Diplomancy Decimal bug?

Shadedghost

I was wondering if the Diplomancy bug still exists or if it was fixed. I don't want to send my companions out on diplo missions if they have the chance to fail and give me some crazy .239187899417841 or the like decimal after my ls/ds points.

Does anyone know if it is fixed?

Thank you.

There was indeed a patch note some time ago stating it had been fixed, but it still happens. It seems to be rarer now, and I'm unsure in which circumstances it happens, but it is still happening now and then.

PS: Is Diplomancy related to Necromancy? ;)

Edited by Maranea

I thought I saw a post regarding this bug being fixed in patch 1.2

My level 20 diplomacy alt had this bug for a while, until he maxed his light-side points.

It's nice to be able to wear the "Pure" title at level 20 :D

Hehe, yeah. My SW is level 24, and is almost Dark 5, so I'll be one of the very few running around as the Loathsome before level 25 :)

He is currently bugged with decimal points.

It's still bugged. When you hit max level however it just sets the DS/LS points to 0/10000 and the lesser side points go to zero.

I think it only happens when your companion fails the quest.

It's not like its game breaking, but can be annoying for those who suffer from arithmophobia :D

PS: Is Diplomancy related to Necromancy? ;)

Depends on which gaming system you're using. In dnd 3.5, Diplomancy granted nigh god-like power over others. I once played a Diplomancer, had maxed out ranks in Bluff and Diplomancy and Speak Language. I walked through hostiles like they were nothing because everyone wanted to be my friend. I started combat encounters by introducing myself. Damn, those were some good times.

note: Yes, I know

Depends on which gaming system you're using. In dnd 3.5, Diplomancy granted nigh god-like power over others. I once played a Diplomancer, had maxed out ranks in Bluff and Diplomancy and Speak Language. I walked through hostiles like they were nothing because everyone wanted to be my friend. I started combat encounters by introducing myself. Damn, those were some good times.

note: Yes, I know

What happens when the DM sicks a deaf and blind dragon on you? I'm pretty sure diplomacy doesn't translate through blindsense.