Pyrotechs: what will you do with hired muscle?

Diddley

I'm currently rolling this spec for pvp:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZMIMrzGrrR.1

To explain my choices: for kiting, LoS'ing and ball carrying I think degauss is really important and chose it over gyroscopic alignment jets as I'm not having problems managing heat at the moment. With reduced cd on vent heat it seems it's always ready!

I also couldn't make my mind up between automated defences and energy rebounder. So I figured taking 1 point out of both burnout and rain of fire is a negligible enough dps loss to take both of these great defensive utilities. Living longer = more dps, right?

Anyway, what bugs me in 1.2 is what to do with the 3 points most of us have floating around in our trees spent on hired muscle. The way I see it, the points could be better spent on stabilizers for the reduced power shot pushback, but then we lose out on a total of 6% crit chance instead of just 3% by keeping it in the first place.

I have worked out that by swapping 2 BM eliminator implants for 2 combat medic implants the crit chance will balance out, but with a loss to power. Just wondering how people view this loss or how they are respeccing and mitigating loss of crit?

Edited by Diddley

Reroll PT Pyro as Merc Pyro is but a bizarre attempt of mobility as you're stuck casting Power Shots every now and then.. with a dot/los spec!

Poor R71 arsenal merc collecting dust already :)

Up and coming R58 powertech pyro punishing people for all the tracers they interrupted!

Actually degauss is very useful to get rid of slow and roots over fire pits and to quickly line of sight people. I very much rate it as it has saved numerous times.

I still get plenty of mileage out of my pyro merc. I actually have a powertech at level 24 since December when I decided to reroll a merc for ranged dps. Perhaps not the best idea for pvp as there is no such thing as ranged.

What I'm wondering is if people are using the 3 points to juice up their power shot pushback or anything as 3 points doesn't seem worth it on 3% crit. Levelling up Gault to 10k affection will give you a 1% increase anyway come 1.2.

Edited by Diddley

Actually degauss is very useful to get rid of slow and roots over fire pits and to quickly line of sight people. I very much rate it as it has saved numerous times.

I still get plenty of mileage out of my pyro merc. I actually have a powertech at level 24 since December when I decided to reroll a merc for ranged dps. Perhaps not the best idea for pvp as there is no such thing as ranged.

What I'm wondering is if people are using the 3 points to juice up their power shot pushback or anything as 3 points doesn't seem worth it on 3% crit. Levelling up Gault to 10k affection will give you a 1% increase anyway come 1.2.

I was toying with removing hired muscle and adding the 3 points in limiting pushback. I'll probably try it and see how I like it.

I'm currently rolling this spec for pvp:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3000cZMckZMIMrzGrrR.1

To explain my choices: for kiting, LoS'ing and ball carrying I think degauss is really important and chose it over gyroscopic alignment jets as I'm not having problems managing heat at the moment. With reduced cd on vent heat it seems it's always ready!

I also couldn't make my mind up between automated defences and energy rebounder. So I figured taking 1 point out of both burnout and rain of fire is a negligible enough dps loss to take both of these great defensive utilities. Living longer = more dps, right?

Anyway, what bugs me in 1.2 is what to do with the 3 points most of us have floating around in our trees spent on hired muscle. The way I see it, the points could be better spent on stabilizers for the reduced power shot pushback, but then we lose out on a total of 6% crit chance instead of just 3% by keeping it in the first place.

I have worked out that by swapping 2 BM eliminator implants for 2 combat medic implants the crit chance will balance out, but with a loss to power. Just wondering how people view this loss or how they are respeccing and mitigating loss of crit?

I'd put the full 3 points in burnout and rain of fire versus any points in automated defences. I'm only level 42 so I haven't played with those skills but that's what I'm planning to do.

I was toying with removing hired muscle and adding the 3 points in limiting pushback. I'll probably try it and see how I like it.

Might be worth it in 1.2 (they are making it 3% instead of 6%).

As to the op, infrared sensors is a must. Get rid or degauss. You are not a ball carrier. Accept it and get the ball to classes that are much better at it.

Edited by McGarnagle

I'd put the full 3 points in burnout and rain of fire versus any points in automated defences. I'm only level 42 so I haven't played with those skills but that's what I'm planning to do.

I have thermal sensor override macro'd to incendiary missile. This is a big ability and I want it up as much as possible. I give up energy rebounder. If you roll with a healer in a premade there is no reason for it. Survivability is nice, but that is not our role. We are damage dealers. Deal damage, and auto defenses allows us to continually deal damage. Heat is a huge issue with pyros and giving up something that allows me to save heat is a big deal.

Might be worth it in 1.2 (they are making it 3% instead of 6%).

As to the op, infrared sensors is a must. Get rid or degauss. You are not a ball carrier. Accept it and get the ball to classes that are much better at it.

I've used infrared sensors before and have not found them much help at all. I still got the jump from operatives and assassins it seems as much as without it (especially as they can spec higher than your detection).

I don't carry the ball for long periods of time. While the tank is getting the ball from mid I'm making my way to the lower left/right platform between the firepits or past them to receive the ball or let them intercede to me. In my opinion pass-play is as important as tanks walking it in. Degauss has proved really useful for that 10-20 metre walk to the goal line. Same goes for LoSing or running away from classes that are putting slows on you. Energy Rebounder is a perfect match too.

When it comes down to it, losing 10% of burnout and 3% of additional blaster damage doesn't really bother me compared to the extra utility, and it's not a spec breaking loss of dps.

Edited by Diddley

... as there is no such thing as ranged.

Exactly. Lol. BW?

Hired muscle will suck in 1.2. I toyed with this before, I was not impressed with the gains as a Pyro. As Arsenals, it is awsome.