Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending the last several days trying to assemble a group to do various flashpoints in my level range with no success, nobody can present an argument to me against having cross server FP group finders. This precious community that keeps being bandied about is largely non-existant and worthless anyways. Your community is your guild and perhaps a few friends you've met here and there.

Also if they allow cross server friends lists, and grouping for said FP finder, then any complaints against this tool vanish, your "community" is intact.

Bottom line is this: Being able to play rather than try to play trumps any of these wishy-washy ideas of how it affects the community (especially since it doesn't).

Here is how I would love to see a group finder work.

Firstly you click "Enter Group Search". A popup window is displayed with a list of all flashpoints, colored to your respective level (There would also be a HM checkbox). Next, you click which flashpoint you want. To the right of the flashpoint, a dropdown menu becomes available where you can choose your role - Healer/Tank/DPS. You then press ok, and the group finder puts you in a queue and does its magic, trying to find you a group. Ideally, it should spread the classes out (example, Assasin tank, Op Healer, Merc DPS, Mara DPS), but obviously time restraints should come into play.

Now, here is where the biggest improvement could come. Let's say I am finishing up Balmorra on my LvL20 Assasin, and I have queued to tank Athiss. The queue pops, and gives me a popup saying "Travel to Flashpoint: Athiss" and zones me into the instance when it is clicked. This would be IMMENSELY helpful. This would save so much time if a fleet pass and quick travel were not available.

I am really hoping this is how it plays out. Would be legen

I haven't read all the previous posts. And i'm not going to read them. Perhaps what I believe could change reading them, but at this moment, I think that's impossible.

Cannot find any reason against Auto-LFG.

Perhaps having only 3 hours max a day (weekends included) to play makes me feel stupid when I spam about one hour in the fleet /1 with no response, and have to disconnect, frustrated and tired of waiting all days. "Dps lfg ANY hm" appears in my dreams sometimes...

ToFN server, heavy population. And I still haven´t seen Lost Island, normal nor heroic. Im in a guild of real-life friends who are married, have sons, have works, and all of us have the same problem, limited time to play.

I have played a lot of mmos before this, including 5 years WoW. I was leaving Wow when they implemented his Auto-LFG, and I played it for 2 years more. Swtor is the very best mmo I have ever played, and I enjoyed levelling my toons, but levelling has endedand, seriously, actually I pay for spamming one hour in the fleet?

PS: sorry for my english.

I haven't read all the previous posts. And i'm not going to read them. Perhaps what I believe could change reading them, but at this moment, I think that's impossible.

Cannot find any reason against Auto-LFG.

Perhaps having only 3 hours max a day (weekends included) to play makes me feel stupid when I spam about one hour in the fleet /1 with no response, and have to disconnect, frustrated and tired of waiting all days. "Dps lfg ANY hm" appears in my dreams sometimes...

ToFN server, heavy population. And I still haven´t seen Lost Island, normal nor heroic. Im in a guild of real-life friends who are married, have sons, have works, and all of us have the same problem, limited time to play.

I have played a lot of mmos before this, including 5 years WoW. I was leaving Wow when they implemented his Auto-LFG, and I played it for 2 years more. Swtor is the very best mmo I have ever played, and I enjoyed levelling my toons, but levelling has endedand, seriously, actually I pay for spamming one hour in the fleet?

PS: sorry for my english.

With your 3 hours a day, you play even more than I do. You even have a guild, which I dont have and still you dont find groups?

Thats a bit weird, I seriously think that you just do it wrong.

Ask your guild first, after this ask at the LFG channel which is global and you sure will have a group. To spam fleet chat is not leading anywhere :)

By "other" mmo's, you mean that single one that lost a huge customer base from people feeling the community died and the main company stopped caring about them? That's a good example, very good choice. Last time I played that game it was like watching diablo 2 on battle.net, where everyone is sitting in the chat channel talking or trolling each other while they wait to make a game with friends. Sound familiar? replace chat channel with main city and replace game with friends to the all mighty box that tells them their group is ready. Automatic lfg tools turn the community into a bunch of zombies sitting mindlessly in one area. There's already one Lobby of Trollcraft, let's not repeat that mistake. Edited by DLSilence

With your 3 hours a day, you play even more than I do. You even have a guild, which I dont have and still you dont find groups?

Thats a bit weird, I seriously think that you just do it wrong.

Ask your guild first, after this ask at the LFG channel which is global and you sure will have a group. To spam fleet chat is not leading anywhere :)

3 hours MAX a day. 7-friends guild. We play at different hours, sometimes for work, for family, etc., it´s difficult to be 4 people at same time.

And yes, i dont find groups. I satrted spamming /1 and /lfg today at 22:00, it`s 23:59 and im gonna sleep, having paid for being almost 2 hours in the fleet.

With a tool like Group-finder or Call-it-as-u-want, i could have been doing daylies while the group is made. Actually I need to select, play solo doing daylies, or play "social" being in the fleet...

Edited by lordharlock

By "other" mmo's, you mean that single one that lost a huge customer base from people feeling the community died and the main company stopped caring about them?

Don't be afraid, u can mention it. Its a died game with 10M subs ant its called Wow. And I dont play it (and prob never do) since Swtor launch

Automatic lfg tools turn the community into a bunch of zombies sitting mindlessly in one area. There's already one Lobby of Trollcraft, let's not repeat that mistake.

No- automatic lfg tools mantain the community as a "social" party in the fleet. Perhaps its better to mantain that

My point of view is, there are a lot of types of players. All of them pay the same, and there are ways to make the game enjoyable for all of them. Simply that

3 hours MAX a day. 7-friends guild. We play at different hours, sometimes for work, for family, etc., it´s difficult to be 4 people at same time.

And yes, i dont find groups. I satrted spamming /1 and /lfg today at 22:00, it`s 23:59 and im gonna sleep, having paid for being almost 2 hours in the fleet.

With a tool like Group-finder or Call-it-as-u-want, i could have been doing daylies while the group is made. Actually I need to select, play solo doing daylies, or play "social" being in the fleet...

You can do your daily´s as well at Tor, nobody is forcing you to sit on the fleet. I think Iam only at the fleet if I buy new pvp items ;)

The LFG channel is global, so you can be at every planet, on every char that you want to be. You are not even bound to be logged on with your char, like for instance at a LFG tool.

Lvl an alt and if you see someone is making a FP your lvl 50 still need´s just whisper them your intrest.

People were doing this more than 10 years and it works, dont close your eyes of a system that is working perfect just because you are used to an automation tool by Blizzard.

" /cjoin Flashpoint " - global Flashpoint channel.

Try to spread this message on your server, across the planets and stations.

It will help abit in guthering teams.

Try /cjoin lfg it is working quite well on several servers.

Edited by Katahn

In my post I mention that I was spamming in the fleet and in the lfg channel for 2 hours, and nothing happens. Believe me, I tried all possible forms of looking for a group, and it´s very hard to do, at least in my server (curiously, Europe 2nd populated)

Only thing I could do it´s moving to a bigger guild, but I want to be with my friends in our current guild. And I believe that having a tool that simplifies looking groups would be a huge advantage for me. And for a lot of players, I think. That´s why I dont understand players who dont want that kind of tool. Can it destroy the game, or something?

It´s just my particular case, surely I´m very unlucky for not finding groups habitually, after spam and offering cookies.

Sorry for retaking this discussion, perhaps I need to vent my frustration...

If you are interested you can check my "LFG Finder Tool" I tried to make:

LFG Finder Tool

AND LFG Finder Tool v2 (added cross-server)

PS: If you wanna additionally help with the "Flashpoint / LFG Finder", you can help my topic with opinions or ideas: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=440158

Wow Your Server has 209 people in the Imp Fleet? That basically never happens on mine anymore :(

I beleive all people came from another mmo like me even those who are playing for the first time need a LFG tool so they can find fast and without have to wait on the fleet a group to make a FP.

I joined this game because my friends left wow and came here, i realy like it, always wanted a space mmo and Star Wars was a blessing.

Questing is wonderful i love it and even the orange items idea is great so you can keep something you like it and evolve it on the way.Storyline is nice different for each class so you dont have to see the same stories again,many bugs but its something that can and will be fixed with futured updates.

After leveling my first char reached level 50 and i stucked.......no LFG tool and shouting all day trying to find a group to see at least the FPoints.......big dissapointment and i want to beleive that bioware will make it happen soon or there is a big issue here.

Dont troll and say : if u dont like it bb qq and such , but please think how usefull will be a LFG tool for everybody , seriously.

Hello there,

We thought you might be interested in the new

that was released today. Damion Schubert and Daniel Erickson talk about the 'Group-finder' feature planned for patch 1.3.

Have a great day!

Edited by Trineda

So will the LFG tool be cross server? or just server wide?

it will be a big dissapointment if the LFG is only server wide. Im lucky if I see more than 30 people online in my level range during peak hours on the weekend. A LFG tool will be bascially useless unless its cross server.

I just dont see how a single server LFG is going to work with low populations. If we dont get a cross server LFG I will mostly likely be cancelling my sub. Solo questing is getting so boring and i was really looking forward to doing group content.

Edited by Gammawaves

I think they do explain it well in the video.

- Quest, FP, Story mode OP you can queue for

- tank, heal, dps select

I just hope there is a way of selecting "casual" at the queue, so that people who are elitist and demand high dps, perfect specs etc. dont pick this and select "pro", so that casuals can actually use the tool - not like at wow where using it is a pain.

Edited by RachelAnne

I want to heal fps but there are none, so im healing pvp and getting smashed into the bargain, not suprising as as a dedicated healer ive 16% damage boost to dps but only 8 to healing lol.

I want to play pve tonight but will again be forced into pvp or nothing ie play wow instead.

Ive read that cross server pve fp pugs are coming, can we just get this pushed through now as a matter of urgency please....ive read from so many people now that their quest lines are dropping short of swapping planets and maybe theyve missed out on a chain somewhere or whatever BUT still im sure they were expected to do a few fps too.................ASAP please guys

• 2 months later...
I really hope this is cross realm, because most players. Which are casual like to get in and have quick round without the hassle of waiting for hours. Not that it really matters to those on well populated servers but on close to dead ones its a nightmare. Honestly server community won't work if there are to many people on realms that are populated and unless its a forced move people don't like the idea of being forced to change there characters names because it was taken from someone else.

I really hope this is cross realm, because most players. Which are casual like to get in and have quick round without the hassle of waiting for hours. Not that it really matters to those on well populated servers but on close to dead ones its a nightmare. Honestly server community won't work if there are to many people on realms that are populated and unless its a forced move people don't like the idea of being forced to change there characters names because it was taken from someone else.

I hope this post was made ironically, the lfg tool is inadequate at best, hopefully bioware snaps out of it and adds cross server functionality among other features.

• 3 weeks later...

Things wrong with the Group Finder are many but the biggest issues is:

1. Assigns you are role you can not fill as you do not have the GEAR or Spec to do that role.

2. Auto fills the selection and is backwards as it should ask you to fill a role before you can join QUE, not autofill it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.