hanging back in hutball opener?

SweetOldBob

I see teammates hanging back instead of grabbing the hutball at the reset position.

I am lousy at passing, I hate having the ball, but I figure it's better for me to move it a few steps away from where the Imps want it instead of letting them get a running start. If one of my teammates goes for it, I'm glad to try to run a few steps ahead, shoot at Imps, etc., but I'll be damned if I let the Imps take the ball unopposed.

My main toon is a DPS, gunnery-spec'd comando, my son plays a Sentinel. He mentioned the need force revved up before you can do anything. I can appreciate that, but not sure that I buy it entirely.

I see teammates hanging back instead of grabbing the hutball at the reset position.

I am lousy at passing, I hate having the ball, but I figure it's better for me to move it a few steps away from where the Imps want it instead of letting them get a running start. If one of my teammates goes for it, I'm glad to try to run a few steps ahead, shoot at Imps, etc., but I'll be damned if I let the Imps take the ball unopposed.

My main toon is a DPS, gunnery-spec'd comando, my son plays a Sentinel. He mentioned the need force revved up before you can do anything. I can appreciate that, but not sure that I buy it entirely.

maruaders/sents are the best ball carriers, beat your son severely for saying that, with my defensive CDs on my marauder I can solo carry it from start to finish with no less than 50% health

maruaders/sents are the best ball carriers, beat your son severely for saying that, with my defensive CDs on my marauder I can solo carry it from start to finish with no less than 50% health

No. Just no.

Aside from tank sins/shadows, which are in fact the best ball carriers, I don't know of another class that can solo carry the hutt ball from the mid to a score unless your opponents are a short-bus kind of special.

Maras and sents are not ball carrying gods, but yes, they can carry the ball, and they shouldn't need any preperation to do so.

Edited by Celebrus

Winners want the ball.

I always grab it pop defensive CDs...advance pop stim and pray someone has gotten into position to catch a pass...after getting pushed pulled shot stunned I'm usually disappointed but sometimes I get lucky and we get a score in the first 30 seconds.

Edited by Zekeiele

My team has specific roles for people who carry, pickup, or provide jump/pass points.

I'm horrible w/ the ball. So yeah, sometimes I will sit back and let the designated pickup person or carrier get it, especially if they are close. It is a rare situation where I am the one to pickup the huttball, generally because my "zone" doesn't include the center unless I'm raining dps down from one of the catwalks.

hanging back can be an advantageous move. i do it sometimes as deception to either be ready for a pass or be ready for the enemy to pass up. its the best place for me i think, as i dont survive long in amongst other melee.

As a sentinel he might be waiting to identify the healers, as well. It really isn't necessary to hang back for that though, just go to the middle, pop Cloak of Pain to mitigate the focus fire you're going to catch, then either Camo when it gets too intense or when you see a healer use charge. Edited by Cruxe