Count Dooku

Malrus

Iv'e noticed there are always the who is the most powerful sith/jedi threads and I was thinking and was just thinking that Dooku has to be one of the best (NOT the best, I know that) but he should be right up there, I read that him and yoda were the only two known to have bested Windu in a duel, and in attack of the clones the duel he and yoda had looked pretty even. But how did he end up being beaten by Anakin

For anyone who doesn't know what to talk about in this thread, this thread is about Count Dooku's awesomness

DISCUSS!!!!!!

He was great politic leader, one of the best lightsaber duelist ever, that's a fact but Dooku's "awesomness" is another matter;p

He was a master of Makashi form but I think his best advantage was that he never get fully consumed by dark side in fight like Maul, Sidious or Vader. That makes him very dangerous opponent in lightsaber duel - he was calm, he was controlling dark side and never make any mistakes in fight. But this was good in fights with Jedi, like Yoda or Kenobi, in duel with Skywalker his best advantage has doomed him - he doesn't use full potential of dark side like Anakin did. Dooku always controls his feelings to not make mistakes, Anakin has used his feeling to make him stronger and more powerfull - and because of that I think Skywalker was the only Jedi in that time who could defeat Dooku.

He was great politic leader, one of the best lightsaber duelist ever, that's a fact but Dooku's "awesomness" is another matter;p

He was a master of Makashi form but I think his best advantage was that he never get fully consumed by dark side in fight like Maul, Sidious or Vader. That makes him very dangerous opponent in lightsaber duel - he was calm, he was controlling dark side and never make any mistakes in fight. But this was good in fights with Jedi, like Yoda or Kenobi, in duel with Skywalker his best advantage has doomed him - he doesn't use full potential of dark side like Anakin did. Dooku always controls his feelings to not make mistakes, Anakin has used his feeling to make him stronger and more powerfull - and because of that I think Skywalker was the only Jedi in that time who could defeat Dooku.

See people be more like this guy and you will go far, very good description of his awesomness, you have earned yourself a break, now be gone from from my sight before I change my mind

When I'm thinking about who would be the most powerful sith, at least to me, Dooku is more on the bottom. You can't put him up against the greats like Revan, Vader, Malgus, Plagueis, or Sideous. I'll admit he's powerful for a late blooming jedi turned sith, but up against the ones I previously mentioned? Dooku would get fried in a heartbeat.

When I'm thinking about who would be the most powerful sith, at least to me, Dooku is more on the bottom. You can't put him up against the greats like Revan, Vader, Malgus, Plagueis, or Sideous. I'll admit he's powerful for a late blooming jedi turned sith, but up against the ones I previously mentioned? Dooku would get fried in a heartbeat.

Not really, he'd most likely floor Revan and Malgus. He was one of the greatest jedi masters/swordmasters in the jedi order, him turning sith only made him deadlier. There are very few opponents, that can tango with a swordmaster and come out on top.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Not really, he'd most likely floor Revan and Malgus. He was one of the greatest jedi masters/swordmasters in the jedi order, him turning sith only made him deadlier. There are very few opponents, that can tango with a swordmaster and come out on top.

Nobody could floor Revan, unless you count players on TOR and the Emperor

Edited by ZayneDraay

Nobody could floor Revan, unless you count players on TOR and the Emperor

I will agree with the poster you replied to because of Revan is the past , hence he is known and studied and whatever he knew was more than likely perfected later by someone else.

So Dooku beating Revan is not hard to believe being Dooku having access to Jedi past history and what not , probably read about Revan and studied him. Or not ..........

Iv'e noticed there are always the who is the most powerful sith/jedi threads and I was thinking and was just thinking that Dooku has to be one of the best (NOT the best, I know that) but he should be right up there, I read that him and yoda were the only two known to have bested Windu in a duel, and in attack of the clones the duel he and yoda had looked pretty even. But how did he end up being beaten by Anakin

For anyone who doesn't know what to talk about in this thread, this thread is about Count Dooku's awesomness

DISCUSS!!!!!!

Dooku was awesome and well respected in the Jedi . I don't know who he could beat or who he couldn't . We know Anakin and Yoda beat him but we also seen him Beat Obi-Wan x2 with ease

Dooku had the best line in the trilogy, and the best delivery.

"Gentlemen, your swords please. We wouldn't want to make a mess in front of the Chancellor."

Christopher Lee for the Evil Cool pwnage. :D

I got it! His beard power was stronger then Obi-Wan's beard power!

True. The Power of the Beard was strong with him. Nearly as strong as with Kyle Katarn, but not quite. :D

Dooku though that his beard was an equal to Kyle Katarns. Kyle punished him for his heresy by making Dookus beard fail him at the moment he needed its power the most.

Dooku though that his beard was an equal to Kyle Katarns. Kyle punished him for his heresy by making Dookus beard fail him at the moment he needed its power the most.

As when Chuck Norris dared the same. However, their battle had to take place in a different universe, since that universe was destroyed by the conflict, and the Power of the Beard.

Kyle, as always, emerged victorious.

Edited by Captain_Zone

As when Chuck Norris dared the same. However, their battle had to take place in a different universe, since that universe was destroyed by the conflict, and the Power of the Beard.

Kyle, as always, emerged victorious.

And then the Reign of the Legendary No Beard Bruce Lee began.

I will agree with the poster you replied to because of Revan is the past , hence he is known and studied and whatever he knew was more than likely perfected later by someone else.

So Dooku beating Revan is not hard to believe being Dooku having access to Jedi past history and what not , probably read about Revan and studied him. Or not ..........

I don't remember Revan soiling his robes and running away from a fight like Dooku did, seriously count how many times Dooku did that. He's a good swordsman but he's a coward.

Edited by ZayneDraay

I don't remember Revan soiling his robes and running away from a fight like Dooku did, seriously count how many times Dooku did that. He's a good swordsman but he's a coward.

Hmm?

I want you to look at who he was running away from. Obi and Anakin? Do I need to explain why he fled?

Yoda? Want me to explain why he fled?

Hmm?

I want you to look at who he was running away from. Obi and Anakin? Do I need to explain why he fled?

Yoda? Want me to explain why he fled?

Easy, he fled because he's not that powerful. If you saw the clone wars tv series Dooku flees from fights on multiple occasions. Revan wouldn't, in other words Dooku is not as powerful as Revan. As I said before, Dooku's a great swordsman but a terrible general and is not as strong in the force as Revan. Not to mention the centuries of repression of force knowledge by the Jedi order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhnY8pU3rFc

Greatest scene from the animated series, may as well be renamed "Darth Tyrannus: ******"

The actual scene starts around :20 secs in, the rest before then is fan-made filler.

Count Dooku: Sup nublette?

Ventress: Sup foo?

Dooku: You is not Sith. Just a sithy.

Ventress: WTH?!?!?!?!

Dooku: Let the pwnage commence!

Good stuff! :D