High Level Gear

Golzar

Hey Guys,

So the reason for this post is twofold:

1) To give feedback to Bioware

2) To get some clarity from some of you hardcore guys on how endgame gear works

I've been an art director and concept artist for 10 years or so working in console games. I mention this only for context - I fully accept that everything I'm about to say is subjective.

I think BW did a fantastic job of capturing the 'Star Wars' feel in their gear and character progression, that is, right up until endgame. The Tionese+ stuff marks a real departure from what I consider to be the essential DNA of the franchise, and takes on a much more flowery 'operatic' vibe. To me at least, the powerful iconography that makes star wars so compelling lies in the simplicity of their designs, and the way technology is contrasted with conventional, often rugged garb. I find myself uninterested in acquiring the endgame stuff because I think my BH looks awesome as-is: She's rugged, banged up, but tough looking, and could easily slip into the films without anyone batting an eye. I don't want to look like a martian spartan warrior with toothpicks sticking out of my back! I recognize that a forum post will not have any effect on much of anything, but I'm throwing it out there in the off chance that post 1.2 stuff will return to a less medieval vibe.

Part 2: Help! I'm hoping some of you who are more knowledgable about how the endgame stuff works can advise me on how to preserve my current look (all orange stuff, modded as best as I can) and make it viable for the elite flashpoinnts and ops? Is there anyway to keep oranges specc'd up so I don't have to trudge around in Tio/Col/Rak?

Thanks guys!

Yea, I stopped doing hard modes because I HATE the consular's outfits... I will redo my end game stuff in my Orange gear.

To answer Part 2. Yes, you get a set of gloves from a HM, you unslot all the items from them and slot them in your OJ gloves of your choice.

From what I understand, the "armoring" piece will only slot in an item of the same type. Gloves <--> Gloves. The mods and enhancements will like remain neutral (as they are now).

Any guild that "requires" you to wear the real set for set bonuses... are nerds.

Edited by FooBard

Ok cool, I noticed when trying to yank stuff out of my tionese gloves last night that it cost 14k! for one mod! Is there any way to mitigate that cost? Does using the crafting bench actually make it cheaper (I've never used those things - just do it on the fly)

Ok cool, I noticed when trying to yank stuff out of my tionese gloves last night that it cost 14k! for one mod! Is there any way to mitigate that cost?

No, it's going to cost you out the wahzoo... So pick your OJ item you want carefully.

If you took a full suit of HM gear and yank all the items out of them, with the armoring mods being added, it's going to cost > 1M credits. So do your dailies and save up.

Edited by FooBard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.