need a high pop server

alomastro

i'm currently playing on a low pop server and having trouble getting flashpoints done due to lack of people. even during a peak point say 6pm- 10pm est on an est server, there will only be at most 20 ppl on fleet, and similar on dromund, belmorra or shadarr (20 is my highest so far). is there a way to find out the server pop so i can reroll, or can i only rely on the server statuses given on the site, which only change as ppl log in?

I rerolled on Zakkeg Beast, as my original server, Thana Vesh, is ghostville. Seriously, its bad. Then I found out Zakkeg only showed heavy because that's where the free-to-play weekend players were dropped. Now its been standard, sometimes heavy. But, really no more than 30 players in fleet and 25-30 in zone. Very hard to get a group.

I don't know what to recommend. You can guild it, sure. But the way BW has sharded the servers, you might as well stay. Stay on your server and try to find a guild. There is absolutely no reason to migrate anywhere. It's the same, everywhere.

I rerolled on Zakkeg Beast, as my original server, Thana Vesh, is ghostville. Seriously, its bad. Then I found out Zakkeg only showed heavy because that's where the free-to-play weekend players were dropped. Now its been standard, sometimes heavy. But, really no more than 30 players in fleet and 25-30 in zone. Very hard to get a group.

I don't know what to recommend. You can guild it, sure. But the way BW has sharded the servers, you might as well stay. Stay on your server and try to find a guild. There is absolutely no reason to migrate anywhere. It's the same, everywhere.

That server is always Heavy/Very heavy and quite a few on fleet over 100+ at peak times... not sure where you get your numbers at...

I get 50-60 on fleet on low pop servers also... again no clue where your numbers come from...

Barring the Fatman and Ajunta Pall of course. I'm in a good PvP and raid guild on my server so I can still generally find people to do things with, but I've seen a steady decline in peeps online at any given time week by week. Manage server populations better plz BW.

That server is always Heavy/Very heavy and quite a few on fleet over 100+ at peak times... not sure where you get your numbers at...

I get 50-60 on fleet on low pop servers also... again no clue where your numbers come from...

I rarely see 50-60 on fleet. I'm playing Rep, btw. But again, I could be on a different shard than you. Its hard to be scientific about this because we aren't always on the same partition, or shard, or whatever you want to call it. I will say I saw 100+ on Coruscant a couple weekends ago, but I think that was free weekend, when I rerolled.

Also, the times when I log in may be different. I'm on EST, having started on an east coast server. So, my 9-10pm playtime may be your dinner time, depending on what time zone you are in.

But the core problem is the sharding. You may see 50 when I see 30, or 20, and vice-versa. BW has a very disorganized way of gathering community together, which makes no sense since they have a social points system.

At any rate, while your mileage may vary with respect to how many players you see in a zone at any given time, you're only seeing a small fraction. Out of 1.7 million subs claimed, we're seeing 0.00294% of the player base at any one time, if on average you see 50 players per zone. And that's being generous. That's crazy. For a brand-new mmo, that's Vanguard pop.

So, back to the op, where are they gonna go to find a large group? I don't see it.

I rerolled to Jedi Covenant from a low pop server, and I'm very happy with it.

Good population in virtually every zone.

Weekends you are looking at 100-150 on the Republic fleet.

Weekday nights usually between 80-120.

Edited by Akash

Like some others already posted, The Fatman is a pretty good bet. Most weekends the fleet is usually a full 300 and 20 or so on (2). Although that does cause some significant lag which can get pretty annoying.