Post 1.2 Mercs

the arsenal tree is in no way nerfed. Sure, tracer does less damage but HSM at +10% damage sort of compensates for that. It is also important to consider that unload is one of the main sources of our damage and the increased chance to bring it off of cooldown will increase our dps significantly (it also helps that unload is amazing for heat management). All in all competent arsenal mercs have gotten buffed while of course people who can't play will see a decrease in their damage.

on a side note, you should never be using power shot as a pve arsenal merc. tracer surpasses it in every way possible

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the arsenal tree is in no way nerfed. Sure, tracer does less damage but HSM at +10% damage sort of compensates for that. It is also important to consider that unload is one of the main sources of our damage and the increased chance to bring it off of cooldown will increase our dps significantly (it also helps that unload is amazing for heat management). All in all competent arsenal mercs have gotten buffed while of course people who can't play will see a decrease in their damage.

on a side note, you should never be using power shot as a pve arsenal merc. tracer surpasses it in every way possible

Exactly what he said. So much QQ from Arsenal mercs when the only ones who really should be QQing are the Bodyguards.

I've played other MMO's and always stuck with the same class despite any nerfs. A flat 31% throughput nerf (see RuQu's numbers) to healing Mercs is absolutely insane though. I can't think of any other game where a nerf that big (1/3rd) has occurred in a single patch. I plan to keep playing my Merc but I know in the end it will probably cause more frustration than fun. Unless you consider spamming Rapid Shots and waiting at the respawn gate fun.

This is one of the primary reasons I cancelled today. To basically destroy our class because of whining PvPers is idiotic. Did Arsenal need nerfed? Yes, but how about an escape mechanism or interrupt that's actually useful as a tradeoff. And if you can't kill a BH healer 1v1 because he's healing himself? Well, that means his team is dying. No reason to ruin the bodyguard spec. Lack of endgame content? Well, roll another toon is their reply. That's not an answer. SO disappointed in what's happening to this game. And yes, I know, I wont be missed, dont let the door hit me, etc. but I feel let down by a game I waited so long for.

Even with the "nerfs" I really don't see what all the complaining about, and why so many people are threatening to quite the game over it. I have ran PvP, HM's and OP's as a healer, and there has only been one time where I have ran into a problem with heat. The majority of the time I don't even pay attention to my heat level because as things stand now I don't need to.

With the changes they are making I just need to pay more attention to me heat level. I am just glad to see that we are finally getting a combat rez. I am sure these changes are not going to be all doom and gloom like everyone is screaming.

Even with the "nerfs" I really don't see what all the complaining about, and why so many people are threatening to quite the game over it. I have ran PvP, HM's and OP's as a healer, and there has only been one time where I have ran into a problem with heat. The majority of the time I don't even pay attention to my heat level because as things stand now I don't need to.

With the changes they are making I just need to pay more attention to me heat level. I am just glad to see that we are finally getting a combat rez. I am sure these changes are not going to be all doom and gloom like everyone is screaming.

Right. They are making healing harder, but it isn't impossible. Plenty of Arsenal Mercs are doing very good DPS on 1.2. Plenty of BG healers were able to heal their raids, maybe not as easily, but it WAS too easy before. I still think that the nerfs go a little too far, but it certainly isn't the end of the world and any reason to unsub.

I'll just drop this from another thread I posted in. Basically just sums up my position on the 1.2 BH changes:

On the whole Tracer Missle argument, I literally don't care about a damage nerf. They could have lowered the damage of Tracer Missle by 30% and I wouldn't care at all - AS LONG as they would have spread that damage out to other abilities. The heatseeker missle 10% damage buff was a nice compensation, but rail shot remains meh for Arsenal. And now they have nerfed Power Shot too? How in the world did they expect that this would provide a more "active gameplay rotation"? There are still about 6 things in the Arsenal tree that REQUIRE us to be spamming Tracer Missle, so with these changes they have not accomplished anything except for making us use Unload with Barrage procs a little bit more frequently. Arsenal is boring as hell to raid with and even worse in PvP due to its terrible survivability and weakness to melee interupts/pushback.

My suggestions for Arsenal changes would be the following:

1) A Jetpack disengage ability that pushes us ~30m away from our target

2) Some sort of proc to boost damage and give us a free, no heat Missle Blast (literally havn't used that ability since like level 10)

3) Some sort of temporary immunity to interupts or gap closers that would give us a fighting chance against melee bashing our face in

Now to talk about the healing changes, which are the BIGGEST overall nerf of 1.2 to the Bounty Hunter class. As others have mentioned, I've played MMOs before, I don't really care about damage and healing % nerfs, those are quite ievitable. What I do care about is the resource management system that Bounty Hutners have to use (Heat) which is terrible compared to Operatives and Sorcs. Cutting the heat venting of SGC by 50%, increasing the heat cost of a Rapid Scan after a healing Scan by 50%, AND making Kolto Shell (an already almost useless ability) now cost 16 heat? These changes are absolutely ridiculous in terms of PvE and PvP. Managing our heat during healing intensive raid encounters or high burst pvp situations was already hard enough, now they are essentially making it 2x to 3x times harder to maintain ustained healing without needing to spam our Rapid Shot healing at them for half the fight.

Overall, I'm very dissapointed with the way Bioware has handled the 1.2 changes. I was really looking forward to some new content, new warzones and new gear. But with these very large, unwarrented changes to my only character... I find myself counting down the days until D3 drops so I can play a better, more fun game without a Sub to pay.

/endrant

Right now im getting around top damage in warzones with full cent gear and champ main/off hand. I dont know about you, but pvp really isnt that bad. As far as the nerf goes, i couldnt gaf. Increased damage for heatseekers/unload more than compensates for the nerf to tracers.

I'm leaving this game, so much nerfing pushed me to full time diablo, terra online, GW2. Wow's back untill then. bye failoware

Honestly i was kinda bored with swtor way before I learned of these nerfs.... strip away the story and the voiced dialogs and what do you have left? A wow clone...... I was hoping the new content would breathe a little new life into the game for me, but it's far too little to justify the nerfs....... if the nerfs make the cut tomorrow, I just can't see myself being bothered to pay for this game any more.... take the fun out of playing, and what reason have you got left to play?

The arsenal merc isnt realy nerfed, more a change to give you more rotation freedom, but yeah, bodyguard mercs are getting nerfed the hell out of them.

How do you figure? TM will still be our main spam, Power Shot doesn't vent heat, and Unload procs more.

The ONLY thing that will change is that we'll use Unload a bit more often....thats it.

I play an Arsenal Merc, so my opinion might be a little biased in terms of the bodyguard nerfs. But my plan is to weather the storm, maybe make some alts too at 50 now that Legacy content is out.

Remember, a lot of mmo companies nerf hard at first and then balance upward. I see a lot of these nerfs being midigated in the coming patches.

But I also played a shaman healer in WoW, so maybe I'm just a hopeless optomist. We'll see I guess. :D

How do you figure? TM will still be our main spam, Power Shot doesn't vent heat, and Unload procs more.

The ONLY thing that will change is that we'll use Unload a bit more often....thats it.

if you use 3 tm's in your rotation, as you should, then nothing will change. but if youre a REAL tm spammer (more than 3 consecutively), then you will notice a distinct drop in your damage output and effectiveness.

Im perfectly fine with this.

I have two choices.. Quit the game, OR reroll to one of the OP classes like Sorc, Marauder, or assassin!

I'm gonna take the quit game! this is so stupid what they did to merc's... Before we was suppose to do "little more dps then others" even if the op classes did same with ALOT mobility !!!!!

Now mercs do ZERO dps, and we still have ZERO mobility!!!!! THIS IS SO FAIL!!!!!

Bioware what are you guys doing? scratch that i know u will not reply to this post or even read it....

I'm done, this was beyond a low blow!!!!!! BEYOND! u said before patch we would be OP if we had spells like interrupt, u still feel that with the SUPER LOW dps we do now after nerf????? srsly? LOL!

I used to be able to do 500k+ dps one wZ! while tank/dps like assassin did the same lols... Now assassin sorc etc do same dps, while my merc is LUCKY if i do around 250k dps.... O M G! people who said "1.2 will save the game" maybe if you're one of the OP classes, but for me personaly im DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One last comment the change of tracer missile with fusion missile was also STUPID! i loved the animation i had! its what i'm used too!!!! to change a thing like that i cant even start to understand! it does nothing!!!! only annoying! at least they should made it a CHOICE! in preferences or something switch to "classic" tracer or "new" ... WOW!

Edited by DEuZZ

this is what u're saying is the 30% nerf (including the damage reduction)?

Tracer Missile has been rebalanced in order to encourage more active gameplay rotations. It now generates 16 Heat, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage.

ok, now bear with me here, about 2 lines higher on the PTR notes it says this

Muzzle Fluting no longer reduces Heat costs. It now reduces the activation time of Power Shot and Tracer Missile by .5 seconds.

ok, now it is back to its normal cast time. oh but it is nerfed by 10% damage

Heatseeker Missiles' damage output has been increased by approximately 10%.

if that isn't a big enough buff to even it out for you, they also buffed barrage's proc rate (which is arguably the hardest hitting ability [does 1k per tick for a total of 3k and about 2k per tick if it crits which could make it anywhere from 4k-6k]). and during the channel you are slowly venting its heat value to make it as if you didn't use the ability.

Barrage: The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly

honestly arsenal mercs and gunnery commandos, are about = if not better than they are on live.

healers are a different story entirely, bodyguard mercs are probably not going to be the first choice for progression, but with skill and gear they could prolly pull something out of the air. (yes bodyguard mercs and combat medic commados have been nerfed for little reason [that i can see of anyway])

Honestly you dont know what the FU** youre talking about, if ur merc and u claim u do same dps as before? that nothing changed in the nerf, if thats ur claim you DONT play merc!

I suppose nobody has ever played an MMO before.. These things happen.. then they change.. but as someone said earlier, I played as a shaman and a BM Hunter for years. I've felt the cycle. Edited by Kodachi

it wasnt a 10% nerf, typically my TM would crit your average sorc for 3000-3200 now it his for approximatly 2300, you do the math, this is in full BM gear with 2 piece Eliminator set for crit buff

and there is your problem. Using PVE gear in PVP will cause your damage to be nerfed HUGE. They buffed exp. So now PVE gear is useless. Even taking 2 pieces of PVE gear will reduce your exp 200 points. That is a big percentage.

Of course that mean you can no longer take the crit buff so that is a nerf too.

Edited by McGarnagle

there is a lot of crying about being nerfed....BH heals yeah you got screwed.....but have you noticed the number of rdps vs melee this is star wars its about having a light saber not a pistol. thats my opinion on why Bioware nerfed BH so much

Im a dps merc and my dmg has gone wayyyyyyy down. For example tracer missle says it does 1k+ dmg..im only doing 600 max...my DFA skill is only hitting on a high note for 400 dmg as well as any other skill i have that says it does high dmg. The highest i have hit for now is 767 with HS. Now tell me thats balanced:mad:

Im a dps merc and my dmg has gone wayyyyyyy down. For example tracer missle says it does 1k+ dmg..im only doing 600 max...my DFA skill is only hitting on a high note for 400 dmg as well as any other skill i have that says it does high dmg. The highest i have hit for now is 767 with HS. Now tell me thats balanced:mad:

Indeed, we are a useless class pvp now.... Are NO point for anyone to want to have a joke class like us in premade etc... We never been op we been ok, now we are nothing! they nerfed tracer dmg, unload dmg, death from above + they nerfed the radius of how many u hit, they nerfed cooldown on jet boost and more.... "Justified" ...! i quit.

Hey, I had fun while it lasted ... ya know?

However, I'm not going to keep putting quarters into the machine. I did that with EQ through WoW (and played just about every other MMO that has come and gone in between)

I'm not going to flame Bio or EA. It's their game and they can do with it whatever they want to do.

... and for those of us Mercs who are angry at the company:

consider that it was PLAYERS who were the ones who spammed Tracer in WZs and made our class build the poster child for a nerf.

I personally never played Tracer Spam. Where's the fun? Yeah I'd go for the 5 heat sigs, but to sit there and just spam Tracer?

a nutless monkey could play that way

anyway, once the sub is done, so am I

Honestly you dont know what the FU** youre talking about, if ur merc and u claim u do same dps as before? that nothing changed in the nerf, if thats ur claim you DONT play merc!

Deuzz you are totally right...just finished Lost Island and Denova Operation in full rakata...pre 1.2 i was 2043 Aim and crit with TM's at 3.2K...now its down to 2.4K...DFA now hits sig. fewer targets and tiks down from 1900 to 1000. HSM are up but over the course of the fight this does not balancce out...BH got super nerfed...so mad right now...

ALSO Campaign gear increased endurance NOT aim over Rakata gear...so dumb...

/switchcharacter