Darth Nihilus

kcchieffan

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer keeping his backstory a mystery. Once an ordinary man, turned into literally an embodiment of the dark side.

Darth Nihilus is more than the darkside, more than a fool adhering to one idealism. No, he is was a raw force, the power of consumption, of hunger. Nihilism was not alive, and he was not death, for death itself is simply a step in the cycle of life and the Force.

Darth Nihilus is the end. He is worse than death, for "even a corpse could feed the hungry beasts". It is in him that you see the end of all life and thus death, he is the the drain, the end, the end of the Force and every living thing. He consumes only to persist and consume again, he shall consume until there is not a living thing left in the Galaxy... not even himself.

And then he took a lightsaber to the knee.

Edited by BlazingShadow

Darth Nihilus is more than the darkside, more than a fool adhering to one idealism. No, he is was a raw force, the power of consumption, of hunger. Nihilism was not alive, and he was not death, for death itself is simply a step in the cycle of life and the Force.

Darth Nihilus is the end. He is worse than death, for "even a corpse could feed the hungry beasts". It is in him that you see the end of all life and thus death, he is the the drain, the end, the end of the Force and every living thing. He consumes only to persist and consume again, he shall consume until there is not a living thing left in the Galaxy... not even himself.

And then he took a lightsaber to the knee.

Meh. I just chopped him up like sushi and took his mask. :p

Sion should stay dead, Sion was turned back to the light.

One Sion was very likely always Sith, there is no Jedi evidence of Sion ever, he just appeared a Sith during Exar Kun's Empire ... so there no back to the Light, he never experienced Light as far as we know.

Two Sion was not redeemed, he was just convinced that living the way he was, was not worth the eternal pain and suffering he had to endure. He may have let go of his pain at long last, but he only did it for selfish reasons and he was still extremely hate-filled at the world when he went.

"I am glad to leave this place…at last."
Edited by AngelousWang

One Sion was very likely always Sith, there is no Jedi evidence of Sion ever, he just appeared a Sith during Exar Kun's Empire ... so there no back to the Light, he never experienced Light as far as we know.

Two Sion was not redeemed, he was just convinced that living the way he was, was not worth the eternal pain and suffering he had to endure. He may have let go of his pain at long last, but he only did it for selfish reasons and he was still extremely hate-filled at the world when he went.

I never claimed that Sion was a Jedi. I don't know why I had inserted the word back into that sentence, sorry for the confusion regarding that.

I disagree, he tried his damndest to talk Meetra out of facing Traya by saying she will destroy you. I don't remember the full conversation convincing him to quit living but I remember choices along the lines of, lay down your hatred. In the end Sion did put down his hatred which is what kept he alive, in my opinion that screams turning to the light.

Edited by Tuscad

Meh. I just chopped him up like sushi and took his mask. :p

Nihilus was the biggest disappointment of the game. Not because of his character, which was awesome but because of how freaking EASY it was to kill him. He was built up so much as this planet consuming monster. But I just walked onto his command bridge and sliced him up. That was a huge letdown and one of the very, very few things that KOTRII did wrong IMO.

Nihilus was the biggest disappointment of the game. Not because of his character, which was awesome but because of how freaking EASY it was to kill him. He was built up so much as this planet consuming monster. But I just walked onto his command bridge and sliced him up. That was a huge letdown and one of the very, very few things that KOTRII did wrong IMO.

Agreed. I believe if their dev team had more time, they could have put out a masterpiece that would have been better than KotOR I in every respect.

Darth Nihilus was a complete disappointment. Like Atrius, Nihilus was heavily promoted in pre-release artwork. In the actual game, he does get mentioned quite a bit, but in actually seeing him, much less fighting him, the whole experience was a complete letdown.

A feeling of, "That's it?" was what I got when the fight ended.

Like Atrius, he was just a disappointing character. I liked his image, his slowly growing image of doom the further in the game you got, but in the end, he was a half-baked character. Just like Atrius.

Drop the "very, very few" part and I can say "this!"

• 3 months later...
i liked kotor 1 more than kotor 2 because in kotor 1 both teams semed so strong and powerfull and it was like you had a lot of help in kotor 2 i didnt know what to do it seemed so unpopulated and it seemed more like a gohst hunting game than fighting i can onley remember killing sith troopers 2 times all the rest of the time it was robots or animals and it was kinda a letdown when the guy who ate worlds was so easy to kill:mad:

There was a cutscene you unlocked at one point that showed Sion's and Nihilius' betrayl of Kraya, behond that and some other videos one unlocks there isn't much on him.

Though I will point out that Nihilius was in Star Wars Legacy via Sith Datacron giving Darth Krayt advice haha.