New X-Wing Game in Development?

Wouldn't admit to that around the more disgruntled Mass Effect fans... might start them ranting about Buzz Aldrin's dialogue in ME3:eek:

Hey, he did a great job for a guy with very little acting experience! Also, he is a certified BMF and one of my personal heroes.

Hey, he did a great job for a guy with very little acting experience!

Hell, even his performance in the last Transformers was good.

Did better than Megan Fox in two films, and she's a professional actress!

I must confess though, the possibility for a new X-Wing game being made does fill me with a sense of hope for a revival of the series and genre. If it was good enough and sold enough.

Might even revive other series and games that have been left to the wayside!

Hell, even his performance in the last Transformers was good.

Did better than Megan Fox in two films, and she's a professional actress!

I must confess though, the possibility for a new X-Wing game being made does fill me with a sense of hope for a revival of the series and genre. If it was good enough and sold enough.

Might even revive other series and games that have been left to the wayside!

Amen to that! I'm pretty sure nearly everyone respects Buzz Aldrin, and having him at the end of ME3 was just icing on the cake to me! When Optimus Prime called him "Sir", I was like "Damn right you call him SIR." lol

I remember something about this being said in the Space Combat thread back before launch. So much speculation and wishful thinking.

I'm hoping it's a new X-Wing style game, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think so also. *IF* this thing is in development, it's going to be closer to Rogue Squadron. Nothing at all like the X-Wing series.

I think so also. *IF* this thing is in development, it's going to be closer to Rogue Squadron. Nothing at all like the X-Wing series.

And that, quite honestly, is a shame. I prefer the sim feel to the old games to the arcadeish feel of the newer games. Seriously, consoles are ruining flight games, imo.

I hope to god this is true. But I don't see how they can top the old ones. Maybe they can update them all, as well as making the original game not impossible to beat unless you have a neural link with your computer. *cough* sullustan prisoner rescue mission *cough*

And that, quite honestly, is a shame. I prefer the sim feel to the old games to the arcadeish feel of the newer games. Seriously, consoles are ruining flight games, imo.

No system power management between engines, shields, weapons.

No proper mission briefings to lend a military feel.

No configuration management like single, dual, or all 4 lasers on an X-Wing.

Or single or dual torpedo fire.

Or adjusting shields like full shields forward, aft, or even.

No shifting power between shields and weapons.

/sigh

The last Star Wars game that had anything like this for space combat, believe it or not, was SWG's "Jump to Lightspeed" space expansion pack. In starcraft customization and control, it actually far surpassed what was possible in the X-Wing series. And that pack came out in 2004 for that now dead MMORPG.

Star Wars space combat gaming hasn't been the same since.

Fixed! ;)

To be fair, some games are meant for consoles. Devil May Cry is a console game. Darksiders is a console game. I love the controller for games like those, and not having to worry about upgrading my system.

That said, some games should be PC only. Any combat flight sim. For example, Ace Combat would be awesome on PC if they fleshed it out completely.

If they were to use the JtL template from the SWG expansion to create a new X-Wing game offline with online multiplayer, that would be outstanding.

Edited by Captain_Zone

First I've heard. If so it would be freakishly amazing if it followed the X-Wing book series for a story line. Well, parts of it, anyway.

The first sim scenario that Corran Horn was flying the the first X-Wing book (the Korelev) is actually a mission from the X-Wing game!