The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech DPS Help

Hey all. Let me preface this by saying that I do some PVP, but I am primarily a raider and will be focusing on making my character as helpful to my raid as possible. I am moving from Shieldtech to one of the DPS trees but am having some problems weighing the pros and cons. Also, I would like to hear for sure the take on what powertech DPS will be after 1.2 as well. Any help and insight you guys could provide would be much appreciated.

Hey all. Let me preface this by saying that I do some PVP, but I am primarily a raider and will be focusing on making my character as helpful to my raid as possible. I am moving from Shieldtech to one of the DPS trees but am having some problems weighing the pros and cons. Also, I would like to hear for sure the take on what powertech DPS will be after 1.2 as well. Any help and insight you guys could provide would be much appreciated.

Pyro before and after 1.2

If I were you I would hold off on respeccing until 1.2 comes out. Then you will have a ton of posts and info to go through on here. Or visit the PTS forums and try to find some info there.

You don't have to hold off respeccing. We'll get a free respec, and the first respec every week is free. Respec all you want!

In 1.2, Advanced prototype particules will have a 6 sec CD. So, Rail shot will not instant proc.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef5ef5ef6efef12ef3e6def2dfefef2e

It'S the PvP build that offer a nice dmg. But, in term of raiding, i think it will be very hard to manage your heat. Keeping your 2 Dots with Flame Burst corst a lot.

I think that Advance Prototype tree with a game play of Stack x5 Flame Thrower can be great.

I have heard go no TD, and no burnout...ive heard it the other way around. What is your opinion. What I have put together for pyro is this:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::fef5ef5ef8ef16e8de2fef2efe:

What do you think?

Burnout is very nice for PvE, and TD will become more important in 1.2 for PvP. So a 31point pyro will be fine for both PvE and PvP comes 1.2

Until then, I prefer 8/6/27