Normal mode gear = hardmode gear is not a good decision.

Itemization and the rate/how you acquire gears is one biggest mistake of swtor. Please do not have normal mode drop the same item level as hardmode. Blackhole gear atm is ilvl 146 and campaign gear (acquire in hardmode) is also ilvl 146. Edited by Creopolus

Black Hole gear doesn't drop its bought using the Black hole commendations. witch drop from nightmare mode's of the old operation and normal mode of the new explosive conflict operation. the amount of commendations it takes are 30+ per peace and you can only get about 30-40 a WEEK so one peace a week is a fair trade off imo.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/01/1-2-endgame-pve-gear-full-set-stat-comparisons/

Black Hole gear doesn't drop its bought using the Black hole commendations. witch drop from nightmare mode's of the old operation and normal mode of the new explosive conflict operation. the amount of commendations it takes are 30+ per peace and you can only get about 30-40 a WEEK so one peace a week is a fair trade off imo.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/01/1-2-endgame-pve-gear-full-set-stat-comparisons/

That's not totally accurate. Unless it's changed, when Cali Killed Nox killed the Nightmare Pilgrim he dropped Black Hole implants directly. I believe Draxxen reverse engineered one and has the pattern.

Nightmare Pilgrim is not apart of the new operation, its a world boss on voss that's equivalent to hard mode explosive content.

Fair enough, but I was responding to your statement saying, "Black Hole gear doesn't drop its bought using the Black hole commendations." You didn't make any distinction between the operation and a world boss, both of which, are current end game sources of gear that are new in 1.2. Unless I'm mistaken, Black Hole Implants qualify as "Black Hole Gear." =)

Edited by Seront

Fair enough, but I was responding to your statement saying, "Black Hole gear doesn't drop its bought using the Black hole commendations." You didn't make any distinction between the operation and a world boss, both of which, are current end game sources of gear that are new in 1.2. Unless I'm mistaken, Black Hole Implants qualify as "Black Hole Gear." =)

Yes you are correct about the implants

however I have yet to see any body mention the armor peaces dropping from any boss "normal or other wise". so at this point the only KNOWN way of getting the ARMOR peaces is from the commendations.

Edited by Elirawr

You don't get black hole comms from corellia dailies, only the weekly there - and that gives 6 commendations. On top of that there are only like 5 dailies in Corellia.

story mode Explosive Conflict drops Rakata gear and each boss drops 2 black hole commendations.

Hard mode Explosive Conflict drops Campaign gear and each boss drops 4 black hole commendations.

Black hole gear has the same item level as campaign - but it does not have any set bonuses.

I love how people run rampant with bad knowledge.

If you don't know first hand then don't open your mouth. All you are doing is spreading misinformation. If you have a question ask someone who is actually testing on the PTR.

Edited by Iandayen

Someone please explain the progression in 1.2? I am confused. I would think that the new op story mode drops either rakata or black hole gear. But it drops only rakata gear with the comms being black hole? You can get the full set of the new gear from dailies in 14 weeks or less when you are running the normal and hard mode ops of the new content.

What kind of operation progression system is this? Lazy Progression?

Someone please explain the progression in 1.2? I am confused. I would think that the new op story mode drops either rakata or black hole gear. But it drops only rakata gear with the comms being black hole? You can get the full set of the new gear from dailies in 14 weeks or less when you are running the normal and hard mode ops of the new content.

Did you even read my post at all?

That's not totally accurate. Unless it's changed, when Cali Killed Nox killed the Nightmare Pilgrim he dropped Black Hole implants directly. I believe Draxxen reverse engineered one and has the pattern.

It did drop it directly, and one of our raiders RE'd it for the pattern. Nightmare Pilgrim also dropped campaign boots.

Hardmode flashpoints, Storymode EV & KP are the same tier (tionese drops, columi tokens. requires nothing) Hardmode EV, kp & story mode explosive content (new op) same tier (columi drops, rakata tokens, requires columi) Hardmode explosive content (new op) next tear (rakata drops, campaign tokens, requires rakata)

Blackhole gear is sort off a "bonus" set designed to help get the gear you're missing if you have bad luck with drops or rolls or fail ops groups

Edited by Elirawr

You can get your full black hole set for 410 Commendations.

If you use a shield/focus/generator its 460 Commendations.

You get 6 commendations from the Corellia Weekly.

You get 8 Commendations from story mode full clear.

You get 16 commendations from hard mode full clear.

---------------

Full Black hole set = 14 weeks of clearing both raids and doing weekly.

16 weeks if you get the offhand.

Black hole set has no set bonuses and no Mainhand weapons. It has no damaging offhand weapons either (lightsabers/blasters/knives)

If you are clearing hard mode every week you are getting campaign gear anyways. So that's a moot point.

The Black hole gear will only have importance to those not clearing hard mode raids.

So for those not clearing hard mode raids you get 14 commendations a week.

30 weeks for a full set without shield.focus.generator

33 weeks for a full set with.

--------------------------------

There are ways to get it a bit faster - if you clear the raids fast enough chests become available to loot in the raid (3 total that we have found) that have 2 each in them for everyone - thats 6 more a week if you are clearing fast enough.

The world boss drops black hole gear if you can kill it.

Hardmode flashpoints, Storymode EV & KP are the same tier (tionese drops, columi tokens. requires nothing) Hardmode EV, kp & story mode explosive content (new op) same tier (columi drops, rakata tokens, requires columi) Hardmode explosive content (new op) next tear (rakata drops, campaign tokens, requires rakata)

Blackhole gear is sort off a "bonus" set designed to help get the gear you're missing if you have bad luck with drops or rolls or fail ops groups

THanks all for clearing that up. It is a bit confusing.

Also thanks Iandayen for explaining it.

Edited by Dramion

Didn't see any progression operations with in that post. slightly better gear for what progression. Oh I know gear for companions that is the new progression.

The new campaign gear does that have new bonuses on it? If not it is not progression at all other then slightly better stats.

So if you have full rakata you can do the new hard mode op and start collecting that "new" gear for the next operation to come out in 3 months.

I personally wouldn't drop my 4 set bonus for black hole gear that does not give a bonus. Of course the implants and earpiece will be what to get from black hole.

there are 2 "sets" black hole & campaign one has the set bonus and drops in hardmode EC in the form of tokens (campaign) and the other (black hole) must be bought with commendations

Edited by Elirawr

Didn't see any progression operations with in that post. slightly better gear for what progression. Oh I know gear for companions that is the new progression.

The new campaign gear does that have new bonuses on it? If not it is not progression at all other then slightly better stats.

So if you have full rakata you can do the new hard mode op and start collecting that "new" gear for the next operation to come out in 3 months.

I personally wouldn't drop my 4 set bonus for black hole gear that does not give a bonus. Of course the implants and earpiece will be what to get from black hole.

Campaign gear has the same set bonuses - which is fine because the set bonuses are pretty much the best I could ever want - for my class at least.

And rank 61 mods are nothing to laugh at - especially considering that crit chance got a steeper curve along with some other things. So having more of it is going to be necessary.

You are also getting more of your main stat, more endurance, more of everything all around.

Black hole gear has the same item level as campaign - but it does not have any set bonuses.

Are your sure of that ? :(

I want to farm PvE armoring for my PvP set, and expect to get them with BH coms... But if there is no bonus set on BH set, its useless then :mad:

I want to farm PvE armoring for my PvP set, and expect to get them with BH coms... But if there is no bonus set on BH set, its useless then :mad:

You cannot RE armoring with set bonuses on them

EDIT

never mind miss read

Edited by Elirawr

100%

I am on the PTR as a tester.

And I am looking at them now.

You don't get black hole comms from corellia dailies, only the weekly there - and that gives 6 commendations. On top of that there are only like 5 dailies in Corellia.

story mode Explosive Conflict drops Rakata gear and each boss drops 2 black hole commendations.

Hard mode Explosive Conflict drops Campaign gear and each boss drops 4 black hole commendations.

I love how people run rampant with bad knowledge.

If you don't know first hand then don't open your mouth. All you are doing is spreading misinformation. If you have a question ask someone who is actually testing on the PTR.

my information came from PTS, I didnt have my 50 copied so I went off that data from level 50s I was speaking with while testing. Your newer post confirms the 14 weeks, but thats with raids. thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT: Just wanted to say thanks for the write up, it's very helpful for those of us whose guild didnt transfer lol

Edited by yeux

The set bonus issue may be related to another issue on test that is keeping it from being pulled out like the devs had originally intended.

There's still another patch or two on test before 1.2, so they may add the set bonus later

Itemization and the rate/how you acquire gears is one biggest mistake of swtor. Please do not have normal mode drop the same item level as hardmode. Blackhole gear atm is ilvl 146 and campaign gear (acquire in hardmode) is also ilvl 146.

The difference is the set bonus you get. The Commendation gear does not have the set bonus. Basically like Xenotech and Columi. or W/e the equivilent is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.