Normal mode gear = hardmode gear is not a good decision.

Ya the Black Hole stuff is lacking set bonus atm, but we don't know if it is intentional or a mistake.

hopefully it is intentional. Id like to see the actual OPS drops to be over all more appealing then the buy-able set. minus of course the mod switching too fine tune our gear.

Ya the Black Hole stuff is lacking set bonus atm, but we don't know if it is intentional or a mistake.

If you think about it, it looks intentional.

Currently we have:

Energized/Tionese at 126 (51 level mods)

Exotech/Columi at 136 (56 level mods)

The "off tier" pieces (energized/exotech) pieces don't have set bonuses but have the same level of internals as their Tier piece counterparts.

If blackhole isn't a drop, perhaps they're just cutting down the loot table to not include so much "junk" from dropping off the boss?

So my question is this... in story mode and Hard mode EC, is there anything besides Rakata/Campaign dropping? If not, then (at least to me) it appears that they are just moving the off tier to a vendor for purchase for 146 gear.

If that logic is sound, my second question would be.... where's the Rakata off tier equivalents?

Iandayen, thanks for that breakdown of information in this thread. Succinct and informative.

As far as the chests that have extra Black Hole Commendations, does anyone have any more info on those? I haven't seen them brought up much. Do they spawn in Story and Hard Mode EC as well as NMM KP? Any idea on what the timer is?

hopefully it is intentional. Id like to see the actual OPS drops to be over all more appealing then the buy-able set. minus of course the mod switching too fine tune our gear.

is that an overt way to suggest people grinding out tokens from weeklies shouldnt get the same rewards? lol

then again, you realize that would punish everyone right? say you managed to be the lucky guy who got 3 pieces as drops, but then you buy a 4th and dont get a set bonus...

is that an overt way to suggest people grinding out tokens from weeklies shouldnt get the same rewards? lol

then again, you realize that would punish everyone right? say you managed to be the lucky guy who got 3 pieces as drops, but then you buy a 4th and dont get a set bonus...

I don't have a problem with this.

People doing raids and killing bosses should be getting better gear than people who do not kill bosses in raids.

There needs to be something in PvE that is just better than everything else and can't be obtained in any other way.

You can get your full black hole set for 410 Commendations.

If you use a shield/focus/generator its 460 Commendations.

You get 6 commendations from the Corellia Weekly.

You get 8 Commendations from story mode full clear.

You get 16 commendations from hard mode full clear.

---------------

Full Black hole set = 14 weeks of clearing both raids and doing weekly.

16 weeks if you get the offhand.

Black hole set has no set bonuses and no Mainhand weapons. It has no damaging offhand weapons either (lightsabers/blasters/knives)

If you are clearing hard mode every week you are getting campaign gear anyways. So that's a moot point.

The Black hole gear will only have importance to those not clearing hard mode raids.

So for those not clearing hard mode raids you get 14 commendations a week.

30 weeks for a full set without shield.focus.generator

33 weeks for a full set with.

--------------------------------

There are ways to get it a bit faster - if you clear the raids fast enough chests become available to loot in the raid (3 total that we have found) that have 2 each in them for everyone - thats 6 more a week if you are clearing fast enough.

The world boss drops black hole gear if you can kill it.

33 weeks? Holy exclamation mark Batman.

I'm glad this had been cleared up - I actually confused myself at first before realising that Normal EC drops Rakata and not Black Hole.

The next bit is purely my opinion, but from what I've seen - these two sets could make for the interesting gearing up towards Best In Slot.

Looking at the Campaign gear, it seems a little bit better (and when bonus is considered - its quite a bit better for most).

However to get the 'very' best I think a mix of mods/enhancements from the Campaign and Black Hole will yield the best in slot stats (depending on your role and what you're gearing for etc.)

And just keep the armourings from the campaign gear for the bonus (4 of them atleast). It may seem silly but honestly I like it - leaves something for us to slowly work towards, not just having full Campaign gear etc.

This is my understanding anyways, that if we want the 'very best' a bit of personal tweaking with the mods/enhancements is needed. Afterall why else would they give us all the customization options, other than appearance of gear.

How many weeks to get a set of end game armor that doesn't look terrible?

personally, as an assasin for a main and a powertech as my primary alt, I love the new armor looks. Ill be the first to admit that it looks bad for a sorc.

However, IMO that is the only times I think it looks bad. When two AC's share the same look and have woefully different roles.