Pyrotech Accuracy

Mikelly

So I started as an iron fist tank for pvp and eventually saw the potential of pyro and for the moment(pre 1.2) the burst and 1v1(usually 2) dominance is worth lesser huttball utility to me. However, I notice that with my typical strategy of swapping out the enhancements on BM gear for champion gear enhancements with crit/surge/power, i tend to miss quite a bit with railshot, especially against juggs with 25% def. This arises because railshot is based on ranged accuracy.

My question is essentially what do seasoned pyro peeps think is a good target ranged accuracy? How much crit/surge/power do you think should be sacrificed for the optimal sweet spot of dps? I put back some accuracy enhancements and right now I have about 99% accuracy, 33.5%(without the ia buff) crit and 71% surge (not sure what my power rating off the top of my head is but my weapon damage is about 650-910). I have noticed a vast improvement after putting back the accuracy enhancements because 90% just wasn't cutting it. Am I in the right zone or should I try for a little more or less accuracy?

I'm assume accuracy will be slightly less important in 1.2 because most pyrotechs will choose thermal detonator which is based on tech accuracy since you have less railshots. Though perhaps having fewer railshots means you gotta make them count! So feel free to discuss how you think 1.2 affects the need for accuracy.

Thanks!

I feel like between 98-100% is good, but it really all depends on your spec (link?)

Im in the opposite boat, haven't replaced mods yet and while a lot of accuracy makes railshot nice on everything, I really want my crit back. The itemization in this game is questionable.

Edited by ronalddregan

I run 0 on everything other than the BM Earpiece in PvP.

:)

man, it's just so frustrating to miss two rail shots in a row. that puts your rail shot accuracy anywhere between 65% and 87% depending on the other person's defense. I run a 8/6/27 spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhrbzGhMM.1

I feel like you won't be able to afford missing with railshot after 1.2

Missing a rail shot in 1.2 will hurt but not too much, the change is a lot less significant than people are making out.

I am far from the best but I do pretty well. I run a similar build(probably posted by someone before so i doubt its remotely new) but 8/8/25 I use FB far too much and the 6% damage increase is actually quite nice. I also really like the 8/6/27 builds, messed around with a variation but 8/8/25 really suites my playstyle. Also tried ditching Rapid Venting because I dont really have heat issues and taking the Infrared Sensors because a good OP can double stun you and drop you to 40% before you join the fight. But if you get that first shot its game over. Spent the last two days try different tweaks to my build and what I have now seems to work out the best for me. Solo queuing I shift a few points around.

I have like 110% maybe a tad more tech accuracy and maybe 103ish ranged. Not that high and I rarely miss a rail shot, the target usually has to have popped some cd for it to not land.

Big trade off is my lack of crit and surge. I don't have any BM gear, but I'll probably replace the mods for more crit and try and find a middle ground. I think a solid 100 or even 99ish would be sufficient.

Edited by ronalddregan