Suggestions

CrazyOldMystic

Ill put down some things to improve the game here, but honestly none of these are easy to do, but if done they would give swtor a more longer survival rate then now.

The first is simple beast mastery, no i am not asking for something as complicated as swgs beast mastery was. Also I would like to point out to the devs, it was you guys who opened the door to this in your own story line. Simply put you have a player split his talent tree points between him and his pet. To ensure no op on the part of the Beast master. The other important item is make sure if you do take this suggestion, that the player base has access to rancors. Or the player base will eat you alive. Lastly i am not talking about mini pet companions that just follow you around. I am talking about actual pets that you name, feed, and use to tare your enemies apart. This is most fun when used with a force class.

The second item, I have said it before and ill keep saying it space needs a overhaul to something like swg space. Plain and simple you keep it a tunnel shooter its not worth 15 bucks a month. Thats not a mmo space game, thats a arcade single player space game. Not worth it. If you want to keep the tunnel shooter around too, if you put a real star wars space experience in like swg, I don't have a problem with that. I don't think most people would.

The third suggestion the ability to choose ones warzone. This random abomination of getting huttball 90 percent of the time is just plain worthless. When I play my characters in swtor they are ethere soldiers of the republic or of the Empire, THEY ARE NOT MERCS. Everything about Huttball suggest mercs. Especially with this same faction stuff. Let the player choose what he wants to do. Not be forced to do one thing or another.

Unless I see a post requesting more information ill leave it at that. I have ideas on how to put in the first two suggestions but its not worth my time to write it unless someone actually notices its.

Ill put down some things to improve the game here, but honestly none of these are easy to do, but if done they would give swtor a more longer survival rate then now.

The first is simple beast mastery, no i am not asking for something as complicated as swgs beast mastery was. Also I would like to point out to the devs, it was you guys who opened the door to this in your own story line. Simply put you have a player split his talent tree points between him and his pet. To ensure no op on the part of the Beast master. The other important item is make sure if you do take this suggestion, that the player base has access to rancors. Or the player base will eat you alive. Lastly i am not talking about mini pet companions that just follow you around. I am talking about actual pets that you name, feed, and use to tare your enemies apart. This is most fun when used with a force class.

Companions fill this roll, so that's a large "never gonna happen"

The second item, I have said it before and ill keep saying it space needs a overhaul to something like swg space. Plain and simple you keep it a tunnel shooter its not worth 15 bucks a month. Thats not a mmo space game, thats a arcade single player space game. Not worth it. If you want to keep the tunnel shooter around too, if you put a real star wars space experience in like swg, I don't have a problem with that. I don't think most people would.

Its a mini game plane and simple. its a fun way to wast time if you have nothing better 2do doubtful that they will ever change it, but there will be other mini games coming at some point in time

The third suggestion the ability to choose ones warzone. This random abomination of getting huttball 90 percent of the time is just plain worthless. When I play my characters in swtor they are ethere soldiers of the republic or of the Empire, THEY ARE NOT MERCS. Everything about Huttball suggest mercs. Especially with this same faction stuff. Let the player choose what he wants to do. Not be forced to do one thing or another.

They are in the next update

This is part of the upcoming patch. Also keep in mind that if they undertook the other two, there are not something you would likely see before the year's end.

I realize the first two suggestions is not something that can be done over night. I realize there's a small portion of the player base that likes space to waste time. What you dont know is, I know some experienced players from swg that wont play this game simply because of the poor quality of the space aspect in swtor. I also know a friend from swg, who knows his old guild mates that wont play this game because of the poor space aspect of swtor.

You have to remember three main things kept swg going, the sandbox, the space, and beast mastery. They were all vary unique, and they all portrayed the star wars universe perfectly space needs an overhaul. This game is star wars, space should be not a minor part, but a major part of the game.

I realize the first two suggestions is not something that can be done over night. I realize there's a small portion of the player base that likes space to waste time. What you dont know is, I know some experienced players from swg that wont play this game simply because of the poor quality of the space aspect in swtor. I also know a friend from swg, who knows his old guild mates that wont play this game because of the poor space aspect of swtor.

You have to remember three main things kept swg going, the sandbox, the space, and beast mastery. They were all vary unique, and they all portrayed the star wars universe perfectly space needs an overhaul. This game is star wars, space should be not a minor part, but a major part of the game.

good thing this isnt swg 2.

i too would like some more stuff to do in space, and the devs have already said they have a plan in place. however, i dont want a flight sim. that kind of gameplay doesnt belong here imo.

Take heart!

Several announcements have stated outright that the space game will be expanded and improved in the future!

I think the priority is finishing the not-quite-actually-functioning-at-launch Legacy system and class balance/regular balance for the game proper, but word so far seems to indicate that current space combat is only a tiny fraction of what is planned!

Excitement should ensue!

Beast mastery doesn't even sound very fun in the first place, let alone the issues with it havi any chance to be part do the game design.

The tunnel shooter is fine, though yes I'd like to see a more sandbox style mode added I the future for space. But the argument of it not being worth 15 dollars a month is ridiculous. It takes up like, at the very most 5% of the game.

Choosing warzones is fne, but would only work well once they have the cross server war zone group maker.

Edited by LX_Theo

You can laugh and mock me all you want but allot of players spent a great deal of time and money creating there pets. They also enjoyed it allot. Having your own pet it just beats a companion by a long shot.

No this is not swg2 but it is Star Wars. Not ground wars. I am glad the devs said they will work on space, but what does that mean exactly? As for people being afraid of a full fledged space sim, that just goes to show why mmos are dying left and right now and days. People dont want to work for anything at all. On that last point I am not asking for a complicated setup of space parts, like we had in swg. I know that wont happen given lazy streak in players now and days. Players now would never settle for hunting for certain space parts for years just to re a gun or a engine. All I want is a space sim where I am flying a republic or Imperial fighter. Controlling its every move with my joystick. Victory or defeat being determined by my skill as a player and the parts my ship has. That the win or loss is NOT determined by an ability in game. By parts I mean it can be a simple system if thats what the devs want.

Being able to choose a warzone well Ive already wrote my thoughts on that, I am not a merc for hire, therefore I dont like being put in a merc warzone like huttball.

Why doesn't anyone get this? We are NOT Galaxies. Hence the moniker: THE OLD REPUBLIC.

Galaxies is dead and buried. Get over it.

It is not SWG,... however, if BioWare were to remove the SWToR space engine and drop in Jump To Light Speed (the SWG space engine)... and naturally still use the SWToR graphics for ships, space stations, etc... we'd all see smiles from a ton of players.

I want to be able to choose where to land while approaching one of a space station's several different shuttle bays... dock with other ships to combine crews... fly to the asteroid belt to mine resources... fly to and land on Kashyyyk and climb the Great Tree... build my own small,medium,or large space station... bring 2 group members to man my ship's turrets, and maybe even another officer or two that can do something useful on the bridge... or even save credits and resources to build a capital ship that can hold an entire Ops group on turrets and technical stations... so many things could make space just as popular as waiting on Carrick Station for FP groups to fill. Maybe even drop in a quality-based crafting system just for ship parts, that requires both luck and skill in mining and crafting process... with some focused effort they could turn SWToR into a space game that has some small planet-surface mini-game content you could go check out lol

Galaxies is not dead and buried ... it will live forever as the only one of its kind

:sy_republic::sy_lightside:

It is not SWG,... however, if BioWare were to remove the SWToR space engine and drop in Jump To Light Speed (the SWG space engine)... and naturally still use the SWToR graphics for ships, space stations, etc... we'd all see smiles from a ton of players.

I want to be able to choose where to land while approaching one of a space station's several different shuttle bays... dock with other ships to combine crews... fly to the asteroid belt to mine resources... fly to and land on Kashyyyk and climb the Great Tree... build my own small,medium,or large space station... bring 2 group members to man my ship's turrets, and maybe even another officer or two that can do something useful on the bridge... or even save credits and resources to build a capital ship that can hold an entire Ops group on turrets and technical stations... so many things could make space just as popular as waiting on Carrick Station for FP groups to fill. Maybe even drop in a quality-based crafting system just for ship parts, that requires both luck and skill in mining and crafting process... with some focused effort they could turn SWToR into a space game that has some small planet-surface mini-game content you could go check out lol

Galaxies is not dead and buried ... it will live forever as the only one of its kind

:sy_republic::sy_lightside:

Galaxies died with the NGE and you and I and everyone in here all know it. It was too far seeped in the dark side and will not return as a Force Ghost.

Search your feelings.

You know it to be true.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.