Mandilorians

FRA_Emmerson

I've been under the assumption that Mandilorians are a different species than humans, I'm not quite sure if that's true or not... I haven't read any books on Star Wars to be honest, but just playing the KOTOR games and SWTOR, I hear a lot of mention about them and so on...

My question here is: Are Mandilorians an alien species from Humans? If so, what exactly makes them different from Humans?

Not exactly.

As quoted from the Star Wars wiki (OHBOY A WIKI QUOTE):

"The Mandalorians—known in Mando'a as the Mando'ade, or "Children of Mandalore"—were a nomadic group of clan-based people consisting of members from multiple species and multiple genders, all bound by a common culture."

So, Mandolorians are just basically a clan of warriors (mostly) that consist of multiple species including Humans. You just see more Humans than other species because...well actually I dunno why they just appear more often. But if you play the BH storyline, they'll even say when you play like a Zabrak they don't have time to make you a mandolorian. It's just basically being made part of a clan.

Well yes and no. Mandalorians nowadays are group of warriors from several species.

They are the cultural descendants of an extinct species called the Taung.

Mandalorians are not a species, they are warriors all bound by a common culture.

Edited by Kirameki

I've been under the assumption that Mandilorians are a different species than humans, I'm not quite sure if that's true or not... I haven't read any books on Star Wars to be honest, but just playing the KOTOR games and SWTOR, I hear a lot of mention about them and so on...

My question here is: Are Mandilorians an alien species from Humans? If so, what exactly makes them different from Humans?

The originals were called Tong, Taung or something like that, this may have been retconned as I read this a long time ago... in a galaxy far far away.

IB4Spellingcorrections

Lol, I almost made a comment about popping the O.P. on the head for spelling Mandalorians wrong, but I decided to forgive since it was only a letter off and it can sound like that when pronounced.

Like with comics, things in the Star Wars universe can and will be retconned (Retroactive continuity, for the unaffiliated). The whole Taung thing is true, today, but there was a time when Boba, and by association, all Mandos, were a mystery race. A good example is the Boba Fett Unmasked trading card from the early nineties: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080809044004/starwars/images/thumb/e/ef/Boba_Fett_Unmasked_Original.jpg/345px-Boba_Fett_Unmasked_Original.jpg While never confirmed as being canon, it was as acceptable as any piece of fiction on the character, since nothing was yet established.

The Mandalorians for most of the starwars universe, are a group of tribal, armored, nomads who work as mercinaries and on occasion join and start wars. AKA the coolest bunch of non-force users in the galaxy. In their origin they were started by an ancient race thousands of years before the battle of Yavin.

The Mandalorians for most of the starwars universe, are a group of tribal, armored, nomads who work as mercinaries and on occasion join and start wars. AKA the coolest bunch of non-force users in the galaxy. In their origin they were started by an ancient race thousands of years before the battle of Yavin.

Ennnnnn, not quite. The Mandalorians as we know them today (figuratively speaking) are the descendants (and those that have joined them) of the Taung's slaves that just kept the culture going after the Taung all died out.