I really hate waiting for elevators.

Xanikk

I've started playing elevator roulette because it makes the game less predictable.

Is that the game where you stand in an elevator and as soon as the doors part, you open your robes and flash the person/s standing on the other side and then knock them down and run away?

Cuz the Spaceport security told me not to play that game anymore.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it should be a good sign if this is the big issue people are complaining about now.

I assumed they were in the game largely as a place to be jumped by attackers in PvP or to bottleneck players going out into the various regions and provide an extra opportunity to group up.

The elevators are incredibly unsafe to use when it comes to design, I cannot imagine better death traps that inherently weren't meant to serve that purpose. Those you see in the (classic) movies tend to be walled in, as you would expect. At least the Imperial ones, I tend to forget about the other stuff. :p

But to just have to wait for a few seconds sure beat most real elevators, so the compromise is far from cruel and unnatural.

I am sure being instantly teleported everywhere at a whim would be preferable, and I am sure that's what we will get since every little piece of movement and actual interaction in the world is under constant siege forever more.

When that ultimate dream of omnidirectional instantaneous travel has been achieved, an insubstantial world of wasted environmental surroundings emerge. For when enough tiny bits of it has been eradicated, the greater whole will turn out hollow, with a lot of removed "unnecessary"parts. Until the day those parts should be found to be holding up something larger, like the illusion of working surroundings for example. That day the genre is transformed into something new, and as with all transformations there will be some that stick to the old, and some that embrace the new. But this is the old thing as far as I'm concerned, the RPG world with a few seconds wait here and there. For it is not an act of impressive faith to have to wait for a few seconds. Yet. ;)

---

Edited by Sernon

It doesn't bother me too much really. Just thought I would make my point known by posting this.

I hardly see it as needed at all. Just give us the push button elevators.

It bothered you enough to make a post about it. Don't hide your feelings and I completely disagree. The short wait time is completely trivial.

Is that the game where you stand in an elevator and as soon as the doors part, you open your robes and flash the person/s standing on the other side and then knock them down and run away?

Cuz the Spaceport security told me not to play that game anymore.....

That really made me LOL...and scared my cat.

Good one, sir. :)

Lol, I bet waiting for the boats in early EverQuest would have killed you!

I remember waiting for five or ten minutes in Butcherblock, getting on the boat. Zoning out to the ocean of tears, then being disconnected when zoning into Freeport harbour. Logging back in just in time to zone into OOT again, then later into Butcherblock and having to make the whole trip again. :D