The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sudden damage dropoff after upgrade

Shelrabbi

Hey all. I've long believed that there is a secret multiplier in the different end-game gear sets. That 40 power in a tionese chest is less then the same 40 power in a columni chest. The damage jumps I get when I upgrade pieces of my armor don't seem to coincide with the expected damage jumps from just the stat increases.

So I'm surprised that I'm having a serious problem with my new Rakata sniper rifle. With my columni rifle, my max crit was 5100 or so. My most level damage ability was my Series of Shots, where I was doing between 750 and 800 or so on each shot, in raid boss fights and on trash mobs.

So I get my Rakata rifle, which has the +51 accuracy, which I don't need and consider a waste of a stat. So I replace the middle slot (can't remember what it's called, but it's not the mod slot) with a +power and surge from my columni gun. I also had a +41 power crystal that I bought from the pre-order vendor in my columni gun. I switched it over to my rakata gun, replacing the crit crystal there.

My damage dropped. Severely. My max crit has gone from 5100 to 4100. My Series of Shots have gone down to 650-700. My power increased. My cunning increased. The damage on my new gun is 6 points higher than the damage on my old gun. So how the hell am I losing all this damage?

The Rakata weapons, a month or two back, had the stats of the Tionese guns. They have since been changed to reflect an upgrade to the Columni. I'm wondering, is it possible that somehow my gun is actually using Tionese numbers? Or, at the very least, has the Tionese secret multiplier?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Bonus damage is calculated from Cunning, Power, Tech Power combined. Lots of the gear is badly statted and when you upgrade using a vanilla Columi, rakata piece you can lose damage.

Ive been swapping all the mods in my columi gear so every mod and enhancement has power on it. I took a hit on cunning but the power gains outweighed the drop and bonus damage went up and therefore tooltip values went up.

Stats across the pieces is just terrible. hopefully 1.2 fixes it.

its true im not sure on the exact math of it...but i have 1850 cunning and have a higher damage range if you will then snipers with over 2100 cunning...power is to good.

U get 1 bonus dmg for every 5 Cunning and 1 bonus damage for every 4 power. Therefore power gives more bonus damage than cunning. Cunning however also affects crit.

U get 1 bonus dmg for every 5 Cunning and 1 bonus damage for every 4 power. Therefore power gives more bonus damage than cunning. Cunning however also affects crit.

yaa but the way ive been running it is at that 30% crit stack power and ive noticed extraordinary results obviously without damage meters cant test, but it works well.

yaa but the way ive been running it is at that 30% crit stack power and ive noticed extraordinary results obviously without damage meters cant test, but it works well.

Ive also been stacking pwer. All augment slots have power. All mod slots have power on them. Crit took a hit but i fugure its still at 31% and all my non crit hits now hit harder.

H

So I'm surprised that I'm having a serious problem with my new Rakata sniper rifle. With my columni rifle, my max crit was 5100 or so. My most level damage ability was my Series of Shots, where I was doing between 750 and 800 or so on each shot, in raid boss fights and on trash mobs.

Blaster rifle look like sniper rifle, maybe you bought a blaster rifle instead of a sniper rifle