Tank Companions Not Getting Shield/Absorption Bonuses?

Morgual

I geared my Xalek companion a bit before I noticed that he doesn't seem to be benefiting from either the Shield or Absorption stats.

My questions: Why? Is it only Xalek or do all tanking companions suffer this penalty?

http://imageshack.us/f/29/shieldn.png/

[EDIT: It looks like this seems to only be a Xalek issue...which means it's more likely to be a bug correct? Or somehow intended?]

Edited by Morgual
Apparently The Title Wasn't Accurate as it's just Xalek and not all Tank Companions.

If shield chance is at 5.00% then you definitely don't have the tanking buff switched on, it does cap out faster on a companion than on a player but companions don't get a spec tree or the points (which would be a nice addition imho).

I find that the tanking buff frequently, as in almost all the damn time, switches itself off, also there's a bug where it wont always have your buff on it, fixing that can be done by dimiss/resummon usually.

I noticed this yesterday! My only assumption is that it is a recent bug. I was having trouble keeping Khem alive recently for my level 31 sorceror so I decided to make him some moddable armor and dropped in level 31 blue might armoring and mods, and made purple enhancements that added +23 absorbtion each. I made him a new blue shield, yes.. SHIELD not focus, lol. Got him some relatively close to level 31 implants and an earpiece. With many of the items having augment slots that I dropped some level 25-31 shield rating augments into. This put both his shield rating and absorbtion to around 38%. Can't recall exactly what his defense rating came out to. But ultimately I noticed absolutely no difference in his survivability!!! He can barely stand up to two strongs.. with bubble and heals! rofl. I was so extremely dissappointed after all the effort, time, and credits I had invested in gearing him with the above only to notice no results! Hopefully they will look into this and find the problem soon. Until then I won't be playing my sorceror anymore, it's too much hassle and downtime to have to resummon Khem after every fight because it's faster than healing/regenerating him every single time! Edited by mguitar

The absorption rating doesn't factor even in his tanking stance.

So it seems to just be Xalek? That's odd and disappointing as he is the one I want to tank for me.

I don't mind it being reduced, in fact, I expect it, but to give my tanking companion some tank gear with stats that provide no bonuses for him is...annoying. :confused:

I noticed this yesterday! My only assumption is that it is a recent bug. I was having trouble keeping Khem alive recently for my level 31 sorceror so I decided to make him some moddable armor and dropped in level 31 blue might armoring and mods, and made purple enhancements that added +23 absorbtion each. I made him a new blue shield, yes.. SHIELD not focus, lol. Got him some relatively close to level 31 implants and an earpiece. With many of the items having augment slots that I dropped some level 25-31 shield rating augments into. This put both his shield rating and absorbtion to around 38%. Can't recall exactly what his defense rating came out to. But ultimately I noticed absolutely no difference in his survivability!!! He can barely stand up to two strongs.. with bubble and heals! rofl. I was so extremely dissappointed after all the effort, time, and credits I had invested in gearing him with the above only to notice no results! Hopefully they will look into this and find the problem soon. Until then I won't be playing my sorceror anymore, it's too much hassle and downtime to have to resummon Khem after every fight because it's faster than healing/regenerating him every single time!

I don't know about Khem, but at least in your example the stats are showing to be effective.

If you look at the image I linked it shows

Aborption Bonus (+175) +0.00% Absorption