A Quick Look at UI Customization

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vast majority of MMO players play fast. We spam keys, that's just how it is. SWTOR have announced that this feature will be implemented although surely it should be part of the UI update?!

Only so much can be done in a set amount of time. Regardless of what the haters say, this patch has a lot of stuff in it for a relatively short development cycle. If they can keep up the pace and maintain the nerve to pull back on features that aren't quite finished, this game will be rolling full steam ahead by years end

Hi all. Just wanted to let everyone know that, now that patch 1.2 is going live and UI Layout Customizations are now possible, SWTORUI is open and ready for all your layout sharing needs!

Be sure to check out our guides Installing and Using Customized UI Layouts and The Basics of UI Layout Customization (which is an elaboration on the video linked in the OP).

Details about everything we have to offer are in our Welcome thread.

Dolby and I have been hosting all your MMORPG UI needs for 10 years now, and we're happy to be able to do so again now, for SWTOR.

So, please feel free to stop by, introduce yourself and start using SWTORUI! :)

So what part of the ui is the character and inventory window tied to exactly? I decreased my overall ui size, but now the character and inventory windows are way to small.

Probably missing the obvious, but thanks for a answer.

Unfortunately, you aren't missing anything. As of yet, those windows are all tied to the global UI scale. Hopefully they'll give us the ability to scale them independently as well, soon. :)

Still only 2 quickbars? Really??? Wow....

No, there are four. Two that are on the bottom and one each on the left and right sides of the screen, by default. You can change them around now though. We've got a walkthrough for The Basics of UI Layout Customization on our site to help you out. :)

The main post could be updated to show where this freakin xml file is located ... took me forever to find it... :\

Vista 64 bit

C:\Users\*yourusernamehere*\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles

oh and ya - you can take your beta UI and paste it here. after /local go down the beta folder path instead to find that.

Edited by Derat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...