 96 affection increase.

This was with my female marauder. Just now I I bought all the listed rank 1 items at the vendor and gave them to Vette.

Weird newb question.

My gunslinger has Slicing, Armstech and Scavaging. Should I diversify my portfolio and drop either Slicing or Scavaging for either Investigation or Underworld contacts to increase my yield? (And, yes, I am treating this as financial advice as it is similar.)

A few weeks ago before the nerf of slicing I would have said no, but it might actually end up cheaper if you take underworld trading and farm the mats yourself.

Dumb naab question.

Thinking about taking Cybertech.

Would i be compleatly mad taking Slicing and scavenging with that ? I know they are both gathering skills, but do i miss out on anything good, not taking a Mission skill ? If i do, what Mission skill would be the one to take with Cybertech ?

And is Cybertech the choise for a Mercenary ? If not...then what class is ?

Those are the three I took, slicing provided enough cash to see me through my early level pre nerf. However I'm not sure about it at its current state. Underworld Trading would be the best choice if you were to take a mission skill instead of crafting!! It's up to you ^^

How do you unlock more underworld trading missions? I have unlocked many other missions for scavenging but none for under world trading missions.

I'm pretty sure that mission skills become available as you level your character. Once you hit a certain level more will become available.