Is 1.2 actually balanced?

AmentutankhAmun

People smarter than me will tell you, balance is an illusion. It's a moving target that is hard to hit even with static situational parameters, much less with dynamic situations.

If you like to play, play. If you don't like to play, don't. In most cases, the devs seem to be making good faith efforts to make and keep the game fun for the majority of players. You can't please everyone all of the time, so pick your preferences, and see if the game meets them. Suggest improvements that you think will make the game better for most people in the proper venues, and have a little patience, the game is less than 4 months old by my reckoning.

as above really. its a forever moving target that'll never be truly reached.

there will be balance changes constantly throughout the life of the game.

from my pov im getting worried. the main classes that whoop my *** in pvp are getting buffs whilst im (sage) is getting nurfed. i cant see how that works but hey.. proof is in the pudding i guess and i wont know until it hits.

at which time im sure the 100s of sage/sorc players will flood the forums make their upset known and something will be done :)

People smarter than me will tell you, balance is an illusion. It's a moving target that is hard to hit even with static situational parameters, much less with dynamic situations.

If you like to play, play. If you don't like to play, don't. In most cases, the devs seem to be making good faith efforts to make and keep the game fun for the majority of players. You can't please everyone all of the time, so pick your preferences, and see if the game meets them. Suggest improvements that you think will make the game better for most people in the proper venues, and have a little patience, the game is less than 4 months old by my reckoning.

if your so smart you should be developing the game.

if your so smart you should be developing the game.

Game development today is (generally) not driven by intelligence. It is driven by metrics, advertising and return on investment.

Edited by irdc

I think Live is pretty balanced, actually. Some classes have some advantages, but Id rather leave them and learn how to counter them instead of having it change every patch.

Of course you could argue that constantly having to pay attention and relearn who can do what, and readjust your strategies, could be considered a difficulty "feature" too.

In the end I dont really give a s*** which class is currently slightly OP, I play for fun and I play my class because I enjoy it.

^ what those guys said.

There is no balance, there is only F'sOTM

Through FotM, I gain Power...