Stationary class is not much fun

Omatche

So i've been playing for only a short time a merc bh and managed to level to 27 so far. It's really fun to play however i'm now finiding that most of my attacks i can only perform while stood still. so while most of the other people i'm grouped with is charging around having fun i have to find strategic spots to fire off attacks which often ends in me getting slammed as a stationary target is much easier to hit.

My question to you all is...which of the available classes/advanced class is more suitable to a mobile playstyle?

i don't mind which faction it is and really don't have time to go through every advanced class to find the right one that suits me. so at least a little advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

Melee tends to be mobile, but then you will find a different weakness. It kind of makes a balance for ranged classes to have to stop an allow melee classes to move to combat kiting. The line of balance does get blurred from time to time.

So that being said would it be fair to say there isn't a ranged class which is upwardly mobile so to speak? most of the ranged skills and attacks are stationary?

correct.

Ranged DPS tends to be stationary, there are some AC/specs that are slightly less stationary than others, but they are all pretty stationary.

Melee DPS tends to be less stationary, but they are required to be in melee range.

It's part of balancing, ranged DPS can stand anywhere within 30-39 yard range (depending on class/spec/gear), but they need to stand still to do the most DPS. Melee DPS on the other hand can move around more, but need to stay within 4 yards of the target at all times to do the most DPS (which means they get hit by a lot more aoe's than ranged DPS does)

Great advice so far and thanks for the replies, it really has helped me figure this game out a little more. i'm coming from playing star wars galaxies for many years where there was no requirement to stand still while you fire off a special attack so this is the hardest part of the game for me to adjust and get used to. Also only using skills if your facing the right direction is also pretty weird for me :)

Anyway from what i know now i'm going to work on a new character (Vanguard) and hopefully this will suit my style of playing better. i will at some point continue with my BH also and try out the Pyrotech side of mercenary although i was told it's not great for people who are still leveling.

Thanks again for the help guys it's invaluable to me

So i've been playing for only a short time a merc bh and managed to level to 27 so far. It's really fun to play however i'm now finiding that most of my attacks i can only perform while stood still. so while most of the other people i'm grouped with is charging around having fun i have to find strategic spots to fire off attacks which often ends in me getting slammed as a stationary target is much easier to hit.

My question to you all is...which of the available classes/advanced class is more suitable to a mobile playstyle?

i don't mind which faction it is and really don't have time to go through every advanced class to find the right one that suits me. so at least a little advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

powertech rolled one when my merch hit 49 never went back to merch after everything is instant can be range or melee and you get a nice pull

Anyway from what i know now i'm going to work on a new character (Vanguard) and hopefully this will suit my style of playing better. i will at some point continue with my BH also and try out the Pyrotech side of mercenary although i was told it's not great for people who are still leveling.

Solo, the DPS is about the same for either one, actually. Arsenals do debuff armor, so get a bit more damage from their companion, though that doesn't mean much if you use Mako primarily. But Pyro has their fire dot = snare talent, which makes taking down most any melee elite trivial.

Snipers have the least mobility, followed by mercenary ( if arsenal specced) , then sorcerers, followed by pyrotech mercs.

The most mobiel class is the Marauder I would say, he only has 1 channeling ability and can dish out a lot of damage while moving ( with dots if annihilation specced)

Lol, you think mercenaries are too stationary?

Try playing a sorceror, or worse yet a sniper. You've got it easy in comparison.

Eh Letality Snipers have a much more moblity than the others, but yes Snipers are alot more stationary than a BH ever thought of being.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.