Character Customization Requests

Jaavik

I personally enjoy the ability to customize my character fully, I know the game is still basically new, but I'm hoping that some more customization options are in the works. So I decided to start this thread so that the players can speak up about what they want to see for customization options.

Here are a few of my requests...

1. More options for PANTS on Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor. I know we have a few options for pants in "social gear" found on planets, but in most of those cases, the pants only look right when used in that particular set. I play force healers mostly, and I'm sick of wearing a dress. Knights/Warriors can wear robes or pants, there's no reason that the Consulars/Inquisitors cannot as well.

2. Even some kind of shorter robe option would be acceptable so "boot styles" aren't pointless for Consulars/Inquisitors?

3. I'd like to see options for Force Users to have some kind of "street wear" options ala Luke in Bespin fatigues. Jackets, vests, etc would look awesome.

4. Some kind of barber/hair stylist that will allow you to modify the appearance of your character once the look starts to feel stale.

5. Show some skin! The character body models look awesome, but we don't get any choice to wear outfits to show off the bods. I know there are some slave girl/dancer options for women, but how about some sleeveless options for the guys? Maybe some tattoos, scars, cybernetic arms/legs etc (which would make the cyborg race miore interesting to play)? Maybe even some kind of "harness" with shoulder-pads (or singular pad) for warrior-types to show off the chest or more options to show off mid-drifts or legs?

These are just a few ideas. I'd love to hear some more...

I agree with the post. They should allow more options. I am also getting a little bored of the same hair style on my main and it would be nice if there were a barber where i can perhaps change it and maybe also have more hairstyles available that are not part of the character creation option. Perhaps even allow you to change the make up, especially if you decide to change your hair colour, that shade of eye shadow and lipstick may look all wrong for it.

Most MMOs out there all have customization for your outfit. Take Lord Of The Ring Online for example. They have your main gear. Then below that, you can select other ones. You can dress your toon as you see fit. So for Cusomization 2 i might be wearing a pretty white elvish dress, golden tiara, but on Customization 3 I might wear something more like what Legolas wore in the movie, but it would be on a female toon. You can create several looks, and its only a matter of one CLICK and you are wearing a different outfit. You can also modify the outfits at any time and the game had also introduced a wardrobe. So once its in your wardrobe, ALL your toons on that account can access it and you can even dye the outfits. So if you get sick of the white dress, dye it purple. And the wardrobe remembers ALL the different colours you chose, so for my healer i can choose the sky blue dress instead because it will look nicer on her. And at the same time, it wont jeoprodise your original gear.

Another thing i would like to see as well is, you can change the appearance of your same chest piece. Or colour it to match the rest of your gear. My Bounty Hunter has a White and Blue chest armor, but his boots and pants are red and white. It looks ridiculous. And i would like to change sections of it that i may not like, like you could do on Neverwinters Nights.

I would love it if they added more casual wear too, like the singlet look, and more pretty dresses for female toons to wear, and show MORE SKIN too. It would be nice to be able to customize the dancer's outfit too. Change the colour and modify sections of it, like changing the appearance of the bra bit. Or make it longer like Leia wore in Jedi. Also an option for companion outfits would be ideal as well, and i know they are adding the feature to hide their head piece. Thank GOD for that one. I didn't choose a nice Customized look for my companions only to have them hide it under a crappy looking helmet.

The game is still new so there is still plenty of room for improvements and goodies. Good thread by the way.

Edited by Aexion

I agree 100%. I would also add that I want the option to put the hoods down on Jedi Knight gear, or at least hide them like you can currently hide headgear. This is my biggest annoyance with JK gear at the moment. A close second is the lack of variety. If you look at the Star Wars movies and especially the Clone Wars series, ther is a lot they can do with outfit designs to make them more diverse (and even sexy) and yet keep the Star Wars feel. I would LOVE an outfit similar to what Asoka wears for my JK, for instance.

I agree 100%. I would also add that I want the option to put the hoods down on Jedi Knight gear, or at least hide them like you can currently hide headgear.
Already being addressed internally. It's not in 1.2, but it is coming.

Twi'lek-specific headgear models that work with lekku, rather than cause clipping nightmares. Because we're special.

I agree with:

1. For the love of god, please give consulars more pants options... and to match, some robes/tunics that aren't quite so "flowing" for lack of better word.

2. Show more skin! I agree for two reasons:

2a. The species you choose seems so irrelevant outside of questing because you can't really tell what species someone is easily unless they are Twi'lek. It'd be cool if some of the clothes options made it easier to pick out someones species just by seeing them run by you.

2b. Our character bodies ARE awesome, and we need to be able to show them off ;)

3. Also, thanks Bioware for getting rid of the Queen Amidala headpieces for Consulars :)

Edited by Shlamorel

Probably best way to solve this would be to do it similar to DC Online, thus have your armour which each has its unique visuals and can be shown and have another tab that is for visual look of your character's clothing only.

The players can then enable (in the tab for visual look) to either look like the armour they are wearing or to look like the visual tab.

Social armour would still remain as normal armour, as the visual tab should just allow players to pick from a LARGE variety of different clothing for each slot to adjust the way they are visually clothed.

On top of it they could eventually even add content in that unlocks unique and "epic" visual clothing pieces.