Operative PvP movies valor rank 80

Endusima

I'm now done with the movies for all three different specs, shot throughout my entire "career". I started out as Lethality with **** gear and enjoyed it alot, moved on to Medicine and found it to be very powerful and finally decided to try Concealment, which was just hilarious. You got any questions just go ahead and ask!

<--Lethality

<--First Medicine movie

<--Second Medicine movie

<--Concealment movie

I'm now done with the movies for all three different specs, shot throughout my entire "career". I started out as Lethality with **** gear and enjoyed it alot, moved on to Medicine and found it to be very powerful and finally decided to try Concealment, which was just hilarious. You got any questions just go ahead and ask!

<--Lethality

<--First Medicine movie

<--Second Medicine movie

<--Concealment movie

AMAZING! love reading the commentary/tips! you know i come here to get information about my class on these forums but all i have found is comparisons of other classes/crying from a good number of threads. its good to see videos and people like you having fun on a "underpowered" class.

thank you!

AMAZING! love reading the commentary/tips! you know i come here to get information about my class on these forums but all i have found is comparisons of other classes/crying from a good number of threads. its good to see videos and people like you having fun on a "underpowered" class.

thank you!

Thank you, there is still hope for humanity, even though you are a crazy black guy.

You the videos where awesome I really liked the combat medic .

Just a general tip Ill throw in here cause I just mentioned in another thread is that even though it can be crappy/glitchy buy find the natural cover point in warzones some are stupid right out in the open on a lip but if you know them you an use them sometimes to dive a fair distance away.

I noticed on your second vid description that you went 31/10/0 full Medicine spec. I assume you grabbed Infiltrator and Scouting for improved stealth and stealth detection. Was the tradeoff there worth the loss of 4% Alacrity and 6% Crit from Deadly Directive and Lethality that Ops typically take?

I noticed on your second vid description that you went 31/10/0 full Medicine spec. I assume you grabbed Infiltrator and Scouting for improved stealth and stealth detection. Was the tradeoff there worth the loss of 4% Alacrity and 6% Crit from Deadly Directive and Lethality that Ops typically take?
People actually take the 4% alacrity?

Anyway, good vids, though I would say there's too much 1v1ing away from the ball in the Huttball matches.

Actually I grab Infiltrator and 2/3 Inclement Conditioning for the added stamina. Scouting is fairly useless as a medic spec since the only time you stay in stealth is basically when the **** hits the fan and you use your Cloaking Screen.

Personally I prefer the 31/10/0 simply because the 15% movement speed is reliable and is useful in virtually every situation. As for the 31/3/7 I do believe it is an excellent spec aswell, I'd like to point out that I personally forego the +alacrity talent and instead pick up extra damage on shiv. Both specs have their strenghts and weaknesses, you'd have to try them out both and judge for yourself.

idk about the crit but personally I find the Alacrity didn't really help my cast times. I was originally going with the stun talent in lethality for the quick sprint on stuns but im thinking the straight 15% is better.

People actually take the 4% alacrity?

I have it and enjoy it. For PvP, Alacrity is great for burst healing. For PvE, I just have to be proactive with my rotation and resource management, but I still enjoy the faster casts.

Actually I grab Infiltrator and 2/3 Inclement Conditioning for the added stamina. Scouting is fairly useless as a medic spec since the only time you stay in stealth is basically when the **** hits the fan and you use your Cloaking Screen.

That makes sense.

Personally I prefer the 31/10/0 simply because the 15% movement speed is reliable and is useful in virtually every situation. As for the 31/3/7 I do believe it is an excellent spec aswell, I'd like to point out that I personally forego the +alacrity talent and instead pick up extra damage on shiv. Both specs have their strenghts and weaknesses, you'd have to try them out both and judge for yourself.

Yeah, I noticed you were quite damage-focused at times in your video. I may respec to grab some of those damage boosts.

I definitely see the 15% stealth speed being helpful.

I recently respecced to drop Med Shield for Evasive Imperative and Chem-Resistant Inlays for Slip Away. Though I loved the +healing while shielded and overall damage reduction, I noticed that I survived best when I just kept moving. So I moved some points to see if those speed buffs would offset the higher damage I'd be taking. They do, especially Slip Away. Evasion/Evasive Imperative is mediocre so I may switch those points back into Med Shield.

Now I want to play with the calculator some more to see what I can get.

idk about the crit but personally I find the Alacrity didn't really help my cast times. I was originally going with the stun talent in lethality for the quick sprint on stuns but im thinking the straight 15% is better.

I'm really liking Slip Away. I'll play around with dropping the Alacrity. Maybe it's not helping like I'm thinking it is. :(

Edited by Thourton

The 15% movement speed applies out of stealth aswell You don't notice it when outside of combat because it does not stack with sprint but when you get stuck in combat it kicks in, making you move at 115% at all times. Dunno how it stacks with other things like Slip Away etc but it's still great.

31/10 also has the best burst DPS potential for a 31 point medicine build I've found. More than worth giving up the small across the board crit increase +16% crit on hiddenstrike backstab gives you a very solid ambush on medium/cloth armor wearers. It's a really solid and survivable build.

The 15% movement speed applies out of stealth aswell You don't notice it when outside of combat because it does not stack with sprint but when you get stuck in combat it kicks in, making you move at 115% at all times. Dunno how it stacks with other things like Slip Away etc but it's still great.

Then I'll definitely be getting that. There's no way to get Slip Away and Infiltrator without dropping beneath 31 Medicine (and I do use Nanotech enough to warrant it), but I'll gladly take +15% speed in all combat over +30% situational.

Great movies! Also great prompt for real valuable discussion about Operatives instead of just complaining!

Something I find interesting about the 4% alacrity talent - rather than giving 4% more alacrity rating as one might expect (or at least I did) it actually just makes your cast times 4% faster - so even with no Alacrity rating it takes .12 secs off of Orbital Strike and .08 secs off a talented Kolto Injection.

I've been messing with the calculator a bit, and it looks like, if you're willing to drop Recuperative Nanotech, you can get a nice, bursty and highly mobile PvP healer spec:

24/10/07

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::f5ef3e2f6ef2e2fe2fe2fefe2fefefef6ef5ef2ef4:

--

Though that looks like a lot of fun, I'll probably stick to this build so I'm more heal/defensive focused and can continue running Operations (I'm sure it's doable without Nanotech, but I like the ability and use it frequently just as a fire and forget):

31/08/02

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::f5ef3ef7ef2e2fe5fe4fe5f15ef4:

--

I am curious to see if Slip Away and Infiltrator stack. I may spec 24/10/07 for a few days just to play around with it in PvP.

What's your opinion on the set bonuses on pvp gear for a 21 or 31 point medicine spec? Are the healing ones useful or do you get dps ones?

I'm using the Enforcer 2-set combined with the Rakata 2-set. After the 1.2 when Recuperative Nanotech gets buffed along with expertise being so much stronger I will most likely run with a 2-set Enforcer and a 2-set Medic pvp set.

I've been messing with the calculator a bit, and it looks like, if you're willing to drop Recuperative Nanotech, you can get a nice, bursty and highly mobile PvP healer spec:

24/10/07

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::f5ef3e2f6ef2e2fe2fe2fefe2fefefef6ef5ef2ef4:

--

Though that looks like a lot of fun, I'll probably stick to this build so I'm more heal/defensive focused and can continue running Operations (I'm sure it's doable without Nanotech, but I like the ability and use it frequently just as a fire and forget):

31/08/02

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::f5ef3ef7ef2e2fe5fe4fe5f15ef4:

--

I am curious to see if Slip Away and Infiltrator stack. I may spec 24/10/07 for a few days just to play around with it in PvP.

I can't stress enough how much of a waste any talent related to our Diagnostic Scan is in PvP. Under no circumstances should you pick that. Also Chem-resistant Inlays is always superior to Endorphin Rush, compare a 4% damage reduction at all times to 16 extra energy every 2 min (in reality even less since you don't pop Adrenaline Probe as soon as CD is over).

I can't stress enough how much of a waste any talent related to our Diagnostic Scan is in PvP. Under no circumstances should you pick that. Also Chem-resistant Inlays is always superior to Endorphin Rush, compare a 4% damage reduction at all times to 16 extra energy every 2 min (in reality even less since you don't pop Adrenaline Probe as soon as CD is over).

I see what you're saying, but where do you put the points to get past row 4? Or do you just stop once you get to Kolto Probe (this would be purely for a burst dps/healer hybrid)?

To get Medical Engineering, you can do either Sedatives (highly situational getting someone out of combat in PvP), Precision Instruments, or Endorphin Rush. Of those, I'm going to grab Endorphin Rush every time.

I completely understand ignoring Prognosis: Critical. So I guess, to get to row 5, I'd grab Precision Instruments, especially if I'm planning to focus more on dps.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::f5ef3e2f6efe3fe2fe2fefefef2efef6ef5ef2ef4:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::f19e2f2e9fefe4f6ef5ef2ef4:

Is how my basic 31-talent tree looks like. I choose Precision Instruments over Endorphin Rush because every ability that Precision Instrument affects are abilities that I use extremely frequently. I'd go so far as to say that any Medicine build should start off with this talent configuration, if you want less points in the Medicine tree just remove points from the top. The only "no-brainer" that I consider is Endorphin Rush vs Precision Instruments but atleast for me the choice is clear.

If you are looking for a bursty, high damage build I strongly advice you to try the 30/11/0 build with Lacerate instead of Recuperative Nanotech.

Edited by Endusima

Bump in the hope that more of the QQ'ers will watch these

Your healer vid is good, kudos on that.

The concealment one, not so much, but I think you play more medic anyway.

Thanks for the tips, hope it helps some people.

Whats wrong with the concealment one? I see it being a great video. It gives you the gist of what you can do with the spec plus a few neat tricks. I am interested in finding out what gear your are using and prefer for concealment pvp. Rakata vs Battlemaster. Rakata seems like it allows you more lee-way for survivability ~17.5k hp. I run 2pc pve and t3 mh weap but I only have 15.5k unbuffed hp. A little squishy if you ask me. Operative vs Operative/Smugg dps its tougher with the loss of hp pool.

Your healer vid is good, kudos on that.

The concealment one, not so much, but I think you play more medic anyway.

Thanks for the tips, hope it helps some people.

They're not mine :)

The thing I do like about the Conc vid is that it shows we're not the 1-trick pony that people make us out to be. Most of the vid she's not in stealth, and not using double-HS which is a once-every-2-mins trick which seems to be core to most other Operative videos I've found because it puts up some nice big numbers.

Edit: I also really like the opening sequence where she re-stealths between kills .. I do this all the time, often right next to my enemies that haven't thought to tag me, but I can't count the number of times I've seen other Ops/Scound's just running to the next target like Han chasing storm troopers in A New Hope lol

Also, I just like watching the way good players use Huttball geography to their advantage. On my sorc (my first lvl 50) I didn't really examine how to use the map to my advantage because it didn't feel all that important - on my Operative I really hated the Huttball map until I picked up a few tricks from other vids that are all on display in these ones as well.

Edited by Ryemfoh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.