Mid-Level Sentinel PvP

StarHuntr

I am a level 31 Watchman Spec Sentinel. I just got done playing a Huttball Match where we lost 3-0. This is not a complaint thread, I'm just going to ask a few questions. I consider myself to be more competent than the average player (I consistently top damage charts, but that doesn't mean anything.) However, in this particular game, I did around 170k but only got 10 kills. Generally, I average 25+. Not suprisingly, a Sage topped damage charts and kills. I am not, however, complaining that Sage/Sorcs are OP or whatever, I was just wondering whether once I get some good PvP gear do Sentinels get any better? Because, right now, I'm sick of losing at Huttball (which is my least favorite match.) Alderaan and Voidstar I consistently break 200k and 25 kills.

Basically, once I get some more experience and better PvP gear does the Sentinel get any better? Any tips, comments, and/or advice would be welcome.

I am a level 31 Watchman Spec Sentinel. I just got done playing a Huttball Match where we lost 3-0. This is not a complaint thread, I'm just going to ask a few questions. I consider myself to be more competent than the average player (I consistently top damage charts, but that doesn't mean anything.) However, in this particular game, I did around 170k but only got 10 kills. Generally, I average 25+. Not suprisingly, a Sage topped damage charts and kills. I am not, however, complaining that Sage/Sorcs are OP or whatever, I was just wondering whether once I get some good PvP gear do Sentinels get any better? Because, right now, I'm sick of losing at Huttball (which is my least favorite match.) Alderaan and Voidstar I consistently break 200k and 25 kills.

Basically, once I get some more experience and better PvP gear does the Sentinel get any better? Any tips, comments, and/or advice would be welcome.

Sent is *amazing* at your level. Its going to get even better, but you're starting to come into your own. a 50 guardian has less than half of your current survivability, and you're the best healer killer in the game right now. Are you sure you're using all your cds properly, and not wasting zen?

By kills do you mean killing blows, or team kills? The former almost in no way matters.

Edited by Cavad

I mean team kills when I say kills. I'm waiting till I have 3 stacks of OS before using Zen. I generally do much better at Alderaan and Voidstar than Huttball. I was fighting a commando healer, and I couldn't interrupt any of his heals. Force Kick was not on cooldown and I had plenty of focus. I also couldn't out DPS his healing (I was shocked, as not a single healer has been able to heal through my damage. I just feel like Sentinels aren't that great at Huttball.

I mean team kills when I say kills. I'm waiting till I have 3 stacks of OS before using Zen. I generally do much better at Alderaan and Voidstar than Huttball. I was fighting a commando healer, and I couldn't interrupt any of his heals. Force Kick was not on cooldown and I had plenty of focus. I also couldn't out DPS his healing (I was shocked, as not a single healer has been able to heal through my damage. I just feel like Sentinels aren't that great at Huttball.

Don't want to sound like i'm being a jerk, but did he have his shield up? They can't be interrupted then. Or was it just that he used different heals? Commando medics do give me the most trouble though, but i'll admit i'm not the greatest PvP guy.

I think you are right though, we are good, but not great at hutball. Leap is pretty good for getting around, so I focus more on positioning for the score than DPS, so my hutball numbers are always pretty low.

Huttball favors ranged classes. The faster you realize this the better.

As for the commando healer they can be tough to get down esp. in Huttball: knockbacks, stuns etc. Every 2min the Comm. healer can use a defensive CD which makes him take 25% less dmg for 12secs and (if he is high enough lvl) can't be interupted.

Thing is he most likely CC'ed you are he could and when things got heavy he popped the defensive CD and healed back up. !This is were you should use force stasis! He used kolto bomb (-10% dmg for 15 secs) and got the 10% extra armor buff from one of his heals.

Like sents, commando healers really start to shine from lvl 30+. They get all the juicy stuff (like most classes) when they have 20+ skills points to use.

Remember to only use your force leap when you absolutly have to - run to your targets and save it for when they knock you back.

Huttball favors ranged classes. The faster you realize this the better.

As for the commando healer they can be tough to get down esp. in Huttball: knockbacks, stuns etc. Every 2min the Comm. healer can use a defensive CD which makes him take 25% less dmg for 12secs and (if he is high enough lvl) can't be interupted.

Thing is he most likely CC'ed you are he could and when things got heavy he popped the defensive CD and healed back up. !This is were you should use force stasis! He used kolto bomb (-10% dmg for 15 secs) and got the 10% extra armor buff from one of his heals.

Like sents, commando healers really start to shine from lvl 30+. They get all the juicy stuff (like most classes) when they have 20+ skills points to use.

Remember to only use your force leap when you absolutly have to - run to your targets and save it for when they knock you back.

Thanks for the advice. He probably did have his shield up. Force Leap is rather handy in Huttball.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

Don't want to sound like i'm being a jerk, but did he have his shield up? They can't be interrupted then. Or was it just that he used different heals? Commando medics do give me the most trouble though, but i'll admit i'm not the greatest PvP guy.

I think you are right though, we are good, but not great at hutball. Leap is pretty good for getting around, so I focus more on positioning for the score than DPS, so my hutball numbers are always pretty low.

Dude I love Sentinals for huttball and if you play it right you can destroy the other team, both in carrying the ball and catching the ball carrier (team work still needed to win though).

To the OP – One thing I always do when playing any pvp is target the healers. Let the range target everyone else but you have so many defensive buffs as well as being such an awesome healer killer (including comm/merc healers) that you really can turn the tide of any fight. It might sound silly but if you go after the healer you can almost guarantee that 1 – 2 dps will target you to get you off him. Enough for your team to burst down other dps while you just keep putting huge pressure on their healer.

Force camo , healing debuff and the debuff of 90% accuracy is a god send for you. Remember to use it all the time and you will see wonders happen. The only class I have trouble with is an Operative (if they get the jump on you).

Dude I love Sentinals for huttball and if you play it right you can destroy the other team, both in carrying the ball and catching the ball carrier (team work still needed to win though).

To the OP – One thing I always do when playing any pvp is target the healers. Let the range target everyone else but you have so many defensive buffs as well as being such an awesome healer killer (including comm/merc healers) that you really can turn the tide of any fight. It might sound silly but if you go after the healer you can almost guarantee that 1 – 2 dps will target you to get you off him. Enough for your team to burst down other dps while you just keep putting huge pressure on their healer.

Force camo , healing debuff and the debuff of 90% accuracy is a god send for you. Remember to use it all the time and you will see wonders happen. The only class I have trouble with is an Operative (if they get the jump on you).

I ALWAYS try to target healers, (they're fairly easy to take down once your DOTS are up) and killing the healer can definitely be a game-changer. I am very exicited about the 1.2 patch notes for Watchman and Sentinels in general. Awe, Force Kick, and Pacify no longer cost focus, as well as Pacify (the 90% accuracy debuff) will now be of the GCD.

On a different topic, I am astounded at the amount of damage an Operative can pull off at melee range with their shiv (dagger). However, Pacify works just as well on them as a Bounty Hunter.