The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Armor Reduction while casting heals

celebrei

I think Commandos/Bounty Hunters in particular and healers more generally are getting more than their fair share of shafting already.

A) Across the board nerfs to impact of Commando heals in particular and healers in general

B) Removal/reduction of expertise bonus to heals

In general it never ceases to amaze me (particularly since WoW, sorry) how often DPS players complain about every other archetype. The complaints against Tanks and Healers in SWTOR are pretty much incessant on the boards and 1.2 is offering some hefty hits to Healers while leaving the best DPS classes in the game as good as they currently stand if not better. Yet when people stop playing Healers or Tanks folks who demanded their adjustment will be the same ones here complaining about getting roflstomped by premade groups and the unavailability of healers in Warzones, Operations and Flashpoints.

Edited by SWImara

I think Commandos/Bounty Hunters in particular and healers more generally are getting more than their fair share of shafting already.

A) Across the board nerfs to impact of Commando heals in particular and healers in general

In general it never ceases to amaze me (particularly since WoW, sorry) how often DPS players complain about every other archetype. The complaints against Tanks and Healers in SWTOR are pretty much incessant on the boards and 1.2 is offering some hefty hits to Healers while leaving the best DPS classes in the game as good as they currently stand if not better. Yet when people stop playing Healers or Tanks folks who demanded their adjustment will be the same ones here complaining about getting roflstomped by premade groups and the unavailability of healers in Warzones, Operations and Flashpoints.

DING!

Judging from the boards, most DPSers only want healers who either a) are there to provide training dummy kills to them in PVP or B) exist solely to pocket-heal them at all times, no exceptions.

Because, GOD FORBID a healer actually have an impact on a match or, boy, this is crazy, actually HEAL AWAY the damage done by the almighty DPS.

Lemme see ... class selection:

Sith Warrior .. ok, sound goods

Bounty Hunter .. hmm, that could be interesting

Imperial agent ... definetely some potential there

Group Wanking Sock ... OH! I PICK THAT ONE!

Its like this in every game with PVP. Damage dealers get all teary-eyed because there's actually a counter to them facerolling everything in the game. Boo-hoo.

Its like this in every game with PVP. Damage dealers get all teary-eyed because there's actually a counter to them facerolling everything in the game. Boo-hoo.

I'd argue that it really is a more recent phenomenon, one that I'd relate to the DPS cries about long queue times in WoW's dungeon finder and similar behaviors. After getting facerolled by Marauders and Shadows I really wonder at times if I'm playing the same game as other folks. Good thing Commandos/Mercenaries have two other completely worthless trees to PvP in ;)

Edited by SWImara

i think people need to learn to interrupt.

Give the man an award!

Healers can only heal if your team lets them. If they are letting a healer heal and not keeping them focused and interrupted then you and your team fail. Learn to pvp before you start complaining.

Healing expertise boost is being reduced today on PTS by 40%.

And before you call commandos OP, try to play one from zero. Especially after 1.2 when it's even harder to maintain enough ammo for healing.

PS: oh and keep in mind that healrs are designed to endure at least 2 DPS and still keep healing, that's how it should be.

PSS: having 4 healers in group is different story.

Edited by johnyangelo

Interrupt. CC. Don't let them LOS you.

Rip them down.

Seriously. There isn't a competent DPS in the game that can't stomp a healer into the ground in a matter of moments. Whining to make healers easier to kill just means they haven't figured out how to PVP yet.

Probably a fresh 50 in the PVP bracket who thinks its unfair all the BM-geared healers can out do him.

Edited by Akiva_IC

All DPSer's should be catapulted into the air for 20 seconds every time they deal damage, and all tanks should have their armor auto-unequipped and begin dancing naked when they generate threat.

And the armor debuff for healers is not enough. They should have a giant, red flashing bullseye appear over their characters body with neon caption exclaiming, "I'm over here and susceptible to attack!".

Edited by TurokDarkstar

DPS SHOULD be slaughtering healers... The problem is that tanks are too weak as it is now to counter the dps. So all in all, tanks are the current punching bags of the game, so buff them and nerf heals.

well i am tank vangurd can i kill healers just fine maybe you playing your tank class wrong :p..

And the armor debuff for healers is not enough. They should have a giant, red flashing bullseye appear over their characters body with neon caption exclaiming, "I'm over here and susceptible to attack!".

Commando healers already have that. It's called hammer shot.

^This^

oh sorry that commando has his stupid OP shield up.. cant do that....

Thats one more thing that shield they have that makes them uninterruptible while casting skills. I think an armor reduction is also needed while the shield is up and while they are casting their uninterruptible heals

I think an armor reduction is also needed while the shield is up and while they are casting their uninterruptible heals

I think my brain just imploded...

It's a shield, so naturally it should give an armor reduction, not a boost... -.-;;