The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The ONLY thing OP in PvP is...

LordDelacroix

how about you stop solo quing.

solo que should be something you do to pass time until you get a team going.

mmo- massive multiplayer online. time to realize your are not alone, you cannot do anything thats worth doing by yourself.

its just like when a dude used to stealth in ilum to steal armaments when a group of 4 or 5 used to slowly but surely pick people off, then the stealth guy ************ it took 4 hours to finish the daily...

besides that rather obvious point.

the odds of you being on the same side as the premade is the same as you going against a premade. just like the odds of you getting a team that fails at pvp are the same as you going against a team that fails at pvp.

solo que or not.

Yeah, but the game shouldn't be decided by who's team the computer puts you on. Sometimes the computer does give you a team good enough to beat a premade but this is the exception more than the rule. Playing against premades is frustrating when your group is all pugs. They are more focused, have better communication means (vent/mumble vs typing), and benefit from familarity of playing with one another over long periods of time, just as any team sports player would. I would join a PVP guild on my server in a second if not for the fact that i am guilded with real life friends.

This game does missmatch you quite often. And because we have Uber gear in the game and newbs coming in from the lower levels its crazy how the computer matches you up just in random sequence reguarding gear.

Honestly though I think this whole QQ against premades and the QQ about how cross-server pvp is going to kill the "community" on each server are almost one in the same and here's why.

First you have people QQing that they go against premades and always lose. Now isn't the fact of pvp trying to use every advantage you have (excluding exploits) to win? Now isn't getting together with guildies/friends in a pre-made an obvious advantage due to instant communication and better coordination?

Second you have people QQing on how cross-server pvp is going to kill the community on the servers. Now if there was actually more of a community in this game wouldn't that mean that more people, regardless of guildies or not, roll premades? I mean if there was a sense of "community" wouldn't a good majority of WZ matches be made up of 2 4 man premades or 1 4 man premade and 4 pugs? Wouldn't a good server community promote something like this?

It just seems to me that most people don't want to take the time to actually find people to queue with and would just rather solo queue WZ's. Quite a few people in this game play solo then when they do want to find a group or pvp they QQ about not being able to find a group or they QQ about premades. Again, wouldn't a strong "community" actually make finding groups easier?

Just goes to show that most people have absolutely no idea on what they want...

Your chances of being on the same side as a premade is equal to the chances of going against them. Beating premades is also not an impossible feat, given you actually attempt to work with the teams you are given in a match.

Some premades are certainly difficult to beat, but no team is unstoppable.

Mathematically, this is not true. To illustrate, assume that groups of 4 were 50% likely to take each 4 spot on an 8 man team. Your opponent would be:

• 25% 2 groups of 4
  • 25% 0 groups of 4
  • 50% 1 group of 4.

Your side is:

• 00% 2 groups of 4.
  • 50%, 0 group of 4
  • 50% 1 group of 4

Obviously the percentage is made up and there are 2 man groups and 3 man groups as well, but the principle remains that you being there solo lowers the odds of your sides premadedness.

As an aside, I generally like playing against premades. I once played a premade that was super organized, they were focusing us down one at a time with no one slacking. If I faced that constantly I would possibly agree with the OP. But most premades can be beat by smart players.

Edited by richardya

Honestly though I think this whole QQ against premades and the QQ about how cross-server pvp is going to kill the "community" on each server are almost one in the same and here's why.

First you have people QQing that they go against premades and always lose. Now isn't the fact of pvp trying to use every advantage you have (excluding exploits) to win? Now isn't getting together with guildies/friends in a pre-made an obvious advantage due to instant communication and better coordination?

Second you have people QQing on how cross-server pvp is going to kill the community on the servers. Now if there was actually more of a community in this game wouldn't that mean that more people, regardless of guildies or not, roll premades? I mean if there was a sense of "community" wouldn't a good majority of WZ matches be made up of 2 4 man premades or 1 4 man premade and 4 pugs? Wouldn't a good server community promote something like this?

It just seems to me that most people don't want to take the time to actually find people to queue with and would just rather solo queue WZ's. Quite a few people in this game play solo then when they do want to find a group or pvp they QQ about not being able to find a group or they QQ about premades. Again, wouldn't a strong "community" actually make finding groups easier?

Just goes to show that most people have absolutely no idea on what they want...

I've played enough to know some of the PvP regulars. I just added them to my friends list. Occasionally, I'll ask them if they all want to join up. Looks like a PUG, fights like a pre-made.

Most people who are just solo queue'ing will usually not turn down a pre-made, if the person asking is known to be good at PvP.

I have helped to beat plenty of premades. I've also lost in premades.

some times good, some times bad.... it's about making "good" premades.

this is an MMO... part of the guild/buddy life, you gotta deal with it, there is no other way but to accept it or unsub... your only choices. sorry.

I've played enough to know some of the PvP regulars. I just added them to my friends list. Occasionally, I'll ask them if they all want to join up. Looks like a PUG, fights like a pre-made.

Most people who are just solo queue'ing will usually not turn down a pre-made, if the person asking is known to be good at PvP.

Yeah, but unlike most it seems, you actually will initiate a small group for pvp. It's the ones that don't bother even trying to group up yet come on the forums and complain about it are the ones I was refering too.

Premades aren't unbeatable against a pug, as most seem to say. Just seems most don't want to even take the time to group to up their chances in PvP. Their loss...my win.

Yeah, but unlike most it seems, you actually will initiate a small group for pvp. It's the ones that don't bother even trying to group up yet come on the forums and complain about it are the ones I was refering too.

Premades aren't unbeatable against a pug, as most seem to say. Just seems most don't want to even take the time to group to up their chances in PvP. Their loss...my win.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. My guild is mostly PvE, so I started to socialize a bit with some players I thought played well.

Some people should try it lol.