The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Tried my hand at a build 21/20/0 (cigar city mafia spec)

Nydar

This is my first time, so be gentle. I haven't had a chance to play it, but I was wondering if you think it'd be effective. Since they're killing the parakeet figured we needed another hybrid with a goofey name. :)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbbRboZrsMrobc.1

So, i edited this; really should have thought about it some before posting it initially, anyways, think its done now.

Edited by Nydar

This is my first time, so be gentle. I haven't had a chance to play it, but I was wondering if you think it'd be effective. Since they're killing the parakeet figured we needed another hybrid with a goofey name. :)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbbRboZrsMrobc.1

So, i edited this; really should have thought about it some before posting it initially, anyways, think its done now.

Yes Nydar, you are a God, your build is superlative and without fail!!

:)

I'm assuming this is a pvp build with the points in no escape and neutral overload? I like the thought but I'm a little bit confused on what you trying to accomplish? A hard hitting rocket punch with dots? In my opinion you have some points that could be better suited elsewhere. If you want maximum RP damage you defiantly need to pick up flame surge and iron fist. If you aren't buffing RP then you should drop flame barrage. There isn't really a reason to worry about super bad heat issues in pvp; especially if you already have shield vents. I would consider putting them into rebraced armor, power armor, or maybe ion screen. It looks like a decent spec i will try it out but its going to take a lot for me to give up my "head shot" spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMZfhrbzGhM.1

Edited by Zooke

I do not know what is the reason behind the obsession of creating a hybrid spec for PTs, specifically one to "replace" the parakeet.

First of all, you cant replace the parakeet. It was an OP build, that now with the changes, cant not be duplicated. There isnt any combination that you can come up with that would give you the survivability and damage output of the parakeet.

That being said, as of 1.2 deep ST, deep pyro, or even deep AP, are all more viable than anything hybrid you can come up with.

Deep ST is useless for pvp, which is why the obsession with hybrids, there are some things in the tank tree I actually want, but not enough to justify going 30 deep. I was looking at ironfist which is what I am probably going to go with, but as I was messing around today I was like why not take all those pyro points and put them into AP and see how it plays. I was basically trying to get free rocket punches with dots and keep some of the tank tree stuff while i was at it.

I would like to thank everyone for their input. vive cigar city baby. :)

I'm assuming this is a pvp build with the points in no escape and neutral overload? I like the thought but I'm a little bit confused on what you trying to accomplish? A hard hitting rocket punch with dots? In my opinion you have some points that could be better suited elsewhere. If you want maximum RP damage you defiantly need to pick up flame surge and iron fist. If you aren't buffing RP then you should drop flame barrage. There isn't really a reason to worry about super bad heat issues in pvp; especially if you already have shield vents. I would consider putting them into rebraced armor, power armor, or maybe ion screen. It looks like a decent spec i will try it out but its going to take a lot for me to give up my "head shot" spec.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMZfhrbzGhM.1

Yeah, it's for pvp, I have watched people in ironfist tank HMs so I wasn't too worried about going deep ST>

Personally I prefer This. Gives more damage reduction, and keeps my rocket punch crits hitting hard.

I like that spec alot, it may be what I end up going with, but i'd take the points out of power armor and put them into quell especially post 1.2

Deep ST is useless for pvp, which is why the obsession with hybrids, there are some things in the tank tree I actually want, but not enough to justify going 30 deep. I was looking at ironfist which is what I am probably going to go with, but as I was messing around today I was like why not take all those pyro points and put them into AP and see how it plays. I was basically trying to get free rocket punches with dots and keep some of the tank tree stuff while i was at it.

I would like to thank everyone for their input. vive cigar city baby. :)

LOL ok, if you're telling me that something like this build is useless in WZ, then good luck to you in rated WZ post 1.2

http://r2-db.com/skill-tree/calculator/9/bounty-hunter/powertech#build=fdfe6cedd831c0000000c00000000

Not really a hybrid spec, but http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbbMrozZMcRMoZbcb.1 seems to be a more rounded 'pvp tank' kind of spec.

Still not too sure on the AP spend, but think GAJ is definitely worth the 7 points. For a tanky spec I'm not sure hitman will offer any benefits, it's not like we'll be trying to kill healers anyway. More like protecting your own healers. With GAJ and Shield vent's we'll be like the duracell bunny whilst we're taking a beating.

As for RB, it seems like a decent point spend. I had contemplated combust, especially when combined with taunt, but think you need to have a bit more in your locker dmg wise to draw people into hitting you rather than ignoring you.

Contemplating mixing up the 2 piece CT and SC bonuses, but think overall a DPS set such as CT might be as useful as the SC set, bearing in mind shield mitigation in pvp.

Obviously this would be an ok PvE tanking build, but no use at all for PvE dps. (Currently off tank as pyro for HM's, seems to work ok in most cases and be a much more balanced PvE spec)

generally agreed upon that all the points past hitman in your build here are underpowered. I would only do that build without jet charge, and use prototype FT and hydraulic overrides. no way to get full no escape & flame shield though you have to take that point for HO

LOL ok, if you're telling me that something like this build is useless in WZ, then good luck to you in rated WZ post 1.2

http://r2-db.com/skill-tree/calculator/9/bounty-hunter/powertech#build=fdfe6cedd831c0000000c00000000

You did see where I said it was like my first attempt ever, right? And yet you continue to be a condescending *****, most likely because you take this game, and probably yourself, a little bit too seriously.

Edited by Nydar

generally agreed upon that all the points past hitman in your build here are underpowered. I would only do that build without jet charge, and use prototype FT and hydraulic overrides. no way to get full no escape & flame shield though you have to take that point for HO

The whole point was to keep jet charge. If I can't have it i'd just as soon go full AP.

You did see where I said it was like my first attempt ever, right? And yet you continue to be a condescending *****, most likely because you take this game, and probably yourself, a little bit too seriously.

You serious? do you just want to jump on my case for pointing your flawed logic? I quoted your ENTIRE post. You want me to respond to you based on ALL the posts you submitted on this thread?

You said that Deep ST is useless. That is a STATEMENT of "fact". You didnt say, I feel that deep ST is useless, but I could be wrong since this is my first time. Dude, you're the one taking things way too seriously, whenever someone just step on your fingernail. If you are going to make completely false statements, regardless of whether your new or not, then be prepared to have someone come here and completely dismiss your flawed logic.

You serious? do you just want to jump on my case for pointing your flawed logic? I quoted your ENTIRE post. You want me to respond to you based on ALL the posts you submitted on this thread?

You said that Deep ST is useless. That is a STATEMENT of "fact". You didnt say, I feel that deep ST is useless, but I could be wrong since this is my first time. Dude, you're the one taking things way too seriously, whenever someone just step on your fingernail. If you are going to make completely false statements, regardless of whether your new or not, then be prepared to have someone come here and completely dismiss your flawed logic.

lol see what I mean, seriously just ignore me man.

Basically that's nearly the spec I was using the past few weeks--- basically hitman Iron fist

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrzRroMZrzrroZb.1

You just don't waste the points after RB. Gets no escape, hitman, and is the iron fist spec.

When you remember to add expl dart and flamethrower for damage while things are cooldown, it's solid. I'm dealing no less damage than when I was running around with 23/0/17

Basically that's nearly the spec I was using the past few weeks--- basically hitman Iron fist

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrzRroMZrzrroZb.1

You just don't waste the points after RB. Gets no escape, hitman, and is the iron fist spec.

When you remember to add expl dart and flamethrower for damage while things are cooldown, it's solid. I'm dealing no less damage than when I was running around with 23/0/17

So, basically what you have there is ironfist, yes? I was considering going with something like that after 1.2, but I heard they've changed our talent trees as well, so who knows.

I think one reason ironfist appeals to me so much is that I have all eliminator gear due to my CP spec, ironfist I've been told uses the same gear.

I suggest you read Taugrim's guide a the top of the forum because he outlines which gear is best depending on your spec. In the case of the Ironfist spec, combat tech or supercommando armor suits it better.

I suggest you read Taugrim's guide a the top of the forum because he outlines which gear is best depending on your spec. In the case of the Ironfist spec, combat tech or supercommando armor suits it better.

Just so happen to have a set of super commando as well, and i looked at the stats, why would it matter? Eliminator and combat tech appear to have similar stats in different proportions.

Just so happen to have a set of super commando as well, and i looked at the stats, why would it matter? Eliminator and combat tech appear to have similar stats in different proportions.

Running the risk of offending you again.....

Eliminator is the set to use ONLY for a PPA spec. People choose the specific sets for the "set bonus" not the stats, because you can easily swap out mods to itemize the stats as you please. In the case of Eliminator, the 2pc bonus doesnt even apply to PTs, and the 4pc bonus is 15% crit to RS. Since you wont be proccing RS in any way, combat tech set bonus is way more useful for a tank spec, or even an AP spec.

Running the risk of offending you again.....

Eliminator is the set to use ONLY for a PPA spec. People choose the specific sets for the "set bonus" not the stats, because you can easily swap out mods to itemize the stats as you please. In the case of Eliminator, the 2pc bonus doesnt even apply to PTs, and the 4pc bonus is 15% crit to RS. Since you wont be proccing RS in any way, combat tech set bonus is way more useful for a tank spec, or even an AP spec.

No, see that wasn't condescending or smarmy at all, it was cordial and informational and i appreciate it.

So, I'd be better off going with my super commando set until I can get a suit of combat tech?

No, see that wasn't condescending or smarmy at all, it was cordial and informational and i appreciate it.

So, I'd be better off going with my super commando set until I can get a suit of combat tech?

For now and until 1.2 goes live, I would stay with the CP spec and the eliminator set. CP is much more effective, especially for solo pvp. After 1.2, if you will switch to a tank spec, then use the supercommando until you can get BM supercommando OR combat tech depending on which set bonus appeals to you more. If you will go with deep AP spec, then definitely combat tech.

For now and until 1.2 goes live, I would stay with the CP spec and the eliminator set. CP is much more effective, especially for solo pvp. After 1.2, if you will switch to a tank spec, then use the supercommando until you can get BM supercommando OR combat tech depending on which set bonus appeals to you more. If you will go with deep AP spec, then definitely combat tech.

No idea what the hell I am going to do yet I keep thinking I am going to go Ironfist, but I wouldn't mind going full shield, but everyone that I talk to, excluding you, tells me that is totally broken and a bad spec for pvp, but then that's just people on my server, and I can tell from reading your stuff that you've put like way more thought in to this than any of them have.

I've no idea....still....what I am going to do after 1.2. I que solo a lot, and from comments I read here AP really shines in a group, so deep AP is off the table I guess, full pyro isn't practical for me because I NEED to be able to tank in pve. So, if I want to be able to tank, and still have a solid pvp spec am I to assume that IF really is the only choice I can make?

Anyways, sorry if that rambled, I am very tired, and probably had a few too many as well.

ps sorry if I misinterpreted you earlier and was consequently rude.