The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

what happend to the exile

azahna

I just grabbed my guidebook from KotOR II and I will vouch for everything she just said.

OK so I dug out my StarWars Knights Of the Old Republic II GuidBook writen by Prima

For Obsidian and LucasArts

Is that the Book we are talking about ^ If not please be more direct and I will go into my book room and try to find whatever you are talking about.

I have alot of books , alot I have no read and some I have . I am one of those people that will go out and buy things just because it was at that moment I felt like getting surrounded by it.

Gonna be on Horders one day ............

I have the Original Copy of KotoR II still in plastic and untouched and I have one open for ............MEMORIES ! Saddly I have a open used copy of KotoR I. At the time of it coming out I was not wanting to buy a Xbox for it and I was into UO and EQ1 , not alot of time for playing games outside of those :/

SO anyways in my GuidBood for SW KotoR II, nothing is said on those abilities other than if you are randomly taking them from her companions.

Now if their is another book I will go try to find it. Try to mind you that alot of Abilities and endings for both KotoR I and II are not canon and just because you played it in game does not mean that happened canon. Pages 2-32 are all about companions , everything after is about stats and walkthroughs. Atleast in KotoR I GuidBook it has 2 pages dedicated to enemies .

My book still has the Poster !

Edit: I dug up the Campaign Book , it does state she has a wide verity of powers but like I believe a poster said already in here , alot of Revan's own canon abilities were not used in the Novel . One could say because he still did not remember then until the point where he passed out . To be honest Revan's powers and hers do not seem very different in the whole Over Powered way of things , Again to my belief that Drew was not trying to make them seem like GODs in his book as if they seemed as such than it would have been a poor story .

Edited by mefit

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usually , this author killed my character and so I will stat he/she ignored canon and was bad.

KotoR II ignored alot of Canon made KotoR I but I am not here to argue that . The Fact Meetra died saving someone elses life that even in KotoR II made you believe there was a strong conection between the two , I just did not see 1 thing ignored . I think Drew did a good job on it and really Meetra did as she was intended to do.

The only thing I wished she would have done in the book , if let Revan die and kill the Emperor as I believe Revan would have let her die and went to kill the Emperor .

To be totally Honest what KotoR II did was something that was never done really before in a StarWars Universe, and made Sithlords into Super Villians out of the DC comics or Marvel Universe.

Scion a man held together by his hate and cannot die till he was ready to

Nihilus who survived a weapon that killed millions and went on to eat planets to feed his hunger

I mean yea Vitiate can be comparable but really ?!

KotoR II was a good game but really , nothing in the Revan book went against canon. Just more shortsidedness on a group of people who get upset when their characters die .

Drew was published and was responsible for the writing of KotoR I and that is the sole reason KotoR II ever came to be and if it wasn't for Bioware moving onto their own game, KotoR II would have more than likely not been about Meetra Surik at all . Obsidian made their own changes to Canon that was apart of KotoR I and there for if anything Obsidian refused to comply with Canon already established by KotoR I .

Drew just put it all back into order , kinda like how you wish Tim would do with his creation Mara Jade.

Just as usual you ignored my blatant facts that I have already stated previously in this thread.

You claim Meetra was portrayed correctly, when she clearly wasn't, you are just defending Drew out of blind fanaticism for your favourite character's creator.

And how did KotOR II ignore ANY canon established by KotOR? I'd like to see you actually provide proof instead of just stating it.

No KotOR II did not do that, Darth Nihilus did just what Sidious has already done in Dark Empire, Darth Sion is just like Darth Vader, almost un-killable.

LOL short sightedness, please, the Revan book went completely against canon and I have already given you all the examples required, I suggest you go back a page and read them before simply dismissing everything shown to you.

Yeah and if George Lucas hadn't created the Star Wars Universe we would have none of the KotOR series, but you Revan fanboys sure don't mind ignoring everything he states.

Again Drew in no way put any order into the already consistent lore for the KotOR series, he instead completely ignored the entire of KotOR II just so he could turn the Exile into Revan's personal fangirl, if you are going to continue arguing against what we have already shown as Drew's blatant ignorance, then clearly you have no handle on the matter whatsoever.

OK so I dug out my StarWars Knights Of the Old Republic II GuidBook writen by Prima

For Obsidian and LucasArts

Is that the Book we are talking about ^ If not please be more direct and I will go into my book room and try to find whatever you are talking about.

I have alot of books , alot I have no read and some I have . I am one of those people that will go out and buy things just because it was at that moment I felt like getting surrounded by it.

Gonna be on Horders one day ............

I have the Original Copy of KotoR II still in plastic and untouched and I have one open for ............MEMORIES ! Saddly I have a open used copy of KotoR I. At the time of it coming out I was not wanting to buy a Xbox for it and I was into UO and EQ1 , not alot of time for playing games outside of those :/

SO anyways in my GuidBood for SW KotoR II, nothing is said on those abilities other than if you are randomly taking them from her companions.

Now if their is another book I will go try to find it. Try to mind you that alot of Abilities and endings for both KotoR I and II are not canon and just because you played it in game does not mean that happened canon. Pages 2-32 are all about companions , everything after is about stats and walkthroughs. Atleast in KotoR I GuidBook it has 2 pages dedicated to enemies .

My book still has the Poster !

Edit: I dug up the Campaign Book , it does state she has a wide verity of powers but like I believe a poster said already in here , alot of Revan's own canon abilities were not used in the Novel . One could say because he still did not remember then until the point where he passed out . To be honest Revan's powers and hers do not seem very different in the whole Over Powered way of things , Again to my belief that Drew was not trying to make them seem like GODs in his book as if they seemed as such than it would have been a poor story .

Lol at you trying to school the Captain, hahahahaha.

Lol at you trying to school the Captain, hahahahaha.

Sooner or later, he'll stop letting his fingers override his brain. Maybe... we can only hope.

He steadfastly refuses to look up facts when we tell him where they are, and then goes and grabs the wrong book. I've given up replying to him. Got better things to do than bang my head against a wall. lol

Edited by Captain_Zone

Sooner or later, he'll stop letting his fingers override his brain. Maybe... we can only hope.

He steadfastly refuses to look up facts when we tell him where they are, and then goes and grabs the wrong book. I've given up replying to him. Got better things to do than bang my head against a wall. lol

It is almost painful just how right you are, I concur, I have some levelling to 50 to do anyway.

Here is the difference:

We aren't claiming Meetra is the be all end all of the KotOR era and making her out to be ultimate master of the force.

We are arguing the fact that Drew blatantly ignores and contradicts existing canon on the Exile in favour of cutting a promo, if you will, for the actual game, it was sloppy and badly done.

That's the problem with this level of SW canon. Games give the main character lore and powers that make Luke Skywalker look like an everyman and not a Gary Stu/Mary Sue to make and keep the game interesting to the fans and to sell the game. It's why you will have conflicts in canon.

In that regard, I could wait for GL to lose his mind, give him a wheelbarrow full of cash and get his legal permission to make a SW game.

In this game I make the main character the most powerful force user ever, he/she can go backwards and forwards in time and kills Vader,Palpatine,Yoda,Revan,Malek,Meetra and numerous others and absorbs their powers,he/she can use both sides of the Force,he/she can sneeze spaghetti that has Deathstar meatballs and starts destroying planets left and right.

Worst game in history and probably incredibly boring, but guess what, that main character and everything he/she does just became canon.

GL and LA need to take a look at the existing levels of canon and overhaul and clarify them.

Edited by Temeluchus

That's the problem with this level of SW canon. Games give the main character lore and powers that make Luke Skywalker look like an everyman and not a Gary Stu/Mary Sue to make and keep the game interesting to the fans and to sell the game. It's why you will have conflicts in canon.

In that regard, I could wait for GL to lose his mind, give him a wheelbarrow full of cash and get his legal permission to make a SW game.

In this game I make the main character the most powerful force user ever, he/she can go backwards and forwards in time and kills Vader,Palpatine,Yoda,Revan,Malek,Meetra and numerous others and absorbs their powers,he/she can use both sides of the Force,he/she can sneeze spaghetti that has Deathstar meatballs and starts destroying planets left and right.

Worst game in history and probably incredibly boring, but guess what, that main character and everything he/she does just became canon.

GL and LA need to take a look at the existing levels of canon and overhaul and clarify them.

Oh I know the game mechanics aren't canon, but she does have much less ridiculous canonical powers, as I listed earlier in the thread, actual ones she is noted to have used.

And LOL George Lucas making a game.

In reality, if there is any game in Star Wars that needs serious dumbing down it is the Force Unleashed, the novels only did half the job.

Sooner or later your bubble will burst and you and your group will turn on eachother of start going outside ......lol

Force Unleashed does get a bit crazy at times, but from what I understand all the crazy power use and what not is because the Force is out of balance and out of control due to the Jedi Purge.

So they at least tried to provide an explanation for Starkiller ripping a Star Destroyer out of the sky.

At least you see the point I was trying to make with the canon. Even if GL refuses to change or apologize for things like...Episode I-II,JarJar,etc I'd be content if he'd just put his stamp of approval down on clearly defined levels of canon and what they entail.

Just as usual you ignored my blatant facts that I have already stated previously in this thread.

You claim Meetra was portrayed correctly, when she clearly wasn't, you are just defending Drew out of blind fanaticism for your favourite character's creator.

And how did KotOR II ignore ANY canon established by KotOR? I'd like to see you actually provide proof instead of just stating it.

No KotOR II did not do that, Darth Nihilus did just what Sidious has already done in Dark Empire, Darth Sion is just like Darth Vader, almost un-killable.

LOL short sightedness, please, the Revan book went completely against canon and I have already given you all the examples required, I suggest you go back a page and read them before simply dismissing everything shown to you.

Yeah and if George Lucas hadn't created the Star Wars Universe we would have none of the KotOR series, but you Revan fanboys sure don't mind ignoring everything he states.

Again Drew in no way put any order into the already consistent lore for the KotOR series, he instead completely ignored the entire of KotOR II just so he could turn the Exile into Revan's personal fangirl, if you are going to continue arguing against what we have already shown as Drew's blatant ignorance, then clearly you have no handle on the matter whatsoever.

Oh I forget you are never wrong and every Author that defies you are blatant ignorant and everyone else has no idea what they are talking about ..........kk we got that

Rayla you can just copy and past every post you make

I hate Raven Blah Blah Blah

Drew is a Bad writer Blah Blah Blah

Karen killed Canon Blah Blah Blah

Captain will follow you ofcourse into everyone of those post head first diving into a pool of false understandings and alot of "This person killed my God and I dislike them for it"

The book was writen fine , you just cannot get past your character being put into place as even KotoR II made her into being , a one of many followers of Revan .

That sentence made absolutely no sense at all.

Rayla facts make nosense , only hating on the people who don't agree with you seem to be sense making.

Drew is a good writer and wrote a good game , and a good book that turned Revan and Meetra into people who could and did get defeated.

Dude facts can be tatooted to your hand and as long as they are something you and your fanboy group do not agree with you will argue all night and every day.

Sorry I do not hate on people who kill off characters . Meetra Surik was created by one of the worst RPG companies and made better by Drew in my opinion.

KotoR outsold KotoR II and was many levels better . If Bioware didn't make KotoR we would not be sitting here talking about Meetra or Revan period , because Obsidian is not able to come up with a good original idea , their game lineup is laughable .

Edited by mefit

Force Unleashed does get a bit crazy at times, but from what I understand all the crazy power use and what not is because the Force is out of balance and out of control due to the Jedi Purge.

So they at least tried to provide an explanation for Starkiller ripping a Star Destroyer out of the sky.

At least you see the point I was trying to make with the canon. Even if GL refuses to change or apologize for things like...Episode I-II,JarJar,etc I'd be content if he'd just put his stamp of approval down on clearly defined levels of canon and what they entail.

Yeah and what exactly was the point of Galen Marek? to quote LucasArts: "To totally kick *** with the force." in other words make some $$$$ they purposefully turned him into A 'force wrecking ball' to sell their video game, honestly it was as bad as the infinities comics IMO.

Yeah, but the problem there is, he officially retired, he could care less about Star Wars anymore, he brought out his Blu-Ray edition saga, made some money, put down ground rules for Katie his daughter and packed his bags, we are never getting that kind of confirmation from Lucas.

Yeah and what exactly was the point of Galen Marek? to quote LucasArts: "To totally kick *** with the force." in other words make some $$$$ they purposefully turned him into A 'force wrecking ball' to sell their video game, honestly it was as bad as the infinities comics IMO.

Yeah, but the problem there is, he officially retired, he could care less about Star Wars anymore, he brought out his Blu-Ray edition saga, made some money, put down ground rules for Katie his daughter and packed his bags, we are never getting that kind of confirmation from Lucas.

To be fair, the game is good as a game. Story wise, the novel is the one to go by.

He's not some "uber" Force wrecking ball who can rip star destroyers out of orbit (which he never did outside of a trailer anyway) or go toe-to-toe with Darth Sidious.

Even fighting Vader was tough for him. Tougher than depicted in the game.

However, there's really no excusing the sequel...

Edited by Meluna
rude

I'll throw a little gas on the fire. I really enjoyed playing as Revan in KOTOR and in KOTOR II I was never fully pulled into Meetra's story or impressed by her character.

Having said that, and having read other sources with them in it, Revan wouldn't make it onto my top 10 Jedi/Sith but Meetra would.

Dude facts can be tatooted to your hand and as long as they are something you and your fanboy group do not agree with you will argue all night and every day.

Sorry I do not hate on people who kill off characters . Meetra Surik was created by one of the worst RPG companies and made better by Drew in my opinion.

KotoR outsold KotoR II and was many levels better .

Thanks for revealing to everyone how biased you are and the fact that you really just hated KotOR II and are glad at what your god Drew Karpyshyn did to Surik and KotOR II.

What is hilarious is, you go on and on about how KotOR II was terrible, yet it is responsible for a massive part of Revan's story, the irony is golden.

I'll throw a little gas on the fire. I really enjoyed playing as Revan in KOTOR and in KOTOR II I was never fully pulled into Meetra's story or impressed by her character.

Having said that, and having read other sources with them in it, Revan wouldn't make it onto my top 10 Jedi/Sith but Meetra would.

Now that I am fine with, everyone has differing opinions, it is only when people allow those opinions to effect a factual debate that I get bothered.

To be fair, the game is good as a game. Story wise, the novel is the one to go by.

He's not some "uber" Force wrecking ball who can rip star destroyers out of orbit (which he never did outside of a trailer anyway) or go toe-to-toe with Darth Sidious.

Even fighting Vader was tough for him. Tougher than depicted in the game.

However, there's really no excusing the sequel...

What bothers me really is the fact, his power is never explained, usually such power with the force is only gained through very extreme circumstances, Marek was powerful for no reason, he was no Chosen One, he didn't have a thousand years of training and preparation through the Rule of Two, or nine hundred years of training, he just was powerful, no real reason either.

Now that I am fine with, everyone has differing opinions, it is only when people allow those opinions to effect a factual debate that I get bothered.

I should point out that my conversion to being a fan of Meetra's is your doing. A while back there was a post about Top 10 Jedi and Sith, people were listing Meetra and I disagreed with them.

You were posting in defense of her and you presented such a clear,concise argument that I set out to learn more about her and was surprised that she had a lot more depth and substance to her. So kudos,tip of the old cap, and thanks to you.

What bothers me really is the fact, his power is never explained, usually such power with the force is only gained through very extreme circumstances, Marek was powerful for no reason, he was no Chosen One, he didn't have a thousand years of training and preparation through the Rule of Two, or nine hundred years of training, he just was powerful, no real reason either.

Both Revan and Surik were powerful. No explanation like their both being a "Chosen One".

He was powerful, but not more powerful than Vader or Sidious.

Surik was a fast learner because of her innate Force Bonding with those around her. Even learning from the surviving Masters was faster than they anticipated. So much so, that their lack of understanding lead them to misunderstand and fear her for that.

Both Anakin and Luke were fast learners, as well as being powerful. The Sith Emperor was powerful from a young age, and so was Marek.

Sometimes some are born powerful, and others have to learn it.

They're all products of their time and circumstances, even Marek.

The only thing that disappointed me, is that the symbol of the Rebel Alliance is now the Marek family crest... That's placing too much "glory" on him.

I should point out that my conversion to being a fan of Meetra's is your doing. A while back there was a post about Top 10 Jedi and Sith, people were listing Meetra and I disagreed with them.

You were posting in defense of her and you presented such a clear,concise argument that I set out to learn more about her and was surprised that she had a lot more depth and substance to her. So kudos,tip of the old cap, and thanks to you.

I am glad I could be of help, the main reason Meetra does not get the credit she deserves was simply because she was over-shadowed by Revan all the time, and the fact KotOR II was rushed for Xmas, otherwise I imagine she would be held in a higher regard by EU fans, unfortunately, she isn't, I suppose more because she was a much more down to earth hero, with not nearly the same amount of mysticism.

Both Revan and Surik were powerful. No explanation like their both being a "Chosen One".

He was powerful, but not more powerful than Vader or Sidious.

Surik was a fast learner because of her innate Force Bonding with those around her. Even learning from the surviving Masters was faster than they anticipated. So much so, that their lack of understanding lead them to misunderstand and fear her for that.

Both Anakin and Luke were fast learners, as well as being powerful. The Sith Emperor was powerful from a young age, and so was Marek.

Sometimes some are born powerful, and others have to learn it.

They're all products of their time and circumstances, even Marek.

The only thing that disappointed me, is that the symbol of the Rebel Alliance is now the Marek family crest... That's placing too much "glory" on him.

Hmm I suppose you are right, I don't know, maybe my annoyance with the whole series of TFU is keeping me from seeing him in a clearer fashion.

Hmm I suppose you are right, I don't know, maybe my annoyance with the whole series of TFU is keeping me from seeing him in a clearer fashion.

There's not a single person who isn't guilty of this.

YOU'RE HUMAN AFTERALL!!!!!:p

I am glad I could be of help, the main reason Meetra does not get the credit she deserves was simply because she was over-shadowed by Revan all the time, and the fact KotOR II was rushed for Xmas, otherwise I imagine she would be held in a higher regard by EU fans, unfortunately, she isn't, I suppose more because she was a much more down to earth hero, with not nearly the same amount of mysticism.

Don't forget that it didn't help that KoTORII did more to boost Revan's "awesomeness" than either game.

He was still central to the story, in so far as the repercussions of his actions before and and during the Jedi Civil War, and Kreia's opinions about Revan being used as "proof" that he's sooooooo powahfulllllll.

Makes me laugh whenever I see someone quoting Kreia as "proof" that Revan was better in every way than Surik. They seem to forget that Kreia regarded Surik as her single greatest student, because she wasn't a failure or fell to the Dark Side.