Which Enhancement BH/Merc DPS?

ShadowAxx

I'd love to get some feedback on the effectiveness of Enhancement stats for a BH/Merc DPS build.

The choices are:

Endurance

Accuracy

Power

Endurance

Power

Surge

Endurance

Critical Rating

Surge

I have been running End/Acc/Power in all of my Columi gear but recent switched to End/Crit/Surge. I have not touched my BattleMaster gear due to possible 1.2 update issues.

I would love to get some feedback on which stats stack best for a BH/Merc DPS or Healer.

OK, here are my BH/Merc DPS "buffed" PvE stats:

Aim = 1959

Endurance = 1537

Damage Primary 7058-9188

Damage secondary 747-1386

Damage Bonus 456.8

Accuracy 97.88/107.88 (ranged)

Critical Chance 40.63

Critical Multiplier 75.77

HP 17866

Armor 4560

This is with all PvE Columi or better gear + Rakata Stim 136 aim/56 power + Hunter Boon (5% HP) + Mark of Power (Aim +5%) + Coordination (Crit +5%).

These stats are a result of stacking enhancements with crit/surge 24(56) in all armor and (2) blasters. I have (2) augments slots with +25 Aim.

I could swap enhancements to gain 6x34 (204) Power at the expense of crit/surge dropping to buffed 30%/60% with accuracy pushing 108/118. Endurance would also increase to above 19K. This would also push my Damage Primary numbers up to 8000-10100 or roughly a 10% increase in base damage. For perspective, the thermal detonator base damage would move from 2169max to just under 2500max.

I don't enough power/surge enhancements to give that a try.

So, how is my current build and what would you change for better PvE performance?

Thx

Edited by ShadowAxx

It really comes down to personal preferance and our build. For healers its not necessarily bad to stack crit as it helps with everything. Accuracy really is basically useless outside of pve. Also it depends on if you are pure pvp gear or a mix. For arsenal dps a lot tend to use 2pc pve set for the 15% crit bonus to tracer in which case I would suggest stacking power with your current stats. Keep in mind that with the agent buff and the diminishing returns on crit you probably don't want to stack it any higher. However regardless of what spec you go power is never bad if you don't have much of it.

MOAR POWER!

Thx...

I had heard un-buffed crit 35% and surge 75% were as high as you should try to stack, and then switch to stacking power. I'm wondering about dialing back crit to 30% unbuffed and adding more to power.

I need to take another look at the caps of various stats and probably wait until 1.2 drops before investing any more credits in experiments.

Thx...

I had heard un-buffed crit 35% and surge 75% were as high as you should try to stack, and then switch to stacking power. I'm wondering about dialing back crit to 30% unbuffed and adding more to power.

I need to take another look at the caps of various stats and probably wait until 1.2 drops before investing any more credits in experiments.

I would say 33% is about optimum in my opinion. Although having said that I am now trying to stack higher seeing as Hired Muscle is getting nerfed by 3%. Either way 35% will sacrifice other important stats like power and accuracy in 1.2.

I would say 33% is about optimum in my opinion. Although having said that I am now trying to stack higher seeing as Hired Muscle is getting nerfed by 3%. Either way 35% will sacrifice other important stats like power and accuracy in 1.2.

with the changes to heat crit may become MORE important (for venting heat) for arsenal, i dont know yet, but as is out of the box, i agree 33% is about right, and i am only taking surge to 70% (though that is hard to control sometimes and currently have 72%)

crits = vent heat for arsenal,

vent heat = more dps for arsenal

therefor up to the cap you choose crit > power

Aim = 1959

Endurance = 1537

Damage Primary 7058-9188

Damage Bonus 456.8

Critical Chance 40.63

HP 17866

Armor 4560

This is with all PvE Columi or better gear + Rakata Stim 136 aim/56 power + Hunter Boon (5% HP) + Mark of Power (Aim +5%) + Coordination (Crit +5%).

These stats are a result of stacking enhancements with crit/surge 24(56) in all armor and (2) blasters. I have (2) augments slots with +25 Aim.

I could swap enhancements to gain 6x34 (204) Power at the expense of crit/surge dropping to buffed 30%/60% with accuracy pushing 108/118. Endurance would also increase to above 19K. This would also push my Damage Primary numbers up to 8000-10100 or roughly a 10% increase in base damage. For perspective, the thermal detonator base damage would move from 2169max to just under 2500max.

So, how is my current build and what would you change for better PvE performance?

Thx

with the changes to heat crit may become MORE important (for venting heat) for arsenal, i dont know yet, but as is out of the box, i agree 33% is about right, and i am only taking surge to 70% (though that is hard to control sometimes and currently have 72%)

crits = vent heat for arsenal,

vent heat = more dps for arsenal

therefor up to the cap you choose crit > power

I kinda have to disagree, while what you say IS true, with the change to unload for arsenal mercs we are getting a lot more time to vent heat while channeling. So you don't really need that tiny bit of extra crit, power would be better cause it would apply to every cast where as crit only helps if well... it crits. But really at this point its just min maxing to your prefered set up, until 1.2 goes live and we have logs its still just theory. So go for whichever sounds more logical and benefical to you. Tweaking at this level is not going to greatly alter anything, were talking the difference of like 1% vers maybe 50pwr.

Aim = 1959

Endurance = 1537

Damage Primary 7058-9188

Damage Bonus 456.8

Critical Chance 40.63

HP 17866

Armor 4560

Thx

I honsetly would drop accuracy, only 3 abilities need it. Unload, rail shot, rapid shot. One of which you don't want to use if you can help it anyways. I personally am sitting at like 98.7% acc with primary, and I in months of raiding and having cleared everything in pve on live have yet to see one unload miss. Imo if you go any higher then 100%, and even that I think is kinda a waste, you are just wasting stats you could put in other areas. Your current acc is fine, so go for surge/pwr imo so you don't get excess of other stuff.

As for endurance, as you get more rakata that will go up on its own. in my pve gear I sit at about 20850hp. That is just with my self buff.

I kinda have to disagree, while what you say IS true, with the change to unload for arsenal mercs we are getting a lot more time to vent heat while channeling. So you don't really need that tiny bit of extra crit, power would be better cause it would apply to every cast where as crit only helps if well... it crits. But really at this point its just min maxing to your prefered set up, until 1.2 goes live and we have logs its still just theory. So go for whichever sounds more logical and benefical to you. Tweaking at this level is not going to greatly alter anything, were talking the difference of like 1% vers maybe 50pwr.

my post is speaking live out of the box, as i said in my post i do not know how heat is affected in 1.2

as for your post below this post, aim should NOT be dropped because unload is becoming a greater part of our dps and therefore should be at 110% in pve. In the 1.2 dps numbers post somewhere on the first page there was discussion of 1 in 6 ticks of unload missing on test with 105% accuracy, that is a HUGE loss in dps and so accuracy would be the driver to reduce that

Yes, acc will be more important. I cannot refute this, to the degree people are suggesting I think will only hinder dps depending on how much you sacrifice for it. I have yet to see a parser system which seemed highly reliabe, just several makeshift ones so I can neither reinforce or disprove this yet. However unless they raised new raid bosses def or made ninja changes missing 1 in 6 sounds wrong for 110%.

Yes, acc will be more important. I cannot refute this, to the degree people are suggesting I think will only hinder dps depending on how much you sacrifice for it. I have yet to see a parser system which seemed highly reliabe, just several makeshift ones so I can neither reinforce or disprove this yet. However unless they raised new raid bosses def or made ninja changes missing 1 in 6 sounds wrong for 110%.

his sample sizes may be the reason but 1 in 10 would be expected at 100% accuracy which is a 10% reduction in damage for our primary damage shot, in pve this would be unacceptable.

a