BH/trooper getting boned in 1.2

radbass

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are also increasing the channel time for tracer and i think i read that they are adding a short cooldown to "encourage more diversity in the playstyle" or some bs.

my point exactly is that the arsenal tree still requires the spamming of tracer. which means a 10% tracer nerf is a 10% nerf to the entire spec.

no... just no.....

* -3% crit absoutly a nerf ( but in line with everyone else)

* -10% tracer dmg yea bad but more unloads which DOES MORE DMG THAN TRACER is more heat effective and looks a hell of alot cooler

* +10% heat seeker dmg (13% really due to heat sigs) so 5k medals in wz's easy as pie

* Jet booste is a pretty big PVP nerf the sky isnt falling just tracer spammers wont be as effective but overall we are higher dmg in PVE and the same just different in PVP

* 5% less shield another father large PVP nerf meh in PVE

unless the claims of larger than 10% reduction of tracer are true but i havnt had much chance to test yet

Just do some maths : With adrenals, relic, +25% crit buff, getting 3 procs in a row (4 HiBs (4k+ crit) + incendiary DoTs + assault plastique (4k crit) + SS (2.5k crit) + 2 IPs (2k crit)) = approx. 25k + damage in approx. 7 GCD. OP.

People here are looking at this like it's completely gonna kill the spec. It's not.

merc could do the same dmg tracer tracer tracer (average 3.5k crit) heatseeker 4.5k crit unload 7-8k crit 22k dmg with crits with only one proc

and those numbers are conservative pre 1.2 i would hit 4k tracers and easily break 3k on an unload crit and did occasionally break 5k on heatseeker

tracer unload tracer unload heatseeker 3.5 + 8k + 3.5 + 8k +4k more likely in 1.2 now for even more dmg

so its exactly the same possibility of stupid burst which if anything had been increased on the merc but lowered on the PT

the PT change basically makes 1v1 the same double RS crit + crit TD + dots its good game most of the time anyway all the change does it lower the PT's ability to fight for long periods of time due to heat

Totally off topic

I wish they made flamethrower on the run after a proc from immolate or something then AP would be an awesome line

Edited by DarthVallik

My biggest problem with the tracer missile nerf is both the fact that they increased the heat cost and removed the fact that you could use another BHs heat sigs as well due to the fact that in raids that came in very handy. You could increase the dmg you do to your target by having another arsenal BH in your raid group. I know in PVP it would seem unfair but I believe that raiders got slightly screwed over. Nothing you can't work out though. And everyone whining about Pyrotech's heat building up too quickly what did you expect. Pyrotech is more designed towards pvp due to its mobility, burst damage, and instant cast abilities. Also if your heat keeps maxing out then you need to find a new more heat friendly rotation. Edited by Sserratus