Major Bugs and Unplayablity in the Boss Battle vs Darth Jadus

Kinkachu

I am at the boss battle against Darth Jadus at the exterminators bit and after talking to him, and the boss battle beginning, Darth is red, but his two Dark Guardians at his side are green and can't be attacked, and don't attack me. Jadus stands there until I attack him, but i can't target him properly because it keeps saying 'Cannot See Target' unless i get right u close to him and then SOMETIMES it works. But as a sniper I then can't kill him because he attacks me normally and i can't target him properly while Kaliyo tanks. It sucks, does anyone know how to help me out? Logging in and out and resetting the quest have not helped. :mad:

I'm an operative, but I ran into the same problem. What I did was go right up to Jadus until he aggro'ed onto me, and then I ran down the stairs and behind one of the consoles until he followed me there. That stopped the LoS errors, and I was able to have my companion tank him properly (when he wasn't being cc'ed).

There are 4 or 5 long threads on this mission. One good way of doing it is shown above.

I knew about the bug before I got there, prepared well and didn't really have any problems.

I did it alot different than most of the strategy's I've seen. I just ignored the LoS bug, jumped on the platform, found cover in the back and brought him down.

The key to this fight is interrupting his casts. This is the first fight you will encounter in the IA story line where interrupts are critical to bringing a mob down. It won't be the last.

Also.....If your companion starts acting weird, just ignore it. It's part of the bug and will not affect the outcome.

The bug is scheduled to be fixed in 1.2.

Edited by Ravenwhyte

Since this bug has been has very well known since the beginning, and an easy hack fix (like put a different npc in there) hast been implemented, it's becoming clear that BW doesn't want to fix this.

It's a numbers game - IA is a very LOW priority.

Shocking that they wait so long to fix this...

but yeah, all you need to do is tag him, make sure your companion is on passive when you do in case he attacks it, run down the stairs, no more LOS issues.

if you ever played a range class you would realise that it is the case with alot of mobs

range LOS = friend

Posted this in another thread about the same problem: Use Suppressive Fire to start the fight at max range. It does not need LOS. The LOS bug should only apply to the platform, when he steps down, you can use other ranged attacks normally. After that, the rest is up to you. The advice on this thread (and the others) is solid! Listen to it and you should do fine :D

Is it possible to bring a friend along? I am at the same point as a sniper but at level 29 stand no chance at beating him.

I was under leveled and under geared had to bring a friend just had to reset the instance so my buddy in party could see it then still had to deal with the silly can't target issues >.>....

• 2 months later...

Late june attempt on my part -

It is still a line of sight issue - however, the advice here is good. if you use Suppressive Fire AOE at the start he will aggro successfully.

I have only gotten through the first phase of the fight - will try the interrupts via Distraction - that looks to be helpful advice

Except for the LoS bug, it is a fun tough fight so far - you actually have to work hard on level

I joined Jadus, it was a darkside choice and i picked it happily

when i joined him i got sent on a quest to kill zhorrid his daughter, dont know if that is something you get to do if you dont join him

I got something like this in the fight against Bouris Ulgo in the regicide mission on Alderaan. Said I didn't have LoS for a lot of my attacks. I ended up kiting him round the pillar to the side with corrosive dart occasionally hitting him with overload shot. Worked eventually.

The Jadus fight did work for me though, thankfully. Found it a lot easier when I moved to the right side of the room and hid behind the screens whenever he used a channelled attack. worked like a charm.

Edited by Bearded_Assassin

UPDATE on my experience as a Sniper

I finally decided that I was stuck on level with this fight because i was not putting out enough DPS. I could not do enough damage between interrupts and eventually everything was on cool down (including medpacks, Heroic Moment etc...)

Here is what I did - I went out and finished Alderaan and then a very large section of Taris. I used 24 Taris commendations for the sweet Sniper rifle the Commendation vendor offers on the Fleet and was aggressive about boosting my gear. I also geared up Kaliyo but that is not as necessary since your companion is often getting CC'd. I went back in on level 36 and found that it was pretty straight forward. I could have probably gone in at a lower level since I had a pretty easy time of it but was sick of trying at level 31 and 32.

So - as others have said - use a DPS companion, hit hard and fast, use ALL your skills that will interrupt and punish him