first BM purchase.

ENIGMASOLVED

So I recently acheived 60 valor. My question is where do you think I should spend my tokens?

All my gear is champion except for my weapon which is Centurion. I run Ironfist with Combat Tech gear (accuracy swapped out where I can).

So I was thinking my best bet would try to get the BM weapon first, since it is the biggest upgrade. I was also thinking of grabbing the Tank blaster for the endurance. Any sugestions on this?

Again, I appreacite opinions and help.

Thanks

So I recently acheived 60 valor. My question is where do you think I should spend my tokens?

All my gear is champion except for my weapon which is Centurion. I run Ironfist with Combat Tech gear (accuracy swapped out where I can).

So I was thinking my best bet would try to get the BM weapon first, since it is the biggest upgrade. I was also thinking of grabbing the Tank blaster for the endurance. Any sugestions on this?

Again, I appreacite opinions and help.

Thanks

GO with the weapon.

personally i'd get the offhand first and get the champ gun, greatest stat boost for ya.

the bm gun is only marginally better, but the 81power and 52 surge on the offhand is just amazing.

I agree.

Get offhand first or buy 1 BM token pieces first

You will get enough champ tokens to buy the champ weapon.

Edited by Inayat

I'm not online right now so my memory of the stats might be off, BUT...

Centurion off-hand costs one-third of the Centurion weapon.

Champion off-hand costs one-third of the Champion weapon.

Battlemaster off-hand costs the same as Battlemaster weapon.

I'm guessing they accidentally tripled the price of the Battlemaster offhand. Get that piece last. It's a ripoff, relatively speaking.

Also, don't let your current gear determine which BM pieces to get first. Now that you're BM, Champion comms will start pouring in so fast you won't know what to do with them. Therefore, assume that every slot will be Champion gear at least in a very short time.

while shields aren't effective. they are for tanks adding that extra survivability.

shields only activate on normal (white) damage in pvp. my vanguard tactics spec has 2 abilities that use white damage (hammer shot, hib) and 6 that dont (fire pulse, ion pulse, sticky grenade, stockstrike, gut, pulse cannon). if you were to fight me using a shield the chance that you would have it trigger is very very very low.

a shield in pvp adds really no extra survivability, get a power generator for pvp, shields are for pve tanking untill they make them able to proc on tech/force attacks in pvp.

I'm a few days late to the party but my recommendation wuuld be to buy the most expensive stuff in 1.2 first.

according to Dulfy, here are the current prices of BM gear in wz coms.

Mainhand - 1550

Off-hand - 1550

Chest - 1425

Head - 1075

Legs - 975

Gloves/Boots - 875

belt/ear/implants - 625

Bracers/relics - 550

With this in mind, my suggested purchase order since we know 1.2 is about 2-3 weeks away would be

MH - Biggest DPS upgrade - 3 BM coms

Chest

head

Legs

gloves/boots

Off-hand - since the offhand doesn't provide any extra armor but instead just a slight stat difference whether you're dps or tank, it's really not that great of an upgrade... Especially not one worth 3 BM coms

Anything else you can afford before 1.2

Shields proc more than you want to think in PVP. Everyone uses their "auto" attack, and especially against Snipers and Marauders/Juggs you get a lot of white damage, more so than most seem to believe. Tank spec Vanguards should have a shield generator on at all times in order to take advantage of Shield Cycler and Static Shield. It might not proc all the time, but it procs enough to be a huge help.

Sorcs and BH's will tear you to shreds no matter what armor/shield you have because of the force and tech attacks, but whether you want to admit it or not the Snipers and Marauders are the highest damage classes in the game. Your defensive stats and mechanics will help you greatly against them.

Shields proc more than you want to think in PVP. Everyone uses their "auto" attack, and especially against Snipers and Marauders/Juggs you get a lot of white damage, more so than most seem to believe. Tank spec Vanguards should have a shield generator on at all times in order to take advantage of Shield Cycler and Static Shield. It might not proc all the time, but it procs enough to be a huge help.

Sorcs and BH's will tear you to shreds no matter what armor/shield you have because of the force and tech attacks, but whether you want to admit it or not the Snipers and Marauders are the highest damage classes in the game. Your defensive stats and mechanics will help you greatly against them.

so out of 8 AC's you're saying that the shield helps against 2 which is reason enough to take it?

if it doesnt help me vs. the majority of what i'm gonna encounter then its not worth it imo.

so out of 8 AC's you're saying that the shield helps against 2 which is reason enough to take it?

if it doesnt help me vs. the majority of what i'm gonna encounter then its not worth it imo.

No I'm saying everyone has white damage so it will proc, and the two most damaging classes in the game, which I know I personally struggle with the most, are the most affected by the Defense on gear. For my Guardian when I switched from the DPS set to the Tank set, my survival and my win % both in premades and PUGS went up significantly.

Without the combat logs, players as a whole have significantly under estimated the effectiveness of Accuracy and Defense as well as shield/absorb. People keep saying its useless but the only man who can see the numbers Mr. Georg Zoeller says its not. I prefer to listen to the one who KNOWS what he's talking about.

You make a bunch of excellent points, so I just wanted to mention that first.

Secondly, regarding what I bolded, I just want to make sure everyone understands that armor DOES mitigate versus SOME force and tech attacks. For instance, telekinetic throw and channeled lightning are kinetic damage, so they are mitigated by armor.

Armor defends against kinetic and energy attacks, which can be Force or Tech or anything else. It's all quite confusing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.