Is Rakata gear going to be RE-able?

Thraknar

Sorry if this has been done to death, but I was wondering how Rakata RE will be in 1.2. Is Rakata gear RE-able to get the pattern and then craft with a augments slot or is it specifically going to be only things that are released after 1.2?

Maybe you should read the patchnotes yourself first. The patchnotes only mention tier 2 raid gear - the new tier introduced with 1.2 - to be RE'able to learn a custom schematic. I couldn't find anything confirming that current raid gear will be RE'able too.

I would like to know this as well, it certainly is NOT in the patch notes.

However based on the vaugeness of the patch notes it could be that the only thing we can RE is the new raid gear and nothing else. or it could be that we can RE any armor ever.

Perhaps you need to learn how to read?

Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Tier 2 (new) endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items up on reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters.

Look at the Reverse Engineering under Crew Skills section: http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes

Maybe you should read the patchnotes yourself first. The patchnotes only mention tier 2 raid gear - the new tier introduced with 1.2 - to be RE'able to learn a custom schematic. I couldn't find anything confirming that current raid gear will be RE'able too.

Just get a translator, a professional one. Illiteracy is a potential problem in well prospering countries I'm afraid.

They will be RE'able to learn their schematic. I advise you to read Q&A form mid march. Also as for now all RE'ed orange shells are BOP on PTS, but that is a bug and a subject to change once patch 1.2 will be out (for those who need translation YES THEY WILL BE BOE)

Edited by Nezyrworks

I believe you can see why I asked this question from the responses I got. Since I got three different answers.

Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Tier 2 (new) endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items up on reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters.

^This is what leads me to believe that only the Tier 2 (new) endgame gear will be the ones you can learn schematics from.

Players with the appropriate professions are now able to reverse engineer random drop items and acquire materials from them. This includes Operation materials from endgame items.

^Shows that the Rakata gear will be Reverse Engineer-able and you can get operation materials from it, but you will not learn the schematics. So you could possibly get a biometric crystal, or other raid materials, but there is no possibility of learning the schematic.

I guess I should have asked my question better in the first place. I meant to ask if Rakata schematics would be learnable through RE

I guess I should have asked my question better in the first place. I meant to ask if Rakata schematics would be learnable through RE

Well, it's kind of ironic (given the "illiteracy" comments) that I seem to be one of the only people who correctly inferred the intent of your original post a first glance. I suppose it seemed logical to assume you were referring to REing for the purpose of obtaining a shell or schematic. (Jeez, guys, simmer down. Not worth inducing an aneurysm [figuratively] over something so minor.)

Given the post above mine, it sounds like you at least have a partial answer. I've found the ambiguity of some of the interviews/patch notes on the subject to leave a few questions, also. Darth Hater's website has several interviews you might want to look at, though, to gain some additional insight about the concept, if you haven't already.

Edited by Quind

From the Community Q&A, April 6th 2012:

CamoCladn: If I reverse engineer orange items, will I be able to obtain the schematics for them in Game Update 1.2? It would be great if I can get schematics to attempt to get augment slots as this would grant the ability to look just like I want.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): While in reverse engineering mode, items that can provide research variations will display a ‘Chance to Research a Schematic: x%’ tooltip. Otherwise, the tooltip will read “No Research Available.” Reverse Engineering to get Armormech Schematics pertains to the new endgame tier of Operation items and PvP Battlemaster/War Hero items.

I think that answers the OP's question.

I'm pretty concerned that the crafting system we are getting isn't going to match what most of us have been thinking it's going to be.

I'm also concerned with comments such as the one you just quoted, which if taken literally mean that Armormech will be getting some perks that Synthweaving does not. Ordinarily I would assume they mean armor crafting in general, but they have very specifically called out certain things that are coming to Armormech enough times that I think it doesn't apply to both.

Probably time for Bioware to started doing damage control and pointing out what the new crafting ISN'T, not just vague statements on what it is, which are so open they leave too much room for individual interpretation.