Just some facts about female gamers

kalarigamerchic

Now, I do wonder, if supposedly all the male (young) gamers are in the basement ... where do the female gamers game? More importantly - do you eat your pizza cold as well??

This is a good question. I have often wondered this myself.

Where do you mythical creatures (female gamers:D) game from? in addition to the cold pizza, do you drink Code Red Mountain Dew as well?

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, it is tougher to be a young white male nowadays than anything else. no scholarships, no support services, no leg up anywhere. there is no equality and it can be seen from many different angles.

Yeah, you are so oppressed. You get paid 70 cents to every dollar made by someone of the other gender. No, wait, that's women. You can get murdered for being in possesion of a hoodie and a bag of skittles. No, that's black people.

Wait, what is it that white males have worse than anyone else again?

This is a good question. I have often wondered this myself.

Where do you mythical creatures (female gamers:D) game from? in addition to the cold pizza, do you drink Code Red Mountain Dew as well?

We need more facts in this thread about facts!

Please answer us.

Hey, if I am a geek, does that make you a geekess?

How do you juggle hairstyling and make-up with game time? Or don't you? It is commonly known that we save time by not changing our underwear - how do you cope with the timely demands, maybe we can learn something!

Yeah, any lingering credibility you may have had just ended there.

Why on earth did I misread this is "...any lingerie credibility"? :(

Now, I do wonder, if supposedly all the male (young) gamers are in the basement ... where do the female gamers game?

I usually tell the guys in the raid I'm playing from the kitchen, on my mobile hooked up to the microwave :p

Edited by Sauska

Fact does not exist, nothing can be a fact because a fact to one person can be an opinion to another, the color red? is not red to a colorblind individual

and the fact that im "stating" that "fact" doesnt exist is an opinion and not a fact is proof in itself, because many people would believe in "facts"

contridiction central is philosophically examined.

Take it like its hot

Hey kalarigamerchic I believe we have a girl community that just the place for you! :)

http://thegspot.enjin.com

The g stands for.... gaming ;)

I will have to check that out.

Hmm seriously did not know how to respond to some of the more ridiculous stuff I went back and read so don't think I will.

I am aggressive used to debate a lot back in school so its no wonder I will latch on when I feel pushed.

This thread wasn't meant to be serious it was a fun poke after reading some comments on gender in these very boards, it was to respond to the "women watch life time and cry" and all other antiquated nonsense I thought was funny.

Once again yes it was a look at me post just like any other post I decide to make on the boards.

I thank everyone who has been having fun and posting fun facts male female alien or 600 lbs blood drinkers that's all I wanted to do was take a topic most take seriously and have fun with it. Meet others who think "yeah" I can relate or at least add the funny like the make me dinner guy (too bad he got deleted) I even made a new friend with a potential date option so that's even more of a bonus.

As to proving who I am fine I will post a link to my picture as I said before nothing hot about me nothing special I am just a lady who likes to game who happens to enjoy fun forum topics and does not understand people who get all angsty about others speaking their mind but shrug that's life I guess can't please everyone so not going to try.

oh and slight edit since I missed it: I prefer cold pizza play in my room since its the most comfy place enjoy a good beer every once in awhile or a decent mixed drink.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/tyn616/TynieandJames.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t116/tyn616/Img_00020.jpg

Edited by kalarigamerchic

That's probably a freud thing. But sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! :D

I usually tell the guys in the raid I'm playing from the kitchen, on my mobile hooked up to the microwave :p

Now I'm torn and confused. Worry not, it's a natural reaction, we learn to cope early on by going to the basement and play some games.

I read here: I eat my pizza hot, that's why I'm next to the microwave.

Then we have the opposite - pizza cold! (sorry, don't know how to quote more then one post)

We can not establish a good picture from contradicting facts!

If you'll excuse me for a moment, I have to convince my wife to move the microwave down to the basement. Thinking monitor on top of it ... I might have to take the door off so I won't have to move my keyboard...

Hot pizza, I'm up for an adventure!

Nr. 5:

and yes, I play a female character, 3 of them in fact and I'm a dude lol...

Edit: unless I play a warrier'eshe class, where huge armor is the "fashion trend". I just prefer female characters over male.

anyways, nr. 5. I agree, not all women play healers, but most do. If you made a poll for women gamers only with the 3 options: tank, dps and healer, healer would win, Tank would lose, while obviously, dps would be in the middle.

this is an assumption based on women I have played mmos with, I saw no tanks, I saw and still do see many healers and some dps.

Edited by Fallerup

Why is it that every seemingly innocent thread about women and video games turns into a peter slicing witch hunt bent on pointing out how hard life is for everyone other than white males?

Life is hard guys and gals. For everyone. You're not an exception to that *SIMPLY* because of your skin tone or the junk that is dangling between your legs. Stop telling yourself that you are and you might get somewhere.

Edited by Celebrus

(...)

oh and slight edit since I missed it: I prefer cold pizza play in my room since its the most comfy place enjoy a good beer every once in awhile or a decent mixed drink.

(...)

Apologies for a potential double post - but I feel the urge for a WARNING and DISCLAIMER!

KIDS - do not try this at home. Not only does it take years of practice to balance the side effects of adult beverages with your gameplay - any liquid is lethal to your professional gaming keyboard with 2 million different light options.

Additional tips for boys. Au contraire to our female counterparts we are not known to multitask. If there is a need for refreshments (water only!), remove both hands from your keyboard/mouse, turn or move away and begin the liquid intake from a safe distance. Put the glass/bottle down and return to your game.

Alternatively you may ask mom (pro-tip, better chances with dad) for a water proof keyboard.

Pizza crums are easier (thus the evolution towards cold pizza) to vaccuum/blow or shake out of the keyboard - in case of using a vaccuum ask your dad (pro-tip, better chances with mom) on how to handle professional cleaning devices.

Edited by iRouven

That is how i determine wheather a second date is going to happen: on thier lingerie credibility........:D lol, j/k.

looks like your mind is subconciously in the gutter. WELCOME! it's fun here:D

Nr. 5:

and yes, I play a female character, 3 of them in fact and I'm a dude lol...

anyways, nr. 5. I agree, not all women play healers, but most do. If you made a poll for women gamers only with the 3 options: tank, dps and healer, healer would win, Tank would lose, while obviously, dps would be in the middle.

this is an assumption based on women I have played mmos with, I saw no tanks, I saw and still do see many healers and some dps.

Like you said, your opinion is based on what you have seen. I would like to state that I love to Tank and DPS. Never been huge in healing but having the ability to help support is always nice. In this game I love assassin tank/dps, and sorcerer dps/small healing. :D

honestly, it is tougher to be a young white male nowadays than anything else. no scholarships, no support services, no leg up anywhere. there is no equality and it can be seen from many different angles.

While I agree that when most groups claim that they want "equality," what they really want is supremacy, however, there is no need to complain that white men do not get as many handouts and assistance. If you succeed as a white man, you should be proud that you did it on your own merits and did not require a leg-up. Also, who really cares if the girls want their own website, or group, it does not damage the game and there are definitely many immature male gamers that would give them a reason to want their own space.

That is how i determine wheather a second date is going to happen: on thier lingerie credibility........:D lol, j/k.

looks like your mind is subconciously in the gutter. WELCOME! it's fun here:D

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

For the record, re what roles girl gamers play most: I've always played dps in every MMORPG. Come to think of it, I mainly play hunter variations (Combat Medic/Rifleman in SWG, Hunter in WoW and ...wait for it... Sniper in SWTOR!)

I'm sure a love for big guns is Freudian as well :cool:

Edited by Sauska

My wife never plays a healer in any game. She prefers characters that do close-in melee fighting. In TOR, I back her up with my sniper while she engages in CQ combat.

See this is what I am talking about fun :) and yes I am very careful when I drink around my pc I have lost two laptops to rum accidents :/

I joined the G-spot looks like a fun place so far and it lets me upload pictures which I am a picture taking addict specially in games ^_^

As for Tanking I haven't found a game since ddo where I felt the need to make one and my paladin in ddo was fun to play. I may try a tank in this game once I am finished with my smuggler though but definitely enjoy dps over all even with my healers currently have my sage spec to do nice damage with her pebbles ^_^ and sometimes I remember I can heal to :p

Yeah, you are so oppressed. You get paid 70 cents to every dollar made by someone of the other gender. No, wait, that's women. You can get murdered for being in possesion of a hoodie and a bag of skittles. No, that's black people.

Wait, what is it that white males have worse than anyone else again?

We can no longer claim that being the most overprivileged class in the history of the world is "justice."

Thanks for the warm welcome :D

For the record, re what roles girl gamers play most: I've always played dps in every MMORPG. Come to think of it, I mainly play hunter variations (Combat Medic/Rifleman in SWG, Hunter in WoW and ...wait for it... Sniper in SWTOR!)

I'm sure a love for big guns is Freudian as well :cool:

Snipers rule. :cool:

Also, as a guy, my love of the Commando class is from Doom back in the 90s. I played a lot of it when I was in during the mid-90s. Now my Trooper has an Assault Cannon that looks just like the good ol' BFG-9000! :D

My first FPS was Wolfenstein 3D, and Doom followed shortly thereafter. I know today's FPSs have much better graphics, and a storyline, but sometimes the Old School is more fun. :) Granted, I'm a huge Call of Duty fan as well. Going prone during combat is much more realistic than most other FPSs out there.

And to those who claim that Snipers should be able to go prone in Star Wars: Hey, be grateful we can actually take cover! Star Wars never was big on common sense when it comes to military tactics. lol

Edited by Captain_Zone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.