Raiden vs. Sidious

Datamonger

Raiden from Mortal Kombat vs. Darth Sidious (in his prime)

An interesting battle of lightning, no? The power of the Force on one side, the power of Nature on the other.

To clarify, you can use any incarnation of Sidious (as long as it is within canon). AFAIK, Raiden canon only exists within the games and the movies (and perhaps any television series that may have briefly existed).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure that makes it a lot harder to kill him. Sidious has nothing in this fight.

A lot harder to kill for Sidious?....Don't think so, Raiden's main power is lighting...Sidious's main power is The Force which last I checked he could do some insane things with it.

A lot harder to kill for Sidious?....Don't think so, Raiden's main power is lighting...Sidious's main power is The Force which last I checked he could do some insane things with it.

Here's how it goes down:

Sidious: I challenge you to mortal kombat!

Raiden: But I'm not mortal, you moron.

Sidious: You arrogant fool! (Shoots force lightning at Raiden)

Raiden: *yawns and absorbs lightning*

Sidious: *force picks-up a nearby Buick and hurls it at Raiden*

Raiden: *vanishes*

Sidious: *looks around, bewildered*

Clouds roll in.

Massive lightning bolts descent from the sky and course through Sidious' body until he's crispier than Uncle Owen.

Raiden: *reappears* Flawless Victory, b****!

Edited by AlienEyeTX

Spite thread...

Raidens immortal and is made of pure energy, and has shown the ability to destroy planets/entire realms when not under MK tournament rules and complete control of lightning.

Nothing Sidious can do will hurt him.

Edited by Girdeux

Spite thread...

Raidens immortal and is made of pure energy, and has shown the ability to destroy planets/entire realms when not under MK tournament rules and complete control of lightning.

Nothing Sidious can do will hurt him.

Sidious can rip open the fabric of space and time, he too has complete control over lighting and pretty sure if he wanted he could destroy planets too.

Sidious can rip open the fabric of space and time, he too has complete control over lighting and pretty sure if he wanted he could destroy planets too.

what is your point? Raiden is now an Elder God. He has complete control over anything.

Even when he wasnt an Elder God its still spite. He destroys entire realms(galaxys/universes) when he fights as said in the MK games that any "normal" god can do..

Edited by Girdeux

what is your point? Raiden is now an Elder God. He has complete control over anything.

Even when he wasnt an Elder God its still spite. He destroys entire realms(galaxys/universes) when he fights as said in the MK games that any "normal" god can do..

The point being, a god can still be killed.

The point being, a god can still be killed.

I'm not an MK buff by any means, but if I remember correctly, Raiden had to become human to die in Annihilation, and I don't recall him ever dying in any of the games as a god, let alone as an elder god. So...where is the proof that a god can be killed in the MK universe?

here's how it goes down:

Sidious: I challenge you to mortal kombat!

Raiden: But i'm not mortal, you moron.

Sidious: You arrogant fool! (shoots force lightning at raiden)

raiden: *yawns and absorbs lightning*

sidious: *force picks-up a nearby buick and hurls it at raiden*

raiden: *vanishes*

sidious: *looks around, bewildered*

clouds roll in.

Massive lightning bolts descent from the sky and course through sidious' body until he's crispier than uncle owen.

Raiden: *reappears* flawless victory, b****!

Fatality!!!! :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

Well, it's a good thing Force Lightning is Dark side energy and not normal lightning that is natrual. Raiden isn't a God if the Force exist and the Force doesn't exist if Raiden's a God.

Of course Palpatine is a skilled manipulater so he would probably set the rules of a theoretical fight.

Well, it's a good thing Force Lightning is Dark side energy and not normal lightning that is natrual. Raiden isn't a God if the Force exist and the Force doesn't exist if Raiden's a God.

That's something I was wondering myself when I made this post. How does Force Lightning compare with natural lightning?

That's something I was wondering myself when I made this post. How does Force Lightning compare with natural lightning?

Force lightning has similar properties depending on the novel, but is inherently evil, not instant. Is Raiden a God of electricity as well?

I'm not an MK buff by any means, but if I remember correctly, Raiden had to become human to die in Annihilation, and I don't recall him ever dying in any of the games as a god, let alone as an elder god. So...where is the proof that a god can be killed in the MK universe?

None have died, but they can be hurt and beaten. So they should be able to die in some form or another. Its never really stated, that the Elder Gods are immortal in the sense they can't be beaten in combat. In deadly alliance the final events, Raiden was defeated by Shang Tsung and Quan Chi. So they can be beaten in combat, but death however is still up in the air as we never really seen any of them die.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Immortal means not subject to death. Doesn't mean he can't be beaten but it does mean he can't die.

No because theres different levels of immortality, so depending on what level of immortality the Elder Gods have..they can die. But we don't know exactly what kind of immortality they posses. They can also have their heads cut off, you can't replace something like that we never have seen an Elder got have their bodies destroyed in such a way.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi