The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Luke Skywalker vs Superman. Who wins?

Ivanblood

I don't really see a fight between Superman and Luke Skywalker getting anywhere because of their personalities.

Well of course not, but then there's no fun in having a "who would win" scenario, would there? Its usually taken on faith that for whatever reason these 2 people are here and now they are fighting.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superman is not super if he is not near earths sun, superman can also be exhausted and than he needs to fly close to the sun to recharge.

So yeah luke could kill superman if he is not on earth or if he exhausts him first. Besides didnt you know green force crystals are in fact realty kryptonite... Luke's saber is green.

Superman doesnt stand a chance.

If you could provide evidence to the fact of Luke's lightsaber being kryptonite that would be wonderful, but I don't see how that is possible.

Superman is not super if he is not near earths sun, superman can also be exhausted and than he needs to fly close to the sun to recharge.

So yeah luke could kill superman if he is not on earth or if he exhausts him first. Besides didnt you know green force crystals are in fact realty kryptonite... Luke's saber is green.

Superman doesnt stand a chance.

Not earth's sun. He needs the "yellow sun." "Yellow" or "G Stars" are the single most common type of star in the universe. Without looking up every planet in the star wars universe I'm willing to bet that most of them orbit G stars. (Tatooine has a yellow and a red sun) Besides, Superman stores power like a battery, he can leave the light of the yellow sun long enough to defeat whatever threats require him to. Otherwise he would lose his powers underground or indoors or in space and other planets where he's fought plenty of enemies in the past.

Of course Luke's lightsaber could be kryptonite couldn't it? No one said it wasn't! That means it has to be! Classic Airbud defense. There are no rules that say a dog isn't allowed to play basketball! Plus, its green! Green means Kryptonite! Kyrptonite's never come in different colors! That's why Green Lantern can beat Superman! Cause' Green!

Edited by SupremeAdmiral

Not earth's sun. He needs the "yellow sun." "Yellow" or "G Stars" are the single most common type of star in the universe. Without looking up every planet in the star wars universe I'm willing to bet that most of them orbit G stars. (Tatooine has a yellow and a red sun) Besides, Superman stores power like a battery, he can leave the light of the yellow sun long enough to defeat whatever threats require him to. Otherwise he would lose his powers underground or indoors or in space and other planets where he's fought plenty of enemies in the past.

Of course Luke's lightsaber could be kryptonite couldn't it? No one said it wasn't! That means it has to be! Classic Airbud defense. There are no rules that say a dog isn't allowed to play basketball! Plus, its green! Green means Kryptonite! Kyrptonite's never come in different colors! That's why Green Lantern can beat Superman! Cause' Green!

Lol to your second paragraph. If everything green was kryptonite then Kermit the Frog would give Superman the beatdown.

End Game Superman is immune to Kyrptonie.

He has spent so long in Earth Sun the he has Super-Super-Super-∞ charged is cells, so Kyrptonie radiation (because it the radiation the rock emits, not the rock itself) can no longer temporary block solar radiation absorption or temporary damage his cells.

He also no longer needs Earths Sun to draw power from (at least not so a stupidity long time, we are talking millions of years), because he is so overcharged.

Even more weaker/earlier versions of Superman have become immune or more resistant to Kyrptonie due to him visiting or get really close to the sun.

Also he doesn't need "Earth's" sun, he needs any yellow (or blue has been used before) star. Power outage wise suns go Blue > Yellow > Red (which is why red sun didn't put out enough power to charge Kryptonions).

Edited by AngelousWang

Superman: Weak to green.

I don't see how Superman could live on Earth then. Almost everything natural on Earth is green. Leaves, grass, moss. Why would Superman save Earth if he was weakened by everything on it. Am I right?

I don't see how Superman could live on Earth then. Almost everything natural on Earth is green. Leaves, grass, moss. Why would Superman save Earth if he was weakened by everything on it. Am I right?

Well if Superman is weakened by all that green on earth but is still able to do all that super stuff then clearly if he was on a planet without green he would be impossible powerful.

I would have to give it to Luke sadly.

Fight would go like this:

Luke hit superman with light saber. Nothing happens and superman only smiles at look.

Luke force lighting Superman. Superman stands there taking it and smiles.

Luke force pulls and force slams super man over and over. Super man gets up and only smiles and says my turn.

Superman draw fist back to to super punch Luke in to orbit. Luke quickly waves his hands and says." You do not want to fight you just want to go home." Superman pauses and Says "I do not want to fight just go home." Super man drops his fist and flies off home. Luke wins by default.

Most likely course of events and about the only way Luke could even come close to a win.

Luke hit superman with light saber. Nothing happens and superman only smiles at look.

Luke force pulls and force slams super man over and over. Super man gets up and only smiles and says my turn.

Superman draw fist back to to super punch Luke in to orbit. Luke quickly waves his hands and says." You do not want to fight you just want to go home." Superman pauses and Says "I do not want to fight just go home." Super man drops his fist and flies off home. Luke wins by default.

Most likely course of events and about the only way Luke could even come close to a win.

If you consider Superman to be weak-minded and susceptible to jedi-mind tricks.

Superman draw fist back to to super punch Luke in to orbit. Luke quickly waves his hands and says." You do not want to fight you just want to go home."

I think Superman would have finished his punch before Luke could have finished saying all that.

Edited by Datamonger

If Superman was weak-minded, then yes that would work. But we have seen Superman display genius level intellect(not as high as Batman's) and Superman's pretty stubborn so mind trick wouldn't work too well.

If Superman was weak-minded, then yes that would work. But we have seen Superman display genius level intellect(not as high as Batman's) and Superman's pretty stubborn so mind trick wouldn't work too well.

Genius level? Are you sure? Anyway, I don't believe it's really a measure of intelligence that counters the Jedi mind trick. I would argue its more an ability to shrug off suggestion, willpower if you will, which Superman certainly has in spades.

If you consider Superman to be weak-minded and susceptible to jedi-mind tricks.

Super man has been mind controlled before by Maxwell Lord IV and was only freed from it when wonder woman snapped Lords neck, so I do believe there are grounds for Super man to be susceptible to a jedi-mind trick.

Super man has been mind controlled before by Maxwell Lord IV and was only freed from it when wonder woman snapped Lords neck, so I do believe there are grounds for Super man to be susceptible to a jedi-mind trick.

A mind trick is more of a suggestion not full on mind control. Look at episode 1. Qui-Gon mind tricked Boss Nass, but couldn't mind trick Watto. Watto was opinionated and greedy and his greed was stronger than the mind trick.

Genius level? Are you sure? Anyway, I don't believe it's really a measure of intelligence that counters the Jedi mind trick. I would argue its more an ability to shrug off suggestion, willpower if you will, which Superman certainly has in spades.

Well Clark Kent is a bit of a nerd so maybe not that high, but Superman has a ton of willpower which is stronger than mind trick.

A mind trick is more of a suggestion not full on mind control. Look at episode 1. Qui-Gon mind tricked Boss Nass, but couldn't mind trick Watto. Watto was opinionated and greedy and his greed was stronger than the mind trick.

Mindtrick didnt work on Watto because his a toydarian, aka the species is immune to mind tricks.

With that being said Mind trick would definetly not work on Superman

Well Clark Kent is a bit of a nerd so maybe not that high, but Superman has a ton of willpower which is stronger than mind trick.

Batman has remarked on Superman's weak will, though. But then, compared to Batman, EVERYONE else has a weak will, except for maybe Green Lantern. lol

Batman has remarked on Superman's weak will, though. But then, compared to Batman, EVERYONE else has a weak will, except for maybe Green Lantern. lol

It's been theorized that if Batman had a Lantern ring he's be ridiculously OP. I'm not sure if they are referring strictly to his Willpower, or a combination of his genius intellect and fighting skills as well.

It's been theorized that if Batman had a Lantern ring he's be ridiculously OP. I'm not sure if they are referring strictly to his Willpower, or a combination of his genius intellect and fighting skills as well.

The Green Lantern of Earth 32 in the Multiverse is actually Bruce Wayne, and of the 3 Green Lanterns in the Arena deathmatch set up by Captain Atom/Monarch, he came the closest to actually beating Monarch. He was willing to do whatever it took to win that battle.

"Ring, disengage safeties and go to critical mass. Let's lay it all on the table..."

That said, the primary Modern Batman (Zero Hour - Final Crisis) was able to actually resist being recruited by both the Green Lantern Corps AND the Sinestro Corps.

Edited by Captain_Zone